Borochat

Proud sponsors of Alex Revell & Lily Bruno

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Stevenage Women v AFC Wimbledon by BaldersToday 16:02Today at 16:02:45view thread

Oldest article: BoroGuide Match Preview: Leyton Orient (A) by Pete9/3 15:22Tue Mar 9 15:22:00 2021view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Happy Birthday to... by SFC Jonny2/4 20:25Fri Apr 2 20:25:03 2021view thread

Abject to absolute

By Northstandbloke2/4 19:10Fri Apr 2 19:10:12 2021

Views: 980

I like many of you must be scratching your heads as to why our Team has from the league two grave yard has risen to where we are today. I know this kind of performance in footy history is not so rare but unusual enough to raise an eyebrow or two. I think I am right in saying that had we started this campaign say in early December we would be in the play-offs now.

Yet who can point to any rationale that might allow us to understand this wholesale change. I don't want to take you back to the start of the season but the reports were dire. We were rubbish I read, without a clue I saw, destined for the National league as I saw it. But the Angel of the Lord passed over the Lamex some time over-night sometime in January and we are heading now for the promised land and maybe even a team that will blast the League 2 next year

Ok enough of the emotive rhetoric, who of you is going to put forward the reason why we are doing so well. It's now time for all you armchair pundits to tell and probably hundreds of others what's actually happened to us.

Thank you

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person

Re: Abject to absolute

By Mr Happy SFC2/4 20:21Fri Apr 2 20:21:19 2021In response to Abject to absoluteTop of thread

Views: 858

While others will rightly point to the appointment of Wilkins, we also cleared out some players who weren't good enough and got in better quality.

2 people like this 2 people

By Rotterdamboro2/4 19:14Fri Apr 2 19:14:29 2021In response to Abject to absoluteTop of thread

Views: 934

Award Wilkins the Freedom of Stevenage. Hand him the keys to the... well, let him park for free in the New Town for life and be allowed to eat free pie and mash in Stevenage Indoor Market whenever the mood takes him. Let him not wander alone in Chells or Shephall, or wont for company when strolling around Symonds Green

7 people like this 7 people

By Danny-da-Bass (Danny-da -Bass)2/4 22:06Fri Apr 2 22:06:53 2021In response to Re: Abject to absoluteTop of thread

Views: 671

He deserves a parking space at Asda

By The Professor (Mr. Eko)2/4 19:47Fri Apr 2 19:47:24 2021In response to Re: Abject to absoluteTop of thread

Views: 839

Absolutely agree, Wilkins is by far the best and most important appointment we have made in years !
Without him I truly believe we would still be languishing in the bottom two.

By Freemo2/4 20:22Fri Apr 2 20:22:58 2021In response to Re: Abject to absoluteTop of thread

Views: 766

Interesting that we all wanted experience at the level, but Wilkins' is actually all from above our level.

By Taz2/4 19:51Fri Apr 2 19:51:33 2021In response to Re: Abject to absoluteTop of thread

Views: 759

#ClubLegend

Previous thread: Tom Pett by Balders2/4 15:55Fri Apr 2 15:55:35 2021view thread