Borochat

Proud sponsors of Alex Revell & Lily Bruno

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Borochat Sponsorship by PaulioToday 14:50Today at 14:50:36view thread

Oldest article: Match thread - Cambridge (A) by Owen B24/4 15:02Sat Apr 24 15:02:23 2021view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Ross Marshall by Hitchin Callling6/5 16:17Thu May 6 16:17:12 2021view thread

Season ticket refunds

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)6/5 11:42Thu May 6 11:42:07 2021

Views: 1344

They are not taking into account multiple season tickets in same household when taking off the £10 ifollow games. Only giving a small credit for next season. No cash refunds.

Basically they've had £260 off me for nothing.

Edited by Original Mr Wasp at 11:52:17 on 6th May 2021

reply to this article | return to the front page

4 people like this 4 people

Re: Season ticket refunds

By Junction 77/5 21:08Fri May 7 21:08:48 2021In response to Season ticket refunds Top of thread

Views: 644

We paid £800 for two ST’s watched ONE 0-0 game live

Didn’t bother watching most of the games on a laptop it’s not what I signed up for

Waived the last 5 games from last season at £100 Per person

I don’t want a shirt with that hideous moose on it and I don’t want to pump more money into this club and get feck all in return yet again

After 40 plus years I’m finally out out

Edited by Junction 7 at 21:19:53 on 7th May 2021

1 person likes this 1 person

By Balders (BALDOCKBORO)7/5 22:28Fri May 7 22:28:54 2021In response to Re: Season ticket refunds Top of thread

Views: 603

See you in August as usual then Boycie.

2 people like this 2 people

By Junction 78/5 11:08Sat May 8 11:08:33 2021In response to Re: Season ticket refunds Top of thread

Views: 648

No mate we are honestly done now

By Chet Manley (Paulio)8/5 11:09Sat May 8 11:09:52 2021In response to Re: Season ticket refunds Top of thread

Views: 536

It’s more fun watching from the internet these days anyway.

When I say watching, I don’t actually mean the games.

By Sev7/5 22:56Fri May 7 22:56:14 2021In response to Re: Season ticket refunds Top of thread

Views: 607

Depends if Leeds are playing on tv.

By Junction 78/5 11:15Sat May 8 11:15:03 2021In response to Re: Season ticket refunds Top of thread

Views: 542

TV ? Lmao only reason I’ve watched football on tv this season is because nobody can go to games at least I got refunded on my Leeds membership this season

Haven’t watched many Boro games can’t stand watching on a lap top and tbh the reason I go Boro it’s not really the fantastic football Stevenage play that makes me go week in and week out it’s habit and all the friends and the day out ..

There comes a time when you finally realise the club you’ve followed from a boy isn’t the little friendly look after the fans club anymore just grab their fecking money at all cost !!

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)8/5 16:22Sat May 8 16:22:41 2021In response to Re: Season ticket refunds Top of thread

Views: 516

Boycie. listening to the CEO on the wireless. He seems to think he's doing us all a massive favour offering to put our name on a third kit shirt.

3 people like this 3 people

By SFCfox8/5 14:16Sat May 8 14:16:26 2021In response to Re: Season ticket refunds Top of thread

Views: 581

Football is a business and we're a football league club, not the ye olde side that played over a park.

It's shit but we all knew the risks.

By BasingstokeBoro8/5 16:06Sat May 8 16:06:01 2021In response to Re: Season ticket refunds Top of thread

Views: 482

How much money does the club make out of ST sales? If they did refund everyone as people want, would or be financially viable or would it totally screw the club?

By Chuds8/5 20:05Sat May 8 20:05:40 2021In response to Re: Season ticket refunds Top of thread

Views: 460

Around 1000 sold this year wasn't it? So after the credits we are talking around £230k.

We get around £1.5mil a year from the FL.

Edit: It would be a big hole to fill, and would weaken the squad for next season as a result. Am I happy that I had no choice in paying £10 every home game for iFollow? Not at all, I hated it. Am I happy about the fact we paid twice for it as two ST in the same house? No, even less so. But this was apparent early on in the season so I am not sure why people are so surprised by this. If it was going to be full refunds it would have been announced straightaway, they weren't going to give away 22,000 iFollow passes for free!

Edit 2: 22,000, not 23,000, we saw the 0-0 with Southend.

Edited by Chuds at 20:09:08 on 8th May 2021
Edited by Chuds at 20:11:10 on 8th May 2021

By Junction 78/5 16:15Sat May 8 16:15:03 2021In response to Re: Season ticket refunds Top of thread

Views: 624

You pay a lot of money to watch local live football not on a laptop ..

If the club can’t let fans in ( no fault of there’s) then they should defer the season tickets to following season ... I didn’t pay to watch them on a fecking laptop I paid to watch with my friends etc in the ground

By BasingstokeBoro8/5 16:16Sat May 8 16:16:33 2021In response to Re: Season ticket refunds Top of thread

Views: 648

I'm not arguing that, please don't think otherwise.

My question is simply, can the club afford to refund everyone? I assume ST money was spent on players we a desperately asked for.

What financial situation would the club be in if they had to refund everyone?

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)8/5 14:49Sat May 8 14:49:30 2021In response to Re: Season ticket refunds Top of thread

Views: 529

If football is just a business why the big fuss over the ESL from the big teams?

Buying a season ticket isn't a risk.

By grenville (Our Man In Theale)6/5 16:06Thu May 6 16:06:09 2021In response to Season ticket refunds Top of thread

Views: 953

There are always differing views where money is concerned.

Two people in one household want to watch the game for £5 per person (only using one iFollow pass) whereas a person on their own has to pay £10. Is that fair?

Look on the positive side that, unless you are a junior, everyone will get something back. If we were allowed to attend games we would have all spent far more on own own version of hospitality and you have still had the opportunity to watch every match, albeit streamed to your home.

Think of all the poor souls from the East Terrace who have had to sit to watch the games.

Cue the 'keyboard warriors'.

Edited by Our Man In Theale at 16:16:08 on 6th May 2021

By Junction 77/5 20:47Fri May 7 20:47:14 2021In response to Re: Season ticket refunds Top of thread

Views: 616

Two people in one household want to watch the game for £5 per person (only using one iFollow pass) whereas a person on their own has to pay £10. Is that fair?

Really? So what about two people in one household that pays £800 for two season tickets and only watches ONE game of live football!! Is that fair?

By Tucks6/5 22:12Thu May 6 22:12:21 2021In response to Re: Season ticket refunds Top of thread

Views: 771

The second anyone uses the term “keyboard warriors,” their entire argument is invalid.

By Sev6/5 22:13Thu May 6 22:13:16 2021In response to Re: Season ticket refunds Top of thread

Views: 760

You've invalidated your own argument there!

By Tucks6/5 22:14Thu May 6 22:14:51 2021In response to Re: Season ticket refunds Top of thread

Views: 790

Keyboard warrior.

By Ogs (Geoff Wode)6/5 13:42Thu May 6 13:42:42 2021In response to Season ticket refunds Top of thread

Views: 996

Maybe complain to the Royston Crow.

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)6/5 13:51Thu May 6 13:51:37 2021In response to Re: Season ticket refunds Top of thread

Views: 1009

It's part of Cambridge newspapers now.

By Hitchin Callling6/5 12:39Thu May 6 12:39:02 2021In response to Season ticket refunds Top of thread

Views: 1196

Not read anything on this from club yet but if people like you just email (Dan or whoever) saying none of us will renew they surely will get message.
Also re no cash refunds they may be on a sticky wicket as not sure how legally they do this. Did a lot of travel companies try the same initially and just offered vouchers which is in effect

By Sev6/5 12:45Thu May 6 12:45:31 2021In response to Re: Season ticket refunds Top of thread

Views: 1099

The email says STs were sold as non-refundable so not sure if that means they don't have to.

By Hitchin Callling6/5 12:50Thu May 6 12:50:19 2021In response to Re: Season ticket refunds Top of thread

Views: 1169

You could be right but morally surely any reasonable organisation would do this.

By Bankerbob6/5 12:41Thu May 6 12:41:04 2021In response to Re: Season ticket refunds Top of thread

Views: 1154

Didn't someone say recently that Dan wasn't with the club any more?

By Sev6/5 12:44Thu May 6 12:44:42 2021In response to Re: Season ticket refunds Top of thread

Views: 1076

Dan now does Cambridge's media.

Alfie Dinsey is Boro's now.

By Hitchin Callling6/5 12:39Thu May 6 12:39:59 2021In response to Re: Season ticket refunds Top of thread

Views: 1056

Bit missed off- In effect the same as offering no cash refund.

By Sev6/5 12:10Thu May 6 12:10:27 2021In response to Season ticket refunds Top of thread

Views: 1159

My refund on an East Terrace adult ST is £66.

I can either use this to offset against a 2021/22 season ticket or give it back to the club.

If I give it back to the club they will in return gift me a third shirt with STH names designed into it and 2 VIP matchday tickets.

Prices for Season tickets are frozen next season.

Just wondering

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)6/5 17:13Thu May 6 17:13:39 2021In response to Re: Season ticket refunds Top of thread

Views: 932

I qualify for the VIP game. Do I have to buy a season ticket as well or can I just go to one match using the VIP credit?

By Old_man6/5 13:58Thu May 6 13:58:02 2021In response to Re: Season ticket refunds Top of thread

Views: 954

What is the VIP matchday hospitality package?

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))7/5 11:31Fri May 7 11:31:24 2021In response to Re: Season ticket refunds Top of thread

Views: 736

Leon Knight will paint his nails and shave the lower part of his arm

By Sev6/5 15:12Thu May 6 15:12:44 2021In response to Re: Season ticket refunds Top of thread

Views: 1008

Not entirely sure but probably just a pre match meal in the lounge and tickets to the match.

By Balders (BALDOCKBORO)6/5 13:10Thu May 6 13:10:14 2021In response to Re: Season ticket refunds Top of thread

Views: 1046

If I gift it do I have to buy a ST to qualify for the shirt/Hospitality offer?

I assume not.

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)6/5 12:58Thu May 6 12:58:19 2021In response to Re: Season ticket refunds Top of thread

Views: 1095

My beef is they've taken £10 per ifollow game off every season ticket in my household. That's just wrong.

By Balders (BALDOCKBORO)6/5 13:19Thu May 6 13:19:51 2021In response to Re: Season ticket refunds Top of thread

Views: 1100

Why?

We had two full price season tickets in our household, we bought them expecting a curtailed season and experience.

Neither of us expected much, if anything, back if attendance was stopped as it was.

It was never the club's fault.

It was always a gamble with clear T&Cs bought in hope, but not expectation, of being two of the lucky 1000 or so allowed to attend some games.

We all know Phil has always been tight/careful with his/the club's money.

He knows you'll be back every Saturday, you might moan a bit, but you'll be there, either as a ST holder or a cash on the gate fan.

Were you really expecting more?

5 people like this 5 people

By Bankerbob6/5 19:58Thu May 6 19:58:41 2021In response to Re: Season ticket refunds Top of thread

Views: 791

My only gripe is having to sit in the same non-usual seats for the whole of next season, only returning to my preferred seat in 2022/23.

By Balders (BALDOCKBORO)6/5 20:13Thu May 6 20:13:23 2021In response to Re: Season ticket refunds Top of thread

Views: 861

There must be a way to move existing ST holders back to their usual slot as soon as full capacity opens up?

For a small admin fee obv.

By Freemo6/5 17:24Thu May 6 17:24:49 2021In response to Re: Season ticket refunds Top of thread

Views: 838

The club hierarchy has served up a diet of pure liquid shit for two years because they couldn't give a fuck before they got lucky for four months, so it would be very optimistic to assume they would do anything else to please the fans.

Edited by Freemo at 17:25:22 on 6th May 2021

By Sev6/5 13:00Thu May 6 13:00:50 2021In response to Re: Season ticket refunds Top of thread

Views: 1157

Yeah, I was just giving some more info to the non ST holders who might be interested in the plans.

A lot of multiple season ticket households will be pissed off. Is the financial gain by the club worth the ill feeling towards them as a result. Guess they think it is.

By Richie Rich C6/5 13:10Thu May 6 13:10:42 2021In response to Re: Season ticket refunds Top of thread

Views: 1117

"Sometimes, a consumer will already have received some of the services they have paid for in advance. In those cases, the CMA considers that the consumer would normally be entitled to at least a refund for the services that are not provided."
Although a simplified take on the relevant legislation, the CMA's view appears to be that as far as it is concerned, football fans have a right to a pro rata refund for the matches they have been prevented from attending. It would therefore be a bold stance for a club to completely ignore the signals coming from the CMA.
Indeed, while the guidance makes clear that it simply sets out the CMA’s views on the law and that "only the courts can decide what the law is", it has already begun to take enforcement action based on its interpretation. In June, the CMA secured undertakings from a major holiday lets company to refund customers based on the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.
The authority is also not afraid to wade into the realm of sports. Its predecessor, the Office of Fair Trading, previously compelled Manchester United to change its season ticket terms and conditions after finding them to be in breach of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 (since replaced by the Consumer Rights Act 2015).

By Richie Rich C6/5 13:13Thu May 6 13:13:32 2021In response to Re: Season ticket refunds Top of thread

Views: 1063

What options are available to clubs?
At a time when some clubs may be struggling with their own cash flow issues, the CMA's stance on credits and vouchers will be welcome. Such options are legitimate alternatives to refunds (i.e. permitting clubs to offer credits to be redeemed against future ticket purchases). However, the key thing is that season ticket holders should not be misled or pressured into accepting these alternatives and, crucially, a refund should still be an option that is just as clearly and easily available.
The picture is murkier where clubs offer fans the option to stream the rest of the team's matches online. The CMA has not considered this point explicitly, but you can certainly imagine them arguing that this should at least be accompanied with a refund for the difference of cost between the pro rata value of the season ticket and streaming passes offered by clubs more generally.
What next?
The key thing for clubs to bear in mind is that season ticket holders have the same rights as everyone else under consumer protection law, and these rights should be respected. However, provided that they have their rights properly and fairly explained to them, they may be willing to accept vouchers or forgo their rights completely. Of course, not all season ticket holders will be in a position to do so, but for those that can 'support' their teams at this time may be more likely to do so when they feel that they have been treated fairly.

This was a statement I found online in 2020 but gives a fair view of the legal base

Previous thread: Why sell season tickets from June 1 if they haven’t decided on seating? by borochris8/5 16:24Sat May 8 16:24:11 2021view thread