ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Super proud sponsors of Alex Revell IDST

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: BYE BYE BORO! by Owen BToday 11:04Today at 11:04:12view thread

Oldest article: Ian Holloway by Balders23/12/2020 10:03Wed Dec 23 10:03:19 2020view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Boro picks by footballfan11/3 12:12Thu Mar 11 12:12:35 2021view thread

National League N&S declared null and void

By Balders (BALDOCKBORO)18/2 19:26Thu Feb 18 19:26:54 2021

Views: 1590

National League to continue at this time.

So no relegation from Step 1. So the league no longer has any integrity.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Funding Update

By Hitchin Callling9/3 16:46Tue Mar 9 16:46:50 2021In response to National League N&S declared null and voidTop of thread

Views: 649

Now also seems even the loans are given out in very limited circumstances-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56322220

Fiasco Update

By Hitchin Callling11/3 16:34Thu Mar 11 16:34:16 2021In response to Funding UpdateTop of thread

Views: 546

NLS /NLN have just put a proposal in to have a mini league at least 2 promotion places to NL. Teams can opt out and I assume still no relegations to Trident leagues.
Doubt it will be agreed but Barnet probably thought they were safe . Dover probably not bothered.

Re: Fiasco Update

By Freemo11/3 18:22Thu Mar 11 18:22:09 2021In response to Fiasco UpdateTop of thread

Views: 467

The fairest thing is to give out the promotion places by raffle.

Re: Fiasco Update Again

By Hitchin Callling12/3 18:41Fri Mar 12 18:41:00 2021In response to Re: Fiasco UpdateTop of thread

Views: 288

Proposal rejected. NLS/NLS to be null and voided with no promotions/relegations .Statement says this in interest of integrity.
If so why not no promotions then to EFL then as well ?

1 person likes this 1 person

Re: Fiasco Update Again

By Taz12/3 19:01Fri Mar 12 19:01:31 2021In response to Re: Fiasco Update AgainTop of thread

Views: 277

Because the EFL already has no integrity, no further damage can be done?

Re: National League N&S declared null and void-Steps 3-6 update

By Hitchin Callling25/2 08:09Thu Feb 25 08:09:16 2021In response to National League N&S declared null and voidTop of thread

Views: 666

Leagues 3-6 null and voided yesterday subject to FA ratification. Again seems no promotion or relegations proposed so I assume will be no promotions to NLS or NLN.
Also theres talk could mean issues for Phoenix clubs such as Macca seeking election to feeder leagues.But likely to be spaces as probable lots of existing clubs will resign anyway.

Re: National League N&S declared null and void UPDATE

By Hitchin Callling19/2 08:18Fri Feb 19 08:18:07 2021In response to National League N&S declared null and voidTop of thread

Views: 1125

7 clubs in NL Prem voted to a null and void , 2 votes still not in.
Rumours flying around that unless they get funding via grants, not loans they will refuse to plsy-Dover have in effect already done this.If so possible remaining clubs may try to finish league with some sort of PPG for the games remaining against those clubs or a mini league.
Even if all clubs play on given the bottom 4 will not be relegated plus the mid teams have nothing to play for promotion how come the games they play have any intergrity.

Re: National League N&S declared null and void

By Taz18/2 21:34Thu Feb 18 21:34:27 2021In response to National League N&S declared null and voidTop of thread

Views: 1225

The way things are going over there everyone will have to remain locked up until death is cured, but no one will have anything to live for.

2 people like this 2 people

By Balders (BALDOCKBORO)19/2 09:53Fri Feb 19 09:53:54 2021In response to Re: National League N&S declared null and voidTop of thread

Views: 1075

Edit: Not worth it

Edited by BALDOCKBORO at 09:54:56 on 19th February 2021

By Taz21/2 18:05Sun Feb 21 18:05:19 2021In response to Re: National League N&S declared null and voidTop of thread

Views: 852

Was debating whether or not this is true, and I've decided it's not. It is very much worth a discussion on this subject, in every single forum it can be had because the insanity and disregard for psychological health of the British government (and many others) is literally killing people, and will continue to do so.

An unpopular opinion from 2016:
"The key findings—that social isolation was a predictor of mortality on par with smoking, obesity, elevated blood pressure, and high cholesterol—were therefore particularly robust. And the policy recommendation, that health care providers assess isolation in their regular patient examinations, has clear potential to save, or extend, lives."
/www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4985072/

Between Jan 2019 and Jan 2021 anxiety levels have increased by almost 400%. /www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/issue-brief/the-implications-of-covid-19-for-mental-health-and-substance-use/

Anxiety can lead to a number of physical sicknesses and chronic illnesses, including heart attacks and increased stress can also be a factor in cancer. It also reduces the immune system effectiveness, making people vulnerable to all the sicknesses people normally die from but we've forgotten exist like flu and pneumonia.

And then there's hope. The simple fact that hope is being taken erodes resilience. There are countless studies on this, but the most cause/effect study is a very old one with Dr. Richter and his rat studies. A lack of hope is absolutely devastating, people need a reason to live or they simply don't continue on.

I remember a while back you shared some reports from a guy advising the government, Dr. Reicher, he works with social identity. I remember thinking 'If I was in a position of authority and wanted to create sheeple, I'd do exactly what he's suggesting.' The constant pressure, anxiety, and stress, along with a reassuring government that "we can fix this", carefully worded propaganda to create a 'them and us' turbo-powered curtain-twitching society, all the while giving and taking away hope is essentially how narcissists and abusive spouses behave. It's dangerous, it's abusive, it's killing and will continue to kill people.

The research on isolation and hopelessness is abundant, but it seems that only the science that supports the popular opinion is spouted. For a year I've been saying this. For a year people have ignored me. An increasing number of reports are surfacing, and still people don't listen. In 5 years time when everyone is walking around in a zombie-like state waving a "Freedom-Pass" (could a more oxymoronic name be used?) in the same way lepers used to ring bells, they still won't listen.

I get it, people are dying from COVID, but what kind of post-COVID, joyless, bleak, zombie existence are you working towards?

4 people like this 4 people

By Balders (BALDOCKBORO)22/2 12:11Mon Feb 22 12:11:15 2021In response to Re: National League N&S declared null and voidTop of thread

Views: 716

People are ignoring you because they think you're wrong and are tired of the endless debate, same as Brexit and Trump.

Throwing words like Sheeple into your bias selective narrative doesnt help.

This is a football forum, not a place for socio-politicial debate. Which is why I edited my comment.

I won't waste bandwidth debating it further here. Wrong place.

6 people like this 6 people

By Taz22/2 14:30Mon Feb 22 14:30:08 2021In response to Re: National League N&S declared null and voidTop of thread

Views: 665

I don't care if people think I'm wrong. It's research, and people are dying, people are losing hope, and isolation kills people. It's science, research based, not an opinion. Of course, I realize there are many science-deniers who struggle when facts conflict with their opinion, and yes, the subject is tiresome, but that doesn't mean it's not valuable and needed. Should we sit silent as hundreds/thousands of people die due to isolation and hopelessness? You can. I won't.

To be clear, I didn't call anyone "Sheeple" (and I recognize you didn't claim that, simply clarifiying) I said if I wanted to create sheeple, this is how I'd do it. I stand by it. Read his reports and see if you can find patterns with past government overreach.

It's not about politics - it's about psychology. It's about depression, isolation, hopelessness, and lack of concern for people.

And this is completely related to football. Stopping people from doing things they enjoy, from being outside, and mostly, from socializing with others they identify with is isolation. As people have said on this very forum recently, it's not about the game, it's about the identity and socialization. It's about being part of something.

4 people like this 4 people

By Freemo22/2 16:28Mon Feb 22 16:28:27 2021In response to Re: National League N&S declared null and voidTop of thread

Views: 654

Good news mate, the roadmap the UK government have just announced doesn't have Freedom Passes or beating up your missus in it.

By Taz22/2 22:34Mon Feb 22 22:34:29 2021In response to Re: National League N&S declared null and voidTop of thread

Views: 599

"COVID status certification" - sounds a little like a vaccination pass.

Aside from that, sounds like good news for you all and restores a lot of hope, which is important.

After only a year we've gone from 2 weeks to flatten the curve to 4 weeks to freedom.

I honestly do hope this happens and the plan works. I will admit to being somewhat cynical, and somewhat concerned about what will happen if this doesn't go to plan, or restrictions are put back in place.

By Freemo23/2 09:33Tue Feb 23 09:33:57 2021In response to Re: National League N&S declared null and voidTop of thread

Views: 595

I don't think certificates will happen. Admin isn't our Government's strong point.

By Bragbury10622/2 12:36Mon Feb 22 12:36:45 2021In response to Re: National League N&S declared null and voidTop of thread

Views: 687

well said Baldock Boro to be honest when i read that i did not have a clue what he was on about.

anyway i thought politics was not covered on Borochat keep it to football at least i have some idea (i think).

By Pete (PeteH)22/2 15:09Mon Feb 22 15:09:58 2021In response to Re: National League N&S declared null and voidTop of thread

Views: 649

VOTE WODE.

By Freemo19/2 10:33Fri Feb 19 10:33:10 2021In response to Re: National League N&S declared null and voidTop of thread

Views: 1003

Four words the whole world needs to learn from in 2021.

By Owen B19/2 11:35Fri Feb 19 11:35:17 2021In response to Re: National League N&S declared null and voidTop of thread

Views: 951

Give me some chips?

By Rotterdamboro18/2 21:32Thu Feb 18 21:32:04 2021In response to National League N&S declared null and voidTop of thread

Views: 1132

South leaders Dorking Wanderers threatening legal action. Be wasting their time and money. Some very happy Barnet fans tonight I should imagine

By Hitchin Callling18/2 20:26Thu Feb 18 20:26:21 2021In response to National League N&S declared null and voidTop of thread

Views: 1191

Statement says need to be ratified by FA and discussions re promotion/relegation but clear they will propose no movement in or out of NLS or NLN but will still promotion to EFL. Hope this time they are are told to get lost.Also steps 4-6 meant to restart in March with no promotions, what's the point.

PS Also means Akinwande, Fielding & Fernandez will return.

By Bragbury10618/2 19:47Thu Feb 18 19:47:30 2021In response to National League N&S declared null and voidTop of thread

Views: 1233

looks like the end of many clubs north and south.
this time there will be no money to bail them out.

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)18/2 19:58Thu Feb 18 19:58:00 2021In response to Re: National League N&S declared null and voidTop of thread

Views: 1220

Many league clubs including us won't be far behind.

Previous thread: Where are they now - Furlough edition by Chet Manley8/3 18:53Mon Mar 8 18:53:17 2021view thread