ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Super proud sponsors of Alex Revell IDST

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Close season off topic fun. by Old_manYesterday 22:51Yesterday at 22:51:06view thread

Oldest article: Boro Fives Table by Sev26/12/2020 17:27Sat Dec 26 17:27:23 2020view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: 0-0 Record/defence by NPHBoro10/3 05:05Wed Mar 10 05:05:48 2021view thread

Well done!

By Boromatt9/3 22:12Tue Mar 9 22:12:21 2021

Views: 805

Looking at the table after tonight’s 0-0 all but confirms our place in the EFL for next season. Win Saturday and I think that’s it!

Just a post to discuss this season and how well the team have done, not only to survive, but to climb the table with some impressive results.

A massive well done to the management staff... Let’s be honest coming into this season, we were probably one of the most challenging clubs to manage after last season. Signed a group which could compete in both divisions, but we very clear by October that a lot of the players we had just weren’t good enough. The recruitment in January IMO was superb. Brought players to the club who have tasted success in recently in the division, Chris Lines to be exact, with other top level players such as Joe Martin and shipped the lads out who joined at the start. Wilkins joined and within weeks we were showing progress. Made us hard to beat (which has been a constant theme this season) and the team started to play with an identity. Along with this, showed belief in the players to start winning games.

This season IMO was all about staying up and building the start of a team at the club to hopefully kick on in the next few seasons and see us enjoying some successful football at Boro. I think we’re on track.

Win Saturday, 16 points clear, 45 points on the board, I think we’re there for next season. Something which I’m proud to say, because back in November that’s something we weren’t sure we’d be able to say!

Edited by Boromatt at 22:14:38 on 9th March 2021

reply to this article | return to the front page

8 people like this 8 people

Re: Well done!

By Hitchin Callling10/3 14:03Wed Mar 10 14:03:35 2021In response to Well done! Top of thread

Views: 364

Hope you right re Sat.But lets get over the line first.
This season was always going to be difficult and I will just be happy if we stay up.
Given the problems elsewhere that will suit me as I can see a lot of teams going bust.

2 people like this 2 people

By Pete (PeteH)10/3 08:35Wed Mar 10 08:35:12 2021In response to Well done! Top of thread

Views: 607

because back in November that’s something we weren’t sure we’d be able to say!

I'd question anyone who thought the table was done and dusted in November to be fair.

By Boromatt10/3 09:19Wed Mar 10 09:19:52 2021In response to Re: Well done! Top of thread

Views: 524

You know what I mean though. At the time to even be in the position we’re in now seemed way off.

4 people like this 4 people

By SFCfox10/3 09:28Wed Mar 10 09:28:06 2021In response to Re: Well done! Top of thread

Views: 538

I think a lot of fans were just fed up of terrible results for a second season running but we've weathered the storm and now reeping the rewards.

By Freemo10/3 11:24Wed Mar 10 11:24:19 2021In response to Re: Well done! Top of thread

Views: 484

I'm planning on doing a big post about this at the weekend but November 2019 and November 2020 were uncannily similar.

2 people like this 2 people

Previous thread: Boro Fives Table by Sev9/3 21:23Tue Mar 9 21:23:13 2021view thread