ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Super proud sponsors of Alex Revell IDST

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: The Gary Smith era by Owen BToday 20:15Today at 20:15:44view thread

Oldest article: Today's games by BasingstokeBoro19/12/2020 15:51Sat Dec 19 15:51:33 2020view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Form league by Borojim18/2 21:40Thu Feb 18 21:40:08 2021view thread

Match thread - Crawley (a)

By Owen B16/2 18:15Tue Feb 16 18:15:42 2021

Views: 1359

Starting XI: Stockdale, James-Wildin, Coker, Prosser, Vancooten, List, Pett, Stevens, Norris, Roles, Lines.

Subs: Johnson, Vincelot, Cuthbert, Osborne, Read, Martin, Draper.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Match thread - Crawley (a)

By Copeysaurus (CDawg)16/2 21:14Tue Feb 16 21:14:36 2021In response to Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 786

6 bookings, is that a fine?

By Freemo16/2 21:16Tue Feb 16 21:16:50 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 757

Wasn't that kind of game but maybe we're gaining a bit of an edge. Norris was being a shithouse.

1 person likes this 1 person

By Ratman4616/2 21:13Tue Feb 16 21:13:36 2021In response to Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 776

Get in, squeaky bum time at the end with the Pen and 6 mins added time.

By Themessiah16/2 21:10Tue Feb 16 21:10:51 2021In response to Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 771

Get in boro

By Nick (Nick.)16/2 21:00Tue Feb 16 21:00:38 2021In response to Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 769

Well, that was enjoyable. Very enjoyable indeed.

By Freemo16/2 21:08Tue Feb 16 21:08:51 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 785

Had a feeling about tonight but unfortunately the only gamble I made was on buying a match pass. Crawley were well off it and didn't exploit us in the wide positions but we still managed to find a cutting edge for once.

Textbook finish from Osborne and he changed the game. The subs blunted us (crushing inevitability about us somehow ending up without enough forwards), but when he moved to the left hand side it opened the game up. List was very lively too.

By SFCfox16/2 21:14Tue Feb 16 21:14:50 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 757

I'd argue that Coker and Wildin both had really good games rather than they failed to exploit the wide areas.

By jayess16/2 21:39Tue Feb 16 21:39:23 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 705

There has been so much bollocks on here aimed at Wildin and Coker (mainly from AE). They are 40% of a defence that is top six. Our problems are about scoring, not conceding. By League Two standards they are both far better than average.

5 people like this 5 people

By AgentEves16/2 22:57Tue Feb 16 22:57:11 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 592

Firstly, it isn't bollocks. Coker is shit.

Secondly, not conceding goals isn't purely down to the defenders in the same way that scoring goals isn't purely down to the strikers. It's like when we struggle to score goals and everyone bitches that we need a new striker. It's such simplistic reasoning. The fact that we have changed Marshall and Cumming for Prosser and Stockdale and seen no major change in our defensive record tells you that it isn't a simple case of the individual defenders being the only reason why our defensive record is good.

Wildin has been much better in the past few games, but I still believe that he would be far more useful playing right wing than he is at right back, and that his defending is inconsistent. The only reason I don't argue that we should be playing him right wing is because we don't have a better option to play right back. I'll also concede that Coker has been better in the past 2/3 games. But as soon as Coker comes up against a decent winger with a bit of pace, he gets his pants pulled down. He isn't a quality left back, he is barely adequate. Martin is a much, much better option, and if he hadn't gotten injured, I'd suspect Coker wouldn't have had another look in.

7 people like this 7 people

By Bumble16/2 22:43Tue Feb 16 22:43:27 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 597

Although I agree with what you say, I would prefer more quality than Wildin
Defensively poor, but that said he has been better than usual

By Freemo16/2 22:25Tue Feb 16 22:25:11 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 616

The combination of Revell's faith and Wilkins' guidance seems to have Wildin getting back to the combination of the sublime (bombing forward) and the absurd (mental lapses) that we saw in his first season. Playing in a (relatively) settled back four he may be starting to push on from there.

By SFCfox16/2 22:10Tue Feb 16 22:10:41 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 614

Amen.

By RockyBottom16/2 21:45Tue Feb 16 21:45:16 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 664

Disagree. Coker is generally too slow to play at fullback. Gets caught out too much.

By jayess16/2 21:50Tue Feb 16 21:50:21 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 662

How many goals have we conceded?

By AgentEves16/2 22:58Tue Feb 16 22:58:49 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 601

EDIT: Just because we have a good defensive record doesn't mean we shouldn't be looking to improve any of the back four.

The fact that the management felt the need to strengthen the team by bringing in a new left back tells me that those in charge agree that Coker isn't good enough, or at least hasn't been this season.

Wildin has been much, much improved these past few games, as I've mentioned elsewhere. That said, the goal against Bolton was still his fault, and showed he's still capable of very clumsy mistakes. His speed also gets him out of trouble a lot.

Coker has no speed. So when he gets caught out, he's fucked, because he can't recover as well as Wildin can. Just look at Coker when he plays. Watch how he controls the ball. He has his head down, often gets the ball stuck under his feet, and almost always needs a second touch to get him on his way. By which time he has been closed down and invariably he ends up whacking it down the line, or passing it back to the centre back who just gave him the ball.

He isn't a good player and there is undoubtedly room to improve the position. Hopefully Martin provides that improvement.

Edited by AgentEves at 23:07:08 on 16th February 2021
Edited by Paulio at 06:21:51 on 17th February 2021

By jayess17/2 01:01Wed Feb 17 01:01:30 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 539

Your ability to express yourself eloquently should not disguise the fact that some of the time you might be getting it wrong; consider the possibility that there might be another valid point of view.
I don't see either Coker or Wildin in my World XI, but neither is the reason we have struggled for much of the season.
By the same token, Newton is decidedly not a better option than Norris, though he has had ample opportunity to prove that he is. I love Newton's attitude, but he has a lousy first touch and lacks awareness of players around him. Norris holds the ball up well and is technically more adept. But he seems to be your latest target.
Again, he doesn't make the Hall of Fame, but he is part of a group of better signings that are the underlying reason that results have improved. Or is it moronic to say so, if it doesn't endorse your verdict?

By Copeysaurus (CDawg)17/2 07:34Wed Feb 17 07:34:27 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 492

Na.

Coker is poor.

Edit: Fundamentally he is ok, but he is so fucking slow. His injury has clearly fucked him because I remember him being absolutely rapid whenever he played against us.

I rate his attitude highly he clearly wants to be here and wants to win and is always the first to celebrate with the goal scorer

Wildin is inconsistent. Wildin is the Danny Newton of right backs

Edited by CDawg at 07:45:35 on 17th February 2021

3 people like this 3 people

By Balders (BALDOCKBORO)17/2 18:31Wed Feb 17 18:31:50 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 298

Wildin was inconsistent, his stats are up there with the top end of the league, it's league 2, he makes the odd mistake and can't always recover.,but he's not inconsistent anymore (statistically) than any other L2 defender, in fact he's more consistent.

By AgentEves17/2 18:42Wed Feb 17 18:42:55 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 289

I've turned a little bit of a corner with Wildin, I have to say. I don't think he's a great right back, but I think he can probably be considered a decent enough League Two right back.

I've also started to think that if we find another right back next season, Wildin would make a very good right winger. A proper old fashioned winger; plenty of pace, wants to go to the outside, can beat a man, and can put a reasonably decent cross in on a fairly consistent basis. It would also alleviate the mistakes he makes, since he'd be backed up by a defender.

Plus, it would give us the chance to put List up front, where he should be playing.

By Freemo17/2 19:32Wed Feb 17 19:32:00 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 284

I can't remember Wildin putting in one decent cross tbf. He can hit the byline often enough so we need to work on having someone there for him to cut it back to.

By AgentEves17/2 19:55Wed Feb 17 19:55:16 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 270

He's started floating a few to the back post recently, I've noticed, which are at least getting the ball into the box.

Admittedly, Coker and Martin are pretty good crossers of the ball, but it's not like there's an abundance of great crossers in League Two.

By SFCfox17/2 08:52Wed Feb 17 08:52:21 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 477

As we learnt last season, attitude is more important than ability.

He isn't as bad as others are making out. He got roasted against Swansea but he isn't a Championship player.

Ronnie Henry was far from Cafu but it worked.

By AgentEves17/2 16:25Wed Feb 17 16:25:46 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 348

You can't seriously be comparing Coker to Ronnie Henry?

By AndyC17/2 23:35Wed Feb 17 23:35:20 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 247

Pace wise they are similar

By AgentEves18/2 00:04Thu Feb 18 00:04:56 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 283

OK, but that isn't the only criteria on which a player is judged.

Coker has poor positioning and poor agility, which both compound his lack of speed. Him being slow isn't the sole reason why he is shit. Him being slow means he doesn't have anything to cover up his other shortcomings.

By AgentEves17/2 02:22Wed Feb 17 02:22:43 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 532

Sometimes I do get it wrong, and I think I'm pretty open to accepting when I've got it wrong. I accepted that I got it wrong about Akins, when I claimed he was shit and he turned out to be good. I've also accepted that Coker and Wildin have been playing better recently, despite the fact that it doesn't exactly aid my claim that they're both varying degrees of not very good.

That said, I'm very confident with my assessment that Coker isn't good enough. He may have been a decent player when he was younger, but even then, the highest he has ever played is League One, and even then, that was 3 seasons ago. Next season, Ben Coker will be playing non-league football, or will have retired, I would bet my house on it.

I haven't said that Coker and Wildin are the reason we struggled at the start of the season. I have been pretty vocal with my opinion that they are weak links, but I think I made it pretty clear that I thought the reason we were struggling at the start of the season was down to unnecessarily negative tactics and a style of football that was far too direct. Since we have addressed both of those things, our results, and performances, have taken an upward turn, so I don't think it's unreasonable for me to claim my assessment was pretty accurate.

Newton has had plenty of opportunity to prove himself and I think it's reasonable to say that he is, at best, a bottom-end League Two striker. Like you say, he has a lousy first touch and lacks awareness of players around him. I'd also add that he gives away needless fouls, his distribution is poor, and he doesn't get enough goals. However, his defensive work is top notch, that is undisputable. He is also exceptionally good at winning headers when the ball is lumped forward, and has a great combination of tenacity, athleticism and strength.

Do I think Newton is the best option for us moving forward? No. Do I think he offers more than Norris? Maybe. Do I think he offers more than Stevens? Definitely.

Looking at Norris, specifically, I think his hold up play is pretty good. He brings players into play a better than Newton does, I completely agree. However, because he is less athletic than Newton, he gets onto the end of fewer balls forward. He is also unquestionably not as good in the air as Newton. So while he is better in possession than Newton, the amount of possession he wins is lower. Let's also not ignore the fact that it's not as though Norris has a 100% pass completion rate, or is frequently making exquisite through balls or setting up other players with gilt-edged chances. Newton wins more balls, but gives more away. Norris wins fewer balls, but gives it away less. I'd say their output, in terms of hold-up play, is probably about the same.

So then we look at goal scoring... neither are exactly setting the world alight. I can't be bothered to look up the scoring stats of the two players, but it's not as though one is clearly better than the other.

So really, it comes down to the only obvious difference between the two - Newton's athleticism and work rate, compared to Norris. The way I see it, Newton is much more of a nuisance for defenders than Norris is. He constantly harasses defenders and is always putting them under pressure. I rarely see Norris closing down defenders with the same urgency as Newton. So that's what most of my assessment comes down to... I would rather have a player who is constantly annoying defenders and forcing them to play it long, or give the ball away, assuming that all other aspects are a wash.

With regards to Stevens, I think he's much more similar to Newton in terms of tenacity and work rate, but he's less athletic and offers less in terms of aerial ability. I'd say Newton gives us more than Stevens in most categories.

You having an opinion that doesn't match mine isn't what's moronic. What's moronic is you saying "How many goals have we conceded?" as a way to argue that Coker is a decent player. That is so horrifically simplistic. You have to look at the individual player and their skillset if you're assessing their ability. Sure, there are other factors that come into play, such as their ability to link up with other players, but in terms of assessing individual ability, saying "well we haven't conceded many goals" isn't a strong enough argument that someone doesn't need replacing. Our defence is good, without a doubt, but can we improve it? Certainly. And, like I said, seemingly the management team agrees.

By Bumble17/2 21:50Wed Feb 17 21:50:34 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 283

A great reply Sir
Spoken like a Football Manager or coach
I agree with your assessment
Made a good case
Although I
Don't agree with it all you clearly made your case and Opinion
Forever and a day, everyone will have an opinion regards Football that may differ from others

By AgentEves16/2 20:52Tue Feb 16 20:52:25 2021In response to Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 874

#ARGENIUS

6 at the back, 0 strikers for the last 5 mins.

By Copeysaurus (CDawg)16/2 20:53Tue Feb 16 20:53:43 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 836

Hopefully Sampson’s coaching will pay dividends here

By Copeysaurus (CDawg)16/2 20:56Tue Feb 16 20:56:39 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 833

It does!!! Well done Mark and the boys, get in!

Penalty to Crawley

By AgentEves16/2 20:48Tue Feb 16 20:48:33 2021In response to Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 934

Stupid foul from Read.

6 minutes

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)16/2 20:50Tue Feb 16 20:50:43 2021In response to Penalty to CrawleyTop of thread

Views: 897

Fuck off Ref.

Re: Penalty to Crawley

By Owen B16/2 20:49Tue Feb 16 20:49:55 2021In response to Penalty to CrawleyTop of thread

Views: 923

Is he wrestling?

By Dino Maamria's Goat. (Gaz Murray)16/2 22:11Tue Feb 16 22:11:05 2021In response to Re: Penalty to CrawleyTop of thread

Views: 630

I don’t know, I don’t watch wrestling.

By Freemo16/2 22:22Tue Feb 16 22:22:32 2021In response to Re: Penalty to CrawleyTop of thread

Views: 601

Then you won't have appreciated Prosser's strong collar-and-elbow tie-up with the Crawley player.

SAVED!

By AgentEves16/2 20:49Tue Feb 16 20:49:10 2021In response to Penalty to CrawleyTop of thread

Views: 944

Great save!

GOAL! 1-0: Osborne

By AgentEves16/2 20:42Tue Feb 16 20:42:30 2021In response to Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 1002

Fantastic finish.

Re: GOAL! 1-0: Osborne

By AgentEves16/2 20:46Tue Feb 16 20:46:56 2021In response to GOAL! 1-0: OsborneTop of thread

Views: 946

I hope Osborne can push on. He shows signs of being very capable, and was obviously unlucky with the spending a big part of this season out with an injury. With Lines likely a 1-season signing, Read only in on loan, and Pett not offering quite as much forward drive, hopefully Osborne can be a good central midfield option going into next season.

By RockyBottom16/2 20:46Tue Feb 16 20:46:37 2021In response to GOAL! 1-0: OsborneTop of thread

Views: 931

I really rate him as a player at this level.

Edited by RockyBottom at 20:46:50 on 16th February 2021

By Bankerbob16/2 20:43Tue Feb 16 20:43:18 2021In response to GOAL! 1-0: OsborneTop of thread

Views: 959

What a cracker! Up the Boro...

By SFCfox16/2 20:42Tue Feb 16 20:42:48 2021In response to GOAL! 1-0: OsborneTop of thread

Views: 951

What a goal. Get in!

By AgentEves16/2 20:42Tue Feb 16 20:42:03 2021In response to Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 923

Me: "Watch Norris launch this into orbit."
Norris: happily obliges.

Not to sound like a broken drum, but I really don't know what Norris offers. Certainly not enough to be playing 90 mins every week, even if Revs thinks he's first choice.

By AgentEves16/2 20:36Tue Feb 16 20:36:03 2021In response to Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 936

Unusual from List there. Thought he'd have buried that. Took an extra touch when I don't think he needed to. Great turn of pace to create the chance though.

By AgentEves16/2 20:13Tue Feb 16 20:13:36 2021In response to Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 964

SUBS:

Stevens off, Osborne off.
Roles off, Read on.

I assume List up front, Osborne on the right.
Pett out to the left, with Read in CM.

By worrier16/2 20:28Tue Feb 16 20:28:59 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 938

Where is Danny Bulman ?

By Specky (Mike H)16/2 20:32Tue Feb 16 20:32:52 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 929

Has more of a coaching role now than a playing one.

By Owen B16/2 20:23Tue Feb 16 20:23:40 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 944

That wasn't the way to play the advantage...

Stockdale or Cumming?

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)16/2 20:06Tue Feb 16 20:06:53 2021In response to Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 1118

Who would you prefer in goal for Boro?

Re: Stockdale or Cumming?

By Chet Manley (Paulio)16/2 20:20Tue Feb 16 20:20:11 2021In response to Stockdale or Cumming?Top of thread

Views: 1042

I like Cumming.

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)16/2 20:24Tue Feb 16 20:24:11 2021In response to Re: Stockdale or Cumming?Top of thread

Views: 998

Over Stockdale?

2 people like this 2 people

By Chet Manley (Paulio)16/2 20:27Tue Feb 16 20:27:56 2021In response to Re: Stockdale or Cumming?Top of thread

Views: 985

My choice definitely would be Cumming over Johnson.

By Specky (Mike H)16/2 20:21Tue Feb 16 20:21:07 2021In response to Re: Stockdale or Cumming?Top of thread

Views: 972

I like Stockdaling......

By SFCfox16/2 20:15Tue Feb 16 20:15:31 2021In response to Stockdale or Cumming?Top of thread

Views: 978

Either. I think we'll sign Stockdale for next season.

By Dino Maamria's Goat. (Gaz Murray)16/2 20:07Tue Feb 16 20:07:33 2021In response to Stockdale or Cumming?Top of thread

Views: 993

Cumming.

By Owen B16/2 20:09Tue Feb 16 20:09:13 2021In response to Re: Stockdale or Cumming?Top of thread

Views: 1016

Chris Day

I've only got it on the radio.

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)16/2 19:30Tue Feb 16 19:30:45 2021In response to Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 1110

Sounds like Crawley are dominating us. Is that a fair reflection?

Edited by Original Mr Wasp at 19:31:02 on 16th February 2021

Re: I've only got it on the radio.

By RockyBottom16/2 19:39Tue Feb 16 19:39:20 2021In response to I've only got it on the radio.Top of thread

Views: 1063

No, it's a pretty even game.

By Ratman4616/2 19:32Tue Feb 16 19:32:08 2021In response to I've only got it on the radio.Top of thread

Views: 1056

No, cancelling each other out, not much happening for either side.

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)16/2 19:34Tue Feb 16 19:34:48 2021In response to Re: I've only got it on the radio.Top of thread

Views: 1050

Steve just said we now look the more attacking side.

By Owen B16/2 19:36Tue Feb 16 19:36:36 2021In response to Re: I've only got it on the radio.Top of thread

Views: 1044

I didn't know he was doing commentary on away matches.

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)16/2 19:38Tue Feb 16 19:38:37 2021In response to Re: I've only got it on the radio.Top of thread

Views: 1032

Yes. He's in the broom cupboard at 3cr in Dunstable watching the iFollow feed. He's been in there since Saturday.

By Ratman4616/2 19:42Tue Feb 16 19:42:21 2021In response to Re: I've only got it on the radio.Top of thread

Views: 1035

Isolating still

By AgentEves16/2 19:03Tue Feb 16 19:03:36 2021In response to Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 1131

Decent commentary so far. So much better than Saturday.

By Lopo16/2 20:18Tue Feb 16 20:18:34 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 939

Someone needs to tweet them to let them know.

By Owen B16/2 19:04Tue Feb 16 19:04:38 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 1127

These two seem alright actually.

By Nick (Nick.)16/2 19:12Tue Feb 16 19:12:07 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 1102

Its amazing how great they sound after the Saturday shitshow!

By AgentEves16/2 19:05Tue Feb 16 19:05:39 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 1103

Saturday was an absolute joke. I've never heard anything like it.

By Owen B16/2 19:06Tue Feb 16 19:06:03 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 1097

I'm glad I missed it!

By AgentEves16/2 19:00Tue Feb 16 19:00:29 2021In response to Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 1118

Feel a little sorry for Smith, he looked pretty good in the games he played. Hasn't had a look in recently. Not entirely unjustified, as I think Read and Pett (and definitely Lines) are probably better, but just a shame to see him not getting anymore playing time.

By AgentEves16/2 18:17Tue Feb 16 18:17:50 2021In response to Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 1196

Glad to see Roles getting a start. He looked very good in the short period of time he played against Tranmere.

What's up with Newton? He injured?

Prosser has looked solid in the last two games, so good to see him keeping his spot. Would probably prefer Read over Pett in the middle, as he offers a little more urgency, but happy enough with Pett.

I fancy another sneaky 1-0 win today.

By Deltic 2116/2 21:33Tue Feb 16 21:33:39 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 617

Good call!

By Sev16/2 18:47Tue Feb 16 18:47:23 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 1152

I don't watch the away games, where does Roles play, on the wing presumably if you're saying Pett will be central? Is it a 442 lineup?

By AgentEves16/2 18:58Tue Feb 16 18:58:43 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 1107

I'd guess 4-4-2 with Pett CM and Roles LM.

He played LM on Saturday, but I think can also play as a 10.

He's very similar to Aitchison, but looks like he's a bit better with decision making and distribution. Aitchison can be frustrating and a little Newton-like (i.e. no.1 objective is to shoot) whereas Roles looks like the sort of player to beat a player or two and then lay it off.

By Ratman4616/2 19:14Tue Feb 16 19:14:32 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 1070

Roles isn't paying much attention to staying out wide at present, serious lack of width on our left.

By Owen B16/2 18:49Tue Feb 16 18:49:05 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 1125

Are you asking what Roles's role is?

By Sev16/2 19:12Tue Feb 16 19:12:54 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 1067

I'd also like to know if Pett has any domesticated animals that he looks after.

By Owen B16/2 19:16Tue Feb 16 19:16:32 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 1069

I hope he buys a pet shop when he retires. We may then be able to use the line:

Pett pets pets at Pett's pet shop.

By Sev16/2 19:38Tue Feb 16 19:38:58 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 1012

There is a sentence where you can use the word "and" 5 times in a row and it makes sense.

By Bankerbob16/2 19:51Tue Feb 16 19:51:32 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 974

There's also one using 'had' 11 times consecutively :)

By AgentEves16/2 19:15Tue Feb 16 19:15:25 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 1066

And if Read has any books he'd like to recommend.

By BasingstokeBoro16/2 18:19Tue Feb 16 18:19:14 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 1171

Yep, no Newton or Aitchenson. Good to see Martin injury wasn't too bad.

Yes, not sure what Read has suddenly done to be dropped last few games.

By Owen B16/2 18:27Tue Feb 16 18:27:15 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 1142

I missed Saturday's game vs the mighty Bolton Wanderers. Sounds like I didn't miss much with the commentary...

By SparkyToes16/2 19:15Tue Feb 16 19:15:14 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 1085

I am going to be polite and describe the Bolton commentary as poor. The Crawley commentary is so much better. They have done their homework. Impressive and enjoyable to listen to.

Edited by SparkyToes at 19:18:29 on 16th February 2021

By Owen B16/2 19:19Tue Feb 16 19:19:41 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 1076

I'm laughing at all the tweets he's reading out about Bolton's commentary.

By SparkyToes16/2 19:25Tue Feb 16 19:25:13 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 1046

Me too.

By AgentEves16/2 19:22Tue Feb 16 19:22:50 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 1077

Honestly, it was ridiculous. If they were still in the Prem, and we were in the Ryman, it still would have been biased and patronising. They were speaking like it was an absolute chore that they had to play against us.

If they were top of the league, then MAYBE you could have understood their attitude, but they were 6th from bottom at the time. It was just so strange to listen to. Delusional.

By Deltic 2116/2 21:37Tue Feb 16 21:37:46 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 630

Hey! You got read out by the commentators. I laughed out loud at those first couple of sentences when they read it. Didn’t realise it was you.

By AgentEves16/2 23:00Tue Feb 16 23:00:56 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 516

Haha. Now you know my real name. Just don't tell anyone.

By Ratman4616/2 19:26Tue Feb 16 19:26:57 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 1042

We've gone completely the other way and can't lick their arses enough tonight.

By Freemo16/2 19:42Tue Feb 16 19:42:21 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 1009

Makes us sound needy. What happened to nobody likes us, we don't care

By SparkyToes16/2 19:28Tue Feb 16 19:28:04 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 1045

Ha ha. Credit where credit is due.

By worrier16/2 19:37Tue Feb 16 19:37:03 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Crawley (a) Top of thread

Views: 1026

What is the commentators twitter page

Previous thread: Mansfield by Copeysaurus17/2 18:27Wed Feb 17 18:27:50 2021view thread