ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Proud sponsors of Alex Revell

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Expectancy by Rob SBFCToday 00:24Today at 00:24:36view thread

Oldest article: Spencer McCall by bcb199411/7 10:34Sat Jul 11 10:34:06 2020view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Sky sports highlights by Copeysaurus12/9 23:10Sat Sep 12 23:10:14 2020view thread

Great to start with a point!

By Boromatt12/9 18:12Sat Sep 12 18:12:15 2020

Views: 535

Over the moon to start with a point and to get our season underway, it’s so nice to look at the table and see us 13th for a change, great stuff.

I thought that was tough today as openers go. Their on a high from last season and we’re going there with a brand new team looking to kick start a new chapter at the club after last seasons dross. I thought we were a bit too direct in the first half, List and Marsh weren’t able to go hold of the ball and get in the game with our direct approach, but was impressed with Newts work rate creating a couple little openings. Just a silly penalty to concede from Hutton, he’ll learn! But I thought we matched them.

Second half to start was much of the same as the first, Cumming really did save our bacon with a few great saves, was really impressed with him. Effiong and Rhead made the difference for me. Rhead started to get us playing on the floor a bit more, with Effiong being a threat in the box. I thought the last 20 minutes we were great. So happy we got the penalty and over the moon for Effiong to get his first goal for the club as a pro, great finish!

Overall, a good start IMO. Plenty of things we need to work on going forward, but it feels great to get our season off with a point on the board. Gutted not to be up there but thoroughly enjoyed supporting the Boro on the Ifollow and seeing the club back in League Two! Bring on next Saturday!

reply to this article | return to the front page

5 people like this 5 people

Re: Great to start with a point!

By Mercury 8812/9 20:05Sat Sep 12 20:05:14 2020In response to Great to start with a point! Top of thread

Views: 305

Happy with a point considering I had us down to get beat 1 - 0 which nearly happened.

I Knew today would be a tough game because of Barrow being more up for the game and going for the 3 points in their first league game since 1972 and considering how shit we started last season, to open this season with a point actually feels great as weird as that sounds because we would have liked to get 3 points, but hey looking onto next week and hopefully we will win our first home game of the new era under new management with a load of new players.

1 person likes this 1 person

By Balders (BALDOCKBORO)12/9 20:08Sat Sep 12 20:08:01 2020In response to Re: Great to start with a point! Top of thread

Views: 296

Why would they be more up for it than us?

First league game since 1972 or first league game under a new gaffer after a dismal last season.

Any player not up for it on the opening day should surely not be playing professionally.

1 person likes this 1 person

By Mercury 8812/9 20:12Sat Sep 12 20:12:18 2020In response to Re: Great to start with a point! Top of thread

Views: 291

Because as I said they would be more up for it as they've been out the football league since 1972 so in my opinion they would be up for it more. :)

Edited by Mercury 88 at 20:13:27 on 12th September 2020

By Balders (BALDOCKBORO)12/9 20:46Sat Sep 12 20:46:58 2020In response to Re: Great to start with a point! Top of thread

Views: 248

so you're saying our players weren't motivated to the max?

By SFCfox12/9 20:28Sat Sep 12 20:28:04 2020In response to Re: Great to start with a point! Top of thread

Views: 264

It isn't their players from 1972 looking for redemption though.

By Richie Rich C12/9 19:58Sat Sep 12 19:58:15 2020In response to Great to start with a point! Top of thread

Views: 299

I am going to agree with Matt.

If the best in the National league played at home to the bottom league 2 club you would back heavily the home team I reckon , ( why I have no cash ) so I think a draw is good , more pleasing was the want to go and push for the win rather than the tactic of the last few years of playing from our 18 yard box

2 people like this 2 people

By Chuds13/9 03:11Sun Sep 13 03:11:14 2020In response to Re: Great to start with a point! Top of thread

Views: 153

But we aren't the side who finished bottom of L2 (and I am not being pedantic because Macclesfield finished bottom, we are totally different to last year as we had seven new players today).

And it isn't anything like a normal Conf champion as they had such a huge layoff with the early end to the season, were in not great form when it ended and have a brand new manager and style/ideas.

Pleased we got off the mark, but I felt that was there to be won today, both before KO and at FT, and was a tad disappointed we didn't do so.

By Freemo12/9 19:59Sat Sep 12 19:59:22 2020In response to Re: Great to start with a point! Top of thread

Views: 298

If I'm reading this correctly, we finished strong? That in itself would be mental.

By Pete (PeteH)12/9 19:36Sat Sep 12 19:36:12 2020In response to Great to start with a point! Top of thread

Views: 341

It'll do mate. It'll do.

Could've been better. But that's how I describe most things.

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)12/9 18:53Sat Sep 12 18:53:31 2020In response to Great to start with a point! Top of thread

Views: 379

I'm reasonably happy.

By Chet Manley (Paulio)12/9 18:20Sat Sep 12 18:20:30 2020In response to Great to start with a point! Top of thread

Views: 457

Rhead?

By Pat (PatJ5)12/9 18:21Sat Sep 12 18:21:09 2020In response to Re: Great to start with a point! Top of thread

Views: 452

It's too early in the season to be getting all of the player's names correct.

By Themessiah12/9 18:30Sat Sep 12 18:30:59 2020In response to Re: Great to start with a point! Top of thread

Views: 421

Good start few things to improve on but I am happy with the point

Previous thread: Harrogate by RockyBottom12/9 22:04Sat Sep 12 22:04:25 2020view thread