ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Borochat

Super proud sponsors of Alex Revell IDST

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Welcome back Romain by Mr Happy SFCYesterday 15:35Yesterday at 15:35:22view thread

Oldest article: Scoreboard by Eazy2/1 16:58Sat Jan 2 16:58:56 2021view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Mansfiled Kick Off Changed by Hitchin Callling12/4 13:27Mon Apr 12 13:27:11 2021view thread

Shopping list for next season.

By RockyBottom10/4 16:35Sat Apr 10 16:35:39 2021

Views: 1035

Actual wide midfielders.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Shopping list for next season.

By AgentEves12/4 20:50Mon Apr 12 20:50:05 2021In response to Shopping list for next season. Top of thread

Views: 495

I'd rather we signed new full backs, personally (at least a new RB). I think Coker and James-Wildin would be decent out-and-out wingers. LJW in particular.

By AgentEves12/4 20:52Mon Apr 12 20:52:44 2021In response to Re: Shopping list for next season. Top of thread

Views: 492

GK
RB - TVC - Cuthbert - Martin
LJW - Osborne - Pett - Coker
List - Carter

Pretty good lineup, I think. Just requires a new RB and a new GK. Fernandes could potentially be the new RB, although I haven't seen enough of him, and I've only see him play left back which was a disaster owing to him not having a left foot.

We'd then have Marshall, Newton and whoever else we sign in the summer to rotate with the starters and push for a starting spot.

By RockyBottom12/4 22:36Mon Apr 12 22:36:46 2021In response to Re: Shopping list for next season. Top of thread

Views: 432

Yes, I quite like the look of that side. I like Osborne, but I'm not sure his all round game is good enough. Hard to say when he has been shoved out wide. He's certainly good enough to keep and have in the squad but would consider other options.

I would like to think we would use the last few games to look at some players we are unsure of, such as Fernandes, but I bet we don't have the bollocks to do it.

Edited by RockyBottom at 22:37:58 on 12th April 2021

By SFCfox13/4 06:10Tue Apr 13 06:10:31 2021In response to Re: Shopping list for next season. Top of thread

Views: 392

Why would we when we have an outside chance of making the play-offs?

By AgentEves13/4 08:02Tue Apr 13 08:02:28 2021In response to Re: Shopping list for next season. Top of thread

Views: 375

Drawing with Bradford and losing to Salford has all about ended that pipe dream, I think.

By AgentEves12/4 23:42Mon Apr 12 23:42:20 2021In response to Re: Shopping list for next season. Top of thread

Views: 397

I agree. That would be a good idea. Give all the fringe players a chance to prove themselves with no pressure. Lets see what Johnson, Marshall, Fernandes, Smith, Akinwande, Smyth and whoever else is wandering the corridors at the training ground can do with a reasonable run of games. Smyth can't possibly be any worse than some of the shit we have had up front this season. Stick Fernandes in at right back and see how he gets on (assuming they don't think he's good enough for CB). Maybe give Marshall a run as a DM for a game or two. We're not making the playoffs and not getting relegated, so why not.

1 person likes this 1 person

By Balders (BALDOCKBORO)10/4 19:33Sat Apr 10 19:33:24 2021In response to Shopping list for next season. Top of thread

Views: 881

Why? So we can use them as emergency fullbacks or emergency strikers?

Previous thread: Forest Green sack Mark Cooper by worrier11/4 18:45Sun Apr 11 18:45:46 2021view thread