ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Proud sponsors of Alex Revell

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: What’s Changed ? by Chet ManleyYesterday 23:10Yesterday at 23:10:56view thread

Oldest article: PPG again then by FootyIQ26/9 08:18Sat Sep 26 08:18:42 2020view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Message to the Gaffer (Alex Revell) by WASP20/10 20:55Tue Oct 20 20:55:19 2020view thread

Can you really be a boro fan and like other local sides ?

By Richie Rich C18/10 10:31Sun Oct 18 10:31:37 2020

Views: 979

Can you ? Given our history, where we come from and how we once would happily dance on the grave of The likes and f Hitchin Towns Demise given we used to be lower leagued than them and have played most the local clubs around us and wanted to beat them with all our soul. How can it now be right to come on a boro chat forum actively encouraging supporters to support a different local club instead?

Or is it appropriate to support all local football ?

In which case why don’t those that feel it’s right start loving Woking and go watch them for a bit ?

Edited by Paulio at 11:08:12 on 18th October 2020

reply to this article | return to the front page

7 people like this 7 people

Re: Can you really be a boro fan and like other local sides ?

By Owen B20/10 13:28Tue Oct 20 13:28:10 2020In response to Can you really be a boro fan and like other local sides ? Top of thread

Views: 269

What about if you can't be arsed to pay a tenner for the stream tonight because it's all too shit and watch Champions League instead?

Asking for a friend.

By Ratman4620/10 13:35Tue Oct 20 13:35:07 2020In response to Re: Can you really be a boro fan and like other local sides ? Top of thread

Views: 241

I'll pay the tenner but might not be able to watch it all this evening.

By Chet Manley (Paulio)20/10 15:29Tue Oct 20 15:29:52 2020In response to Re: Can you really be a boro fan and like other local sides ? Top of thread

Views: 220

I won’t be paying the tenner as I’m busy not watching the game.

By Owen B20/10 13:39Tue Oct 20 13:39:56 2020In response to Re: Can you really be a boro fan and like other local sides ? Top of thread

Views: 233

I'm not sure I even have an excuse.

1 person likes this 1 person

By Ratman4620/10 13:44Tue Oct 20 13:44:18 2020In response to Re: Can you really be a boro fan and like other local sides ? Top of thread

Views: 226

I'll support the clubs home games with my £10. Every little helps.

By Owen B20/10 18:32Tue Oct 20 18:32:47 2020In response to Re: Can you really be a boro fan and like other local sides ? Top of thread

Views: 172

I paid. I have no willpower.

By Chuds20/10 20:22Tue Oct 20 20:22:06 2020In response to Re: Can you really be a boro fan and like other local sides ? Top of thread

Views: 139

Haha. Idiot ;).

By Ratman4620/10 19:15Tue Oct 20 19:15:05 2020In response to Re: Can you really be a boro fan and like other local sides ? Top of thread

Views: 173

I did all my jobs so I could watch from kick off, might go find some more to do now....

By Lopo19/10 09:44Mon Oct 19 09:44:01 2020In response to Can you really be a boro fan and like other local sides ? Top of thread

Views: 420

I went to watch AFC Rushden & Diamonds on Saturday just so I didn’t go and watch a local rival like Hitchin.

By Newbie_Boro (Yorkshire_Boro)19/10 10:19Mon Oct 19 10:19:03 2020In response to Re: Can you really be a boro fan and like other local sides ? Top of thread

Views: 393

I went to watch Haringey Borough, does that count as a local derby now?

By Dave (daveadkins)18/10 18:11Sun Oct 18 18:11:41 2020In response to Can you really be a boro fan and like other local sides ? Top of thread

Views: 534

Woking isn't local though.

By Phoenix18/10 14:43Sun Oct 18 14:43:45 2020In response to Can you really be a boro fan and like other local sides ? Top of thread

Views: 657

Spot on, some of our so called fans are a fucking embarrassment.

7 people like this 7 people

By Dave (daveadkins)18/10 18:12Sun Oct 18 18:12:27 2020In response to Re: Can you really be a boro fan and like other local sides ? Top of thread

Views: 531

Are you sure, you aren't one of them?

By Chet Manley (Paulio)18/10 15:00Sun Oct 18 15:00:20 2020In response to Re: Can you really be a boro fan and like other local sides ? Top of thread

Views: 590

Says the arsenal fan.

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)18/10 14:48Sun Oct 18 14:48:56 2020In response to Re: Can you really be a boro fan and like other local sides ? Top of thread

Views: 605

To be fair, most of them are.

By Balders (BALDOCKBORO)18/10 16:22Sun Oct 18 16:22:14 2020In response to Re: Can you really be a boro fan and like other local sides ? Top of thread

Views: 538

*Most of us

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)18/10 13:54Sun Oct 18 13:54:44 2020In response to Can you really be a boro fan and like other local sides ? Top of thread

Views: 615

Probably the same supporters who wear the full kit to matches.

By Tucks18/10 14:16Sun Oct 18 14:16:51 2020In response to Re: Can you really be a boro fan and like other local sides ? Top of thread

Views: 596

Put them on the pitch they might do a better job amirite?

By Chet Manley (Paulio)18/10 13:59Sun Oct 18 13:59:03 2020In response to Re: Can you really be a boro fan and like other local sides ? Top of thread

Views: 605

I only wear full kit when I’m watching at home.

By RobW SFC18/10 13:45Sun Oct 18 13:45:54 2020In response to Can you really be a boro fan and like other local sides ? Top of thread

Views: 604

Yes.

By Tucks18/10 12:44Sun Oct 18 12:44:53 2020In response to Can you really be a boro fan and like other local sides ? Top of thread

Views: 638

You can do whatever you want to do with your own life.

By Freemo18/10 12:36Sun Oct 18 12:36:31 2020In response to Can you really be a boro fan and like other local sides ? Top of thread

Views: 639

We don't have a team to support atm though do we? Just some pixels.

By Copeysaurus (CDawg)18/10 15:38Sun Oct 18 15:38:00 2020In response to Re: Can you really be a boro fan and like other local sides ? Top of thread

Views: 537

Very shit pixels as well

By Balders (BALDOCKBORO)18/10 12:36Sun Oct 18 12:36:00 2020In response to Can you really be a boro fan and like other local sides ? Top of thread

Views: 668

I have no idea if this is a remotely serious question or just a dig at Chuds, (which is itself a worthwhile way to spend a few Sunday minutes).

However, I couldn't give a shit about what our fans do when they can't watch us.

If you enjoy live football and want to watch some, good for you, whether that is Hitchin, Hatfield or one of the twelve Biggleswade teams doesn't matter.

If however, you choose to watch Biggleswade Rovers instead of Stevenage, i.e. If both are available to watch live at the same time and you are financially and logistically able to go to either, then you can't complain when people call you a twat or 2CW

That said I am firmly of the view that Chuds is probably playing with himself reading the opening post, congratulating himself on triggering you just a tiny bit. We all know despite his rant, that as soon as he can get back into The Lamex, he will. And he'll buy another season ticket next year and the year after. And then threaten to never set foot in the ground again, as usual when the club take advantage of his loyalty and don't build a small statue of him in the North Stand concourse.

I myself will probably go to Biggleswade to see some live football en I'm allowed out, not because I like them, I really don't care if they win or lose. But it's live football with a community focus and a ground quarter full of people that are passionate about it.

Edited by BALDOCKBORO at 12:37:55 on 18th October 2020

4 people like this 4 people

By Chuds19/10 23:48Mon Oct 19 23:48:43 2020In response to Re: Can you really be a boro fan and like other local sides ? Top of thread

Views: 298

Haha! Why does the statue have to be small? Bully! And you underestimate my stubbornness.

Being serious though, I really wish I hadn't bought a ST at Boro' this season so I didn't feel I had to sit at home and watch our home games on iFollow. I hate watching football on the TV, for me it is not football and I don't get any enjoyment from it. This has been the case for a long time, but I assumed it was because I was usually a neutral and it would be different if us playing. It isn't. You miss the whole experience by not being there and by relying on a (single) camera instead you don't get the view of the overall game. You cannot see the team shape, you cannot see the positioning of the players or their runs off the ball or anything other than where the ball is, and you even miss that a lot on iFollow!

Us being banned has fully proven that I don't actually really like football as a game or as a viewing spectacle unless there in person and involved, either as a player or a spectator. Watching a bunch of guys we have never seen play in the flesh, wearing a kit we have never seen in the flesh, pixelated on a TV screen, is not watching Boro'. I cannot form any connection to them or get excited about what I am seeing as I feel so removed from it. We had a brilliant win against Oldham, but as soon as the coverage cut out a minute after FT it was over and left no excitement in me, whereas had we been there I would have been buzzing all night. I hate iFollow and the longer we are forbidden from going to games the more unattached I feel. It's bullshit.

For those who like football on TV and watch games all the time I am sure it is great. Good on them. I am living a nightmare and need to attend live football in person, hence going to watch and support the Biggleswade clubs. Without it I would be going stir crazy. That alone is keeping me sane and giving me a little bit of normality.

Edited by Chuds at 23:50:43 on 19th October 2020

By Tucks20/10 10:03Tue Oct 20 10:03:58 2020In response to Re: Can you really be a boro fan and like other local sides ? Top of thread

Views: 221

I constantly find myself intending to go and watch a live game on a Saturday and then a combination of loyalty and the weather make me watch us on iFollow because the option is there.

It isn’t the same as being at the ground and the fact that I’ll have watched the early kick off Premier League game beforehand on the TV highlights the poor quality of the camerawork even more.

As it stands tonight I’m planning to go and watch Waltham Abbey but it’s raining, cold and we’re on iFollow. I can watch us for a tenner and then the bake off and not have to leave the sofa.

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))20/10 13:00Tue Oct 20 13:00:09 2020In response to Re: Can you really be a boro fan and like other local sides ? Top of thread

Views: 198

Cold??!!!

By Bragbury10620/10 08:57Tue Oct 20 08:57:58 2020In response to Re: Can you really be a boro fan and like other local sides ? Top of thread

Views: 233

have watched all the stevenage games ST holder and paid for the away games a tenner.
also saved a few quid in not going to away matches. BUT still missing the buzz of going to watch.

even watched a girls match the other week (abandoned after 65 mins fighting) must admit played some good football
but when it kicks -off they dont mess about.

what does worry me though is how long will supporters last without going to games, and have lost there intrest in
the game of football

By Ratman4620/10 12:32Tue Oct 20 12:32:46 2020In response to Re: Can you really be a boro fan and like other local sides ? Top of thread

Views: 203

The Golf course has certainly busier on a Saturday

By Chet Manley (Paulio)20/10 08:00Tue Oct 20 08:00:38 2020In response to Re: Can you really be a boro fan and like other local sides ? Top of thread

Views: 228

tl;dr

2 people like this 2 people

By Dave (daveadkins)18/10 18:10Sun Oct 18 18:10:22 2020In response to Re: Can you really be a boro fan and like other local sides ? Top of thread

Views: 476

"Small statue of him." That's mean.

By Sev18/10 11:59Sun Oct 18 11:59:10 2020In response to Can you really be a boro fan and like other local sides ? Top of thread

Views: 676

I find it strange when people go and support our local rivals.

3 people like this 3 people

By Copeysaurus (CDawg)18/10 14:48Sun Oct 18 14:48:36 2020In response to Re: Can you really be a boro fan and like other local sides ? Top of thread

Views: 558

I feel dirty going to watch WGC sometimes knowing about our ferocious rivalry with them

By Hitchin Callling18/10 11:16Sun Oct 18 11:16:42 2020In response to Can you really be a boro fan and like other local sides ? Top of thread

Views: 694

I might start going to Hitchin now and then just to see some live footy.I might ask one of the bumpkins is their "real" team Boro like I get asked do I really support Spurs/Arsenal or even Luton.

PS Other day saw somebody with a Boro Face Mask in Hitchin.Own up was that you.

By SFCfox18/10 10:54Sun Oct 18 10:54:35 2020In response to Can you really be a boro fan and like other local sides ? Top of thread

Views: 715

It's what hipsters do.

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)18/10 10:36Sun Oct 18 10:36:03 2020In response to Can you really be a boro fan and like other local sides ? Top of thread

Views: 725

I fucking hate the working.

By Chet Manley (Paulio)18/10 10:32Sun Oct 18 10:32:52 2020In response to Can you really be a boro fan and like other local sides ? Top of thread

Views: 751

Up the Woking.

By Richie Rich C18/10 10:42Sun Oct 18 10:42:01 2020In response to Re: Can you really be a boro fan and like other local sides ? Top of thread

Views: 731

Oh man how do I edit ? It was a top rant until that moment .. Mr Fish please by the wonders of modern magic can you edit working to Woking please though I now fear having asked Mr Fish to edit it , it could be a whole new post

Previous thread: Hindsight is a wonderful thing... by WASP20/10 09:39Tue Oct 20 09:39:30 2020view thread