ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Super proud sponsors of Alex Revell IDST

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Any news from the club.... by PeteToday 13:57Today at 13:57:34view thread

Oldest article: Luke Garrard by Rotterdamboro13/12/2020 14:27Sun Dec 13 14:27:40 2020view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: One year ago today by Freemo7/3 13:18Sun Mar 7 13:18:45 2021view thread

EFL iFollow survey

By Bankerbob5/3 19:16Fri Mar 5 19:16:49 2021

Views: 722

Anyone else got one of these by email, tried to go to the site to respond, only to be told the site's busy so go away and come back later? That's exactly what's wrong about iFollow!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: EFL iFollow survey

By Bankerbob5/3 22:32Fri Mar 5 22:32:20 2021In response to EFL iFollow surveyTop of thread

Views: 566

I've now managed to do this. A good survey with the ability to voice genuine opinions. They're obviously genuinely sounding out fans for the future.

By SFC Jonny5/3 21:20Fri Mar 5 21:20:25 2021In response to EFL iFollow surveyTop of thread

Views: 589

Yep done it. looks like the EFL are considering continuing iFollow once supporters are allowed back in. I really hope they do.

By Freemo6/3 09:41Sat Mar 6 09:41:11 2021In response to Re: EFL iFollow surveyTop of thread

Views: 466

It'd be wicked being the only Stevenage fan at Scunthorpe on a Tuesday night. It we're shit I could just be on my phone all game to prove a point.

By grenville (Our Man In Theale)6/3 08:28Sat Mar 6 08:28:28 2021In response to Re: EFL iFollow surveyTop of thread

Views: 482

Football without fans isn't football. Clubs, especially ours, will lose a lot of money if armchair fans stay away. iFollow isn't doing this out of the goodness of their heart, they will be taking money out of the game.

By SFC Jonny6/3 09:54Sat Mar 6 09:54:35 2021In response to Re: EFL iFollow surveyTop of thread

Views: 427

I see what you're saying, but I think for most fans inclined to watch Stevenage, it's not going to make a big difference. We aren't going to suddenly get loads of casual armchair fans who only ever watch on iFollow, downloading a special app and forking out £10 a week, without ever visiting the stadium.

If anything, I think it's going to be used by the sorts of fans who would love to go every week if they could. I'd probably still go to the same number of games a season in person, but watch the others on iFollow, (especially away fixtures). If anything, watching the games every week has got me more engaged than I have been for a few years, and I'm likely to go to more games as a result once things reopen.

Would be interesting to see if/how the pricing changes once grounds reopen.

3 people like this 3 people

By RockyBottom6/3 21:23Sat Mar 6 21:23:25 2021In response to Re: EFL iFollow surveyTop of thread

Views: 284

I think it could have a massive impact on families. Who will pay probably 5x times plus that figure to bring their whole family?

Also think it would have a massive impact on away followings, not just ours, but the number of fans clubs bring to us. Hope I'm wrong, I would hate to see our real life crowds even smaller.

Edited by RockyBottom at 21:26:14 on 6th March 2021

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)7/3 11:35Sun Mar 7 11:35:46 2021In response to Re: EFL iFollow surveyTop of thread

Views: 226

I think attendances across the lower leagues will be dramatically lower once all restrictions have been lifted.

By Balders (BALDOCKBORO)7/3 14:52Sun Mar 7 14:52:55 2021In response to Re: EFL iFollow surveyTop of thread

Views: 208

Agree, there might be an initial bounce but a lot of people will have simply got out of the habit.

It should recover but given we are in a fucking big recession, it'll take a while and some clever marketing.

By Chet Manley (Paulio)7/3 11:38Sun Mar 7 11:38:40 2021In response to Re: EFL iFollow surveyTop of thread

Views: 221

Because by watching it on tv people have realised how shit it is to watch and only go for social reasons?

1 person likes this 1 person

By BasingstokeBoro6/3 10:31Sat Mar 6 10:31:51 2021In response to Re: EFL iFollow surveyTop of thread

Views: 427

Great point.

If anything I would give the club more money if the option. I can't make midweek games so would watch on I follow instead.

Travel time makes away games anything other than south area hard so would watch them as well.

To the 'saturday only' Lamex visitor like me, it makes great sense.

Edited by BasingstokeBoro at 10:32:14 on 6th March 2021

By Owen B6/3 10:56Sat Mar 6 10:56:10 2021In response to Re: EFL iFollow surveyTop of thread

Views: 399

Yep, same. Exactly my situation, go to as many Saturdays as I can barring other commitments, but Tuesdays aren't going to happen with work, etc.

By Owen B5/3 21:31Fri Mar 5 21:31:05 2021In response to Re: EFL iFollow surveyTop of thread

Views: 527

That would be interesting. A lot of people can't make midweek games and don't have the time/money for away games.

By SFC Jonny5/3 22:15Fri Mar 5 22:15:27 2021In response to Re: EFL iFollow surveyTop of thread

Views: 505

I used to go to games all the time a few years ago, but circumstances change, and travelling to/from the Lamex now would be over an hour each way for me. It means you can't do much else with your day.

For fans like me I think iFollow gives you the flexibility to watch the game for 2 hours on a Saturday without planning your entire weekend around it. This year I think I've only missed two or three games, compared to only watching 2 or 3 games for the last couple of seasons.

It's not the same as being in the terraces, and I can't wait to get back to a game, but overall it's a good option for some.

2 people like this 2 people

By AgentEves6/3 02:02Sat Mar 6 02:02:51 2021In response to Re: EFL iFollow surveyTop of thread

Views: 465

I agree, and it means that the club can continue to get some income from fans who can't commit to all/any games in a season. I highly doubt there will be many who will choose to watch iFollow over going to the game based on the quality of the product, so I don't think we'd need to worry about losing revenue from fans who would ordinarily go to the games.

Plus, don't we get revenue from away fans too? There will probably be a good number of iFollowers who wouldn't normally make the trip, especially with teams further away.

Hopefully they'll do a season ticket pass, because that really works out as great value for me. I forget how much my season pass cost, but for 46 games, it worked out substantially cheaper than individual match passes. And given I can't get to the ground (probably about a 30h round trip for me), that's revenue that the club is getting that they wouldn't get without iFollow.

I think the upsides of continuing iFollow far outweigh any potential downsides. And if Burger King continue to promote Stevenage outside of England, through FIFA etc, then we are increasing the access to the club immeasurably.

iFollow needs to sort their shit out still, but it has improved A LOT since when I first started using it. Hopefully they can ramp up the money they get from sponsorship and put that into the quality of the service. On the subject of adverts, I was surprised by the variety. Sure, you still get a lot of Carabao and Screwfix adverts, but you don't feel like you're literally watching the same advert over and over, which is the case for many other sports streaming services.

By Owen B5/3 22:47Fri Mar 5 22:47:08 2021In response to Re: EFL iFollow surveyTop of thread

Views: 487

Yup, spot on. I'd usually go to around 8-12 matches per year,depending on how the fixtures shake out, and don't think that would change. I would probably watch the majority of the ones I'd ordinarily miss if they were on ifollow. As you say, if you go to a game, you're writing off most of the day, which isn't always practical when life gets in the way.

By Balders (BALDOCKBORO)6/3 00:23Sat Mar 6 00:23:10 2021In response to Re: EFL iFollow surveyTop of thread

Views: 474

You have a life now?

I don't even keep up the pretence.

By Owen B6/3 10:57Sat Mar 6 10:57:07 2021In response to Re: EFL iFollow surveyTop of thread

Views: 356

If you count chores as "a life", then sure...

By Nick (Nick.)5/3 21:26Fri Mar 5 21:26:09 2021In response to Re: EFL iFollow surveyTop of thread

Views: 511

Yeah done it too, mainly to complain about some of the camera work! Took about 10 minutes but my questions were all based towards being an overseas viewer so might have been shorter.

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)5/3 20:33Fri Mar 5 20:33:36 2021In response to EFL iFollow surveyTop of thread

Views: 556

Yes. Not doing a 30 min survey though.

By Sev5/3 22:30Fri Mar 5 22:30:43 2021In response to Re: EFL iFollow surveyTop of thread

Views: 485

I didn't get one.

By Balders (BALDOCKBORO)6/3 00:23Sat Mar 6 00:23:33 2021In response to Re: EFL iFollow surveyTop of thread

Views: 469

Nor me

By RockyBottom6/3 21:26Sat Mar 6 21:26:55 2021In response to Re: EFL iFollow surveyTop of thread

Views: 274

I did.

By Specky (Mike H)6/3 11:07Sat Mar 6 11:07:26 2021In response to Re: EFL iFollow surveyTop of thread

Views: 382

Same here.

By SFC Jonny6/3 09:58Sat Mar 6 09:58:47 2021In response to Re: EFL iFollow surveyTop of thread

Views: 412

Have you checked your spam? :-)

By Sev6/3 10:01Sat Mar 6 10:01:47 2021In response to Re: EFL iFollow surveyTop of thread

Views: 421

I checked my junk.

By Chet Manley (Paulio)6/3 12:00Sat Mar 6 12:00:54 2021In response to Re: EFL iFollow surveyTop of thread

Views: 374

I checked your junk

Previous thread: Play-Offs by Phoenix6/3 19:17Sat Mar 6 19:17:52 2021view thread