ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Proud sponsors of Alex Revell

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Can you really be a boro fan and like other lo… by Chet ManleyToday 15:29Today at 15:29:52view thread

Oldest article: Chris Stokes by Stevenage FC Interviews30/6 19:31Tue Jun 30 19:31:44 2020view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Arthur Read. by WASP19/9 20:25Sat Sep 19 20:25:13 2020view thread

Taking The Knee At Football

By Roulette Len18/9 23:35Fri Sep 18 23:35:27 2020

Views: 696

QPR didn't earlier.

Should we stop too?

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Taking The Knee At Football

By Owen B19/9 10:40Sat Sep 19 10:40:28 2020In response to Taking The Knee At FootballTop of thread

Views: 443

Better to take proper action on race and racism than token gestures now. I think it should be up to the individual teams/players whether they make the symbolic statement.

By FootyIQ (HT-FT)19/9 08:10Sat Sep 19 08:10:35 2020In response to Taking The Knee At FootballTop of thread

Views: 522

QPR didn’t take the knee in their first game either.
Nothing wrong with it, media, tabloid and television are gutter journalism trying to create sensational stories from nothing.

If it’s not England players behaving badly, or spending and enjoying too much Money, they hound these players to fill column space, look at the over reaction to a golf player returning to football ffs and a countdown clock for clubs going bust.

I expect all others to phase out the knee, this is all part of a plan to phase out before crowds return to stadiums.

What better choice of leaders than the most diverse of all clubs to start this end process. If QPR do not feel the need then all the other virtue signalling sheep will follow on very soon. There will be publicity saying the Football body will review, say that the message has got across and then carry on with no room for racism. It’s their get out of jail card as they know people will react if the knee continues and they wont be able to steward or police the built up anger in the grounds as sport should never have got involved in politics.

We are all being played for mugs this year, politics and viruses.

Anyway enjoy the game x

8 people like this 8 people

By Freemo19/9 10:19Sat Sep 19 10:19:04 2020In response to Re: Taking The Knee At FootballTop of thread

Views: 422

Whether or not it has run its course, describing a gesture which started from some black sportsmen complaining about being at greater risk of being murdered as 'virtue signalling sheep' getting 'involved in politics' seems an overreaction.

Why must we be forever shouting at one another?

1 person likes this 1 person

By FootyIQ (HT-FT)19/9 11:09Sat Sep 19 11:09:15 2020In response to Re: Taking The Knee At FootballTop of thread

Views: 402

Appreciate the comment but as this is a football forum I won’t commit to a million word essay on the subject.

Nobody is shouting, we all understand racism is a global issue and is not acceptable. I’m sure Bill Gates is working on a vaccine now.

As for the virtue signalling sheep do you really think every single footballer taking the knee is for it, or just going along with it for fear of being outcast.

By Dave (daveadkins)19/9 15:51Sat Sep 19 15:51:05 2020In response to Re: Taking The Knee At FootballTop of thread

Views: 330

Does it hurt anyone. No
Does it help promote a cause. Yes.
Sheep have nothing to do with it. Unity does.

By Freemo19/9 11:21Sat Sep 19 11:21:35 2020In response to Re: Taking The Knee At FootballTop of thread

Views: 385

As I understand in the Premier League it started from Billy Sharp's respect for his team mate's wish to support Black Lives Matter's core message, and others followed suit.

I don't know what each individual players motivations are, I would try to find out before labelling them sheep. It may be to do with mutual respect for team mates, it may be part of a great war to re-write our culture. Footballers not generally noted for the latter.

By FootyIQ (HT-FT)19/9 11:28Sat Sep 19 11:28:05 2020In response to Re: Taking The Knee At FootballTop of thread

Views: 363

Well we agree on one thing,

“footballers aren’t the sharpest tools in the box”

2 people like this 2 people

By Chet Manley (Paulio)18/9 23:48Fri Sep 18 23:48:23 2020In response to Taking The Knee At FootballTop of thread

Views: 593

The players should feel free to do what they want.

By Balders (BALDOCKBORO)19/9 11:53Sat Sep 19 11:53:56 2020In response to Re: Taking The Knee At FootballTop of thread

Views: 348

Agreed. Ideally the captain should consult the squad and they should take a collective view. Which is what happened I'm sure.

Shaming people into doing it, like wearing a poppy is not the right thing to do.

By Roulette Len19/9 08:07Sat Sep 19 08:07:56 2020In response to Re: Taking The Knee At FootballTop of thread

Views: 477

I agree.

Sky obviously hadn't looked into how diverse QPR are.

Tenuous link... I had a dream (last night) that we went up 1-0 but lost 2-1.

By SFCfox19/9 08:11Sat Sep 19 08:11:35 2020In response to Re: Taking The Knee At FootballTop of thread

Views: 474

I counted 5 former Boro players in that game last night.

Matt Godden
Ilias Chair
Luke Amos
Ben Sheaf
Joe Lumley

Jobi as a pundit too.

#LeonScoutingGenius

By Freemo19/9 00:21Sat Sep 19 00:21:43 2020In response to Re: Taking The Knee At FootballTop of thread

Views: 573

If they don't like America, they should get out

Oldham prediction

By Bragbury10619/9 06:48Sat Sep 19 06:48:20 2020In response to Re: Taking The Knee At FootballTop of thread

Views: 541

3-1 win d. newton 2
i. effiong.

Previous thread: FAO: Diagonal stripe lovers by fmboro15/9 10:23Tue Sep 15 10:23:05 2020view thread