ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Super proud sponsors of Alex Revell IDST

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Close season off topic fun. by Old_manYesterday 22:51Yesterday at 22:51:06view thread

Oldest article: Boro Fives Table by Sev26/12/2020 17:27Sat Dec 26 17:27:23 2020view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Roles and Hector-Ingram by Chet Manley9/3 18:44Tue Mar 9 18:44:14 2021view thread

Match thread - Leyton Orient (A)

By Owen B9/3 18:02Tue Mar 9 18:02:38 2021

Views: 1173

The team news for tonight's 7pm Sky Bet League Two match away at Leyton Orient can now be revealed...

Alex Revell has named two changes from Saturday's win over Harrogate Town, with Arthur Read and Luke Norris coming in for Luke Prosser and Chris Lines.

Starting XI: Cumming, James-Wildin, Coker, Cuthbert, Osborne, Newton, Vancooten, List, Read, Pett, Norris.

Subs: Johnson, Vincelot, Prosser, Hutton, Aitchison, Stevens, Lines.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A)

By SFCfox9/3 21:06Tue Mar 9 21:06:17 2021In response to Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 674

Not the result we wanted, gutted to not get the three points, we go again Saturday

By Copeysaurus (CDawg)9/3 20:58Tue Mar 9 20:58:22 2021In response to Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 751

No quality at in the final third tonight. Could have had a few goals. List wasted a good chance a Norris (as usual) wasting 2 free headers. Less said about Read’s “pass” at the end the better

Pett comfortably MOTM.

Worst I’ve seen Osbourne play

I don’t understand the notion that Luther is decent going forward. He GETS forward a lot, then passes it off the pitch or to the opposition.

Edit: Well done again to the back 5’s defensive effort. another clean sheet

Edited by CDawg at 20:59:19 on 9th March 2021

2 people like this 2 people

By AgentEves9/3 21:14Tue Mar 9 21:14:17 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 636

Luther is very inconsistent. I have turned the corner on him as a player, to some degree. I think he can be great going forward. There are games where he drives inside well, and games where he gets a lot of decent crosses into the box. Tonight wasn't one of those nights, and was coupled with him making a few mistakes. Given the way he plays, I feel like he is one of the players who would benefit from not playing 90 mins twice per week, and it could be that his below-par performances are down to tiredness. I'm not making excuses - he still has a lot of improving to do - but I think he is definitely capable. I still stand by the fact that I think he'd be far more useful as a right winger than a right back, and right wing back could well he his best position.

I thought Read looked like a player who hasn't played in weeks. I'm not sure why he has sat on the bench and hasn't played a single minute recently, after being one of our better players. I understand why he might not be starting, but you can't sit a player on the bench for the entire game for 4/5 games in a row, then dump him in for 90 mins and expect him to play well.

Playing on the counter attack, and being happy to give up so much possession, required a better final ball. We just didn't have it tonight. I think we severely missed List up front, because his speed gets him into positions where he can cause problems and he often recovers poor final passes. He is also completely ineffectual on the wing.

1 person likes this 1 person

By Bankerbob9/3 23:04Tue Mar 9 23:04:42 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 502

I feel conscious watching the play that when the ball comes towards our right back position, it's frequently TVC who's come over to defend because Luther's strayed upfield, given the ball away and is still hurrying back to cover his man. When he is there, I'm always afraid of that basic error as happened tonight. I'd prefer him as an attacking Midfielder.

By RockyBottom9/3 20:57Tue Mar 9 20:57:27 2021In response to Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 694

Another bloody 0-0.

By Bragbury1069/3 21:49Tue Mar 9 21:49:50 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 528

that was two points lost tonight, Leyton Orient was the worst performance for many a year by a home team.
roll on saturday for three points again.

By AgentEves9/3 20:48Tue Mar 9 20:48:48 2021In response to Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 707

Revs doubling down on the stupid after taking List off by taking Osborne off for a defender. Perfect.

By RockyBottom9/3 20:52Tue Mar 9 20:52:26 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 693

I like that we are trying to play forward on the deck, but the final ball has killed us so many times tonight.

Edited by RockyBottom at 20:52:42 on 9th March 2021

By AgentEves9/3 20:27Tue Mar 9 20:27:00 2021In response to Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 762

Norris off, Hutton on. List up front with Newton, Coker left wing, Hutton left back.

By RockyBottom9/3 20:34Tue Mar 9 20:34:13 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 731

Want us to go for it now, this game is just slipping away.

By AgentEves9/3 20:38Tue Mar 9 20:38:02 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 710

I know, we'll take our top scorer off.

By Sev9/3 20:48Tue Mar 9 20:48:38 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 692

Twitter said he had gone down with a head injury, then the next tweet said he was subbed. I assumed it was related.

I think at some point we will have to rest players, he cant play 90 mins every Saturday and Tuesday and not get burn out eventually. Player management is important.

By Specky (Mike H)9/3 20:55Tue Mar 9 20:55:26 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 664

Plenty of rest time coming, as no more Tuesday games for a month.

By AgentEves9/3 20:51Tue Mar 9 20:51:25 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 681

Yeah, that's totally fine and totally expected. But pushing List out to the left wing, after he has been playing so well as a striker, is because of one reason and one reason only: because Revs wants to shoehorn Norris back into the team.

If List had been dropped, it would still be mental, but maybe justified by the need to rotate/rest players, since we are playing 2 games per week. But that isn't what happened today.

I don't think our solid second half of the season is because Revs has all of a sudden figured it out. He makes decision after decision that shows he doesn't know what he's doing.

By Sev9/3 21:10Tue Mar 9 21:10:35 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 602

Yeah I don't like playing strikers out wide, especially when it's your best one.

I can only assume they thought they needed a different type of forward for today's game plan.

If the plan was to come away with a point, they succeeded.

Edited by Sev at 21:10:51 on 9th March 2021
Edited by Sev at 21:11:03 on 9th March 2021

By AgentEves9/3 21:17Tue Mar 9 21:17:54 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 578

Today was less shit than the games where we sit back and don't try to win the game. It was more like the Port Vale game. We tried to win, and tried a different game plan to the one we have employed in our recent good performances, but I can see why that was what we went for and we just came up a bit short. Two teams lacking in the final third.

I see your point, I just don't see how you can justify moving your top scorer to the wing, irrespective of the game plan. Especially not when you're replacing him with a player who will be lucky to score 3 goals this season. Besides, Newton offers what Norris does. No need to have both of them. If anything, I think having both of them up front together renders both of them less impactful.

By Sev9/3 21:25Tue Mar 9 21:25:06 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 560

I don't disagree. I like to keep a settled team and especially keep partnerships together where possible.

Just trying to think there must be some reasoning behind it, though I can't work out what.

By AgentEves9/3 21:32Tue Mar 9 21:32:18 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 533

Yeah, you'd think there'd have been a reason.

One thing I did wonder was if the intention was to play on the counter, that having List in midfield might give him the opportunity to get on the ball in deeper areas and run with the ball more. But even if that was the case, I'd still rather have him as the finisher than the creator.

I really just can't get past the feeling that Norris is simply Rev's favourite, and that's all there is to it.

By Sev9/3 21:33Tue Mar 9 21:33:56 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 521

Newton used to be his favourite and he played him constantly even when poor. He eventually came good (better). Maybe Norris will one day too haha.

By Owen B9/3 21:36Tue Mar 9 21:36:12 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 518

I wouldn't have been against Norris and List playing up front with Newton coming on as an impact sub. It's the whole sticking List out wide that does my head in.

3 people like this 3 people

By AgentEves9/3 21:37Tue Mar 9 21:37:33 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 521

This is exactly it.

EDIT: Like why doesn't List get the same blind faith, week after week, the same as Newton did and Norris is getting? Especially when he's one of the few players we have who actually deserves it. He did the same thing with Carter too. He scored 3 goals in 3/4 games, if I remember correctly, then got shoved back out on the wing.

I'm obviously speculating, but it's as if Revs has a very particular idea about what a striker should be. And that is a model of himself. A big donkey. List and Carter don't fit that mould, so they don't get to play.

Edited by AgentEves at 21:40:37 on 9th March 2021

By RockyBottom9/3 20:41Tue Mar 9 20:41:17 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 699

Our one threat. This is really disappointing, with their poor form. Just not enjoyable to watch. I had hoped we would play with a bit more freedom, given our position in the table.

By AgentEves9/3 20:47Tue Mar 9 20:47:57 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 668

Revs breaking up the only partnership that has shown any kind of potential all season is proving to be as bizarre as it appeared before kick off. I really just don't understand it.

Him and Norris must be best mates or something. The amount of playing time Norris gets when he is fit just doesn't match the level of his performances. It's painful.

By Pete (PeteH)9/3 21:12Tue Mar 9 21:12:08 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 589

Norris played far far too long tonight.

About 86 minutes too long.

By Specky (Mike H)9/3 21:27Tue Mar 9 21:27:03 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 541

Not sure about the word “played”........he was on the pitch........

By AgentEves9/3 21:33Tue Mar 9 21:33:22 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 531

I actually think, fouling aside, he wasn't as awful as I've seen him. Especially in the first half. I just don't think he's one of our two best strikers. I'd even put Carter ahead of him.

Edited by AgentEves at 21:33:45 on 9th March 2021

By AgentEves9/3 21:20Tue Mar 9 21:20:01 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 545

I'm not looking forward to having to watch his laborious, clumsy shit the rest of the season, while we waste List on the wing.

By Owen B9/3 20:45Tue Mar 9 20:45:45 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 669

Fuuuucccckkkk... Thank god that shot was crap.

By RockyBottom9/3 20:46Tue Mar 9 20:46:42 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 669

Indeed.

By Balders (BALDOCKBORO)9/3 20:40Tue Mar 9 20:40:06 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 680

They wouldn't have been expecting that.

Genius

By Owen B9/3 20:39Tue Mar 9 20:39:58 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 682

Epic bantz when Norris scores the winner off his arse in the 92nd minute.

By Copeysaurus (CDawg)9/3 21:03Tue Mar 9 21:03:08 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 653

Did you predict a loss tonight? I think that’s why we didn’t win.

Also our in form striker was playing on the wing to accommodate for a traffic cone

By Owen B9/3 21:06Tue Mar 9 21:06:02 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 585

Ah, it's someone else's fault for not posting a predictions thread. Always 2-0 to the opposition.

By Bumble9/3 20:46Tue Mar 9 20:46:10 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 665

Repeat
Wildin cannot defend
That was close

By AgentEves9/3 20:18Tue Mar 9 20:18:16 2021In response to Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 734

This List lad looks pretty good when he breaks through the middle. I wonder if he'd be any good up front.

By Nick (Nick.)9/3 19:23Tue Mar 9 19:23:51 2021In response to Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 884

James Brophy squares it to Dan Happy, who offers it across to James Brophy and back to Dan Happy.

Repeat for 90 minutes.

By RockyBottom9/3 19:50Tue Mar 9 19:50:40 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 815

This has the look of another 0-0.

By Owen B9/3 19:54Tue Mar 9 19:54:58 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 798

It's usually an away game I get to after work on a Tuesday and we usually lose. I'd probably take 0-0.

By Freemo9/3 20:01Tue Mar 9 20:01:54 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 778

I'd take the point as I'm not watching it.

By Copeysaurus (CDawg)9/3 20:19Tue Mar 9 20:19:48 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 775

I wouldn’t. We’ve missed 2 sitters.

By Owen B9/3 20:21Tue Mar 9 20:21:05 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 716

Mandatory dumb Newton booking.

By AgentEves9/3 20:20Tue Mar 9 20:20:48 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 714

Which were the two sitters?

By Copeysaurus (CDawg)9/3 20:22Tue Mar 9 20:22:34 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 782

Norris free header from corner, List scuffing rebound 3 yards out

By AgentEves9/3 20:24Tue Mar 9 20:24:43 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 705

I figured you'd be including List's chance. Not sure I'd consider that a sitter. Bounced back off the post at pretty close range. He probably should have tried to shoot instead of trying to control it, but I'd not call that a sitter.

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)9/3 20:23Tue Mar 9 20:23:35 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 722

Get Norris off. Stevens on.

By AgentEves9/3 20:25Tue Mar 9 20:25:37 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 707

All he does is commit fouls. I know Newton is a bit robust in the tackle, but he doesn't give away anywhere near as many fouls as Norris.

By Owen B9/3 19:26Tue Mar 9 19:26:02 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 866

I read that at the same time the commentator said it (again).

By Nick (Nick.)9/3 19:31Tue Mar 9 19:31:01 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 879

I don't think I've ever heard a commentator pronounce every single player name for every touch. He's not terrible, it just stands out a bit.

By RockyBottom9/3 19:49Tue Mar 9 19:49:46 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 813

Think it's playing to the radio commentary more than ifollow live stream.

By Ratman4610/3 13:52Wed Mar 10 13:52:53 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 297

Agree, he had the make it sound exciting radio voice when they got anywhere near our penalty area

By AgentEves9/3 19:09Tue Mar 9 19:09:52 2021In response to Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 887

Good to see us starting out another game trying to play on the front foot. Much better when we don't sit back.

By Specky (Mike H)9/3 19:12Tue Mar 9 19:12:48 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 883

True that.....it’s already a better game than saturdays.

Colchester and Southend both loosing already.

By Copeysaurus (CDawg)9/3 19:09Tue Mar 9 19:09:07 2021In response to Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 894

List LW?

By AgentEves9/3 19:10Tue Mar 9 19:10:36 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

bUt NoRrIs HaS a GrEaT tRaCk ReCoRd.

By AgentEves9/3 19:05Tue Mar 9 19:05:26 2021In response to Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 906

I know we can't expect our players to be perfect, but it's shit like that that makes it very difficult to consider Wildin a good player. It's like he just switches his brain off momentarily.

By Freemo9/3 20:04Tue Mar 9 20:04:45 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 784

If his other attributes and team mates can get him out of jail often enough then he's L2 Kyle Walker, and you have to take that the way the game is played now.

By Bumble9/3 19:52Tue Mar 9 19:52:44 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 820

Totally agree with that statement
But, the lads played better lately

By AgentEves9/3 20:17Tue Mar 9 20:17:36 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 713

Absolutely he has. If he can keep those mistakes to a minimum, then he's an adequate defender who's very useful going forward.

By Bumble9/3 20:22Tue Mar 9 20:22:11 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 709

Has any of our forwards got a Football Brain. We keep getting forward then a stupid bloody foul by either Newton or Norris.
Hence pressure over.
So frustrating and basics

By AgentEves9/3 19:03Tue Mar 9 19:03:24 2021In response to Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

1: Why does everyone think our kit is black when it's very clearly blue?
2: Is anyone else's stream severely poor quality?

By Copeysaurus (CDawg)9/3 19:04Tue Mar 9 19:04:47 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 899

Thought it was dark green!

Yeah frame rate is really poor.

Joe Martin?

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)9/3 18:56Tue Mar 9 18:56:23 2021In response to Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 970

Is he long term injured?

Re: Joe Martin?

By Ratman4610/3 13:54Wed Mar 10 13:54:07 2021In response to Joe Martin?Top of thread

Views: 370

Back Saturday I heard

By Freemo10/3 15:30Wed Mar 10 15:30:34 2021In response to Re: Joe Martin?Top of thread

Views: 358

We haven't lost when he's played this season.

By Balders (BALDOCKBORO)10/3 16:44Wed Mar 10 16:44:55 2021In response to Re: Joe Martin?Top of thread

Views: 307

We had that stat with Ben Nugent for a while...

I didn't want Joe back, never really rated his attitude first time round.

So far, he has forced my opinion back down my throat, looks like a good signing.

By Sev10/3 17:59Wed Mar 10 17:59:26 2021In response to Re: Joe Martin?Top of thread

Views: 306

Wasn't Nugent's we hadn't won without him, rather than hadn't lost with him?

By Freemo10/3 17:02Wed Mar 10 17:02:47 2021In response to Re: Joe Martin?Top of thread

Views: 295

Nuge managed seven consecutive League appearances without loss on two occasions but Joe now has eight (including one minute as a sub, which still counts).

By Themessiah9/3 18:54Tue Mar 9 18:54:14 2021In response to Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 895

Come on boro

By AgentEves9/3 18:45Tue Mar 9 18:45:06 2021In response to Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 905

I hope to god that this is 4-3-3 and not 4-4-2 with List being shoved back on the wing.

If List gets shoved back on the wing in a 4-4-2, to make space for Luke fucking Norris I might actually, finally, lose the plot. We finally get a strike partnership where the players seem to compliment each other, and are both chipping in with goals, and we change it.

Even if it is a 4-3-3, it's still putting both Newton and List in less effective positions, because no doubt the 4-3-3 will actually be 4-5-1 when defending, meaning both of them basically end up playing on the wings.

On a more positive note, happy to see Lines dropped. 2 weeks too late, but at least someone's noticed it.

By Owen B9/3 18:46Tue Mar 9 18:46:16 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 905

You lost the plot ages ago mate!

By AgentEves9/3 18:53Tue Mar 9 18:53:01 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 888

I just don't get the obsession with Norris. And I don't get why every time we get into a bit of a groove, he changes it.

By Owen B9/3 18:56Tue Mar 9 18:56:30 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 882

Not bothered either way about Norris, but I'll throw my laptop out of the window if List starts on the wing.

By AgentEves9/3 19:01Tue Mar 9 19:01:47 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 865

Looks that way if the lineup graphic is to be believed.

By Owen B9/3 19:02Tue Mar 9 19:02:55 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 861

It was a good laptop.. Sigh..

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)9/3 19:04Tue Mar 9 19:04:58 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 867

Did you keep the hard drive?

By Owen B9/3 19:09Tue Mar 9 19:09:01 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 866

Formatted first

By Owen B9/3 18:25Tue Mar 9 18:25:23 2021In response to Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 961

The away section doesn't look very hospitable this evening!

By Bankerbob9/3 18:49Tue Mar 9 18:49:51 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 896

Is it only me that thinks it looks as though the pitch slopes away to the right at a fairly steep angle?

(and I've not poured my match pint yet!)

By Owen B9/3 20:07Tue Mar 9 20:07:45 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 740

There you go Bob, the commentary just mentioned that slope.

Read starts!

By BasingstokeBoro9/3 18:22Tue Mar 9 18:22:13 2021In response to Match thread - Leyton Orient (A) Top of thread

Views: 979

It's a miracle

Re: Read starts!

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)9/3 18:33Tue Mar 9 18:33:53 2021In response to Read starts!Top of thread

Views: 990

The people in the flats will get to watch.

Previous thread: 0-0 Record/defence by NPHBoro10/3 05:05Wed Mar 10 05:05:48 2021view thread