Borochat

Proud sponsors of Alex Revell & Lily Bruno

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: How many more games do you give Revs? by LopoYesterday 15:34Yesterday at 15:34:16view thread

Oldest article: Match thread - Harrogate (H) by Owen B6/3 14:49Sat Mar 6 14:49:17 2021view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Season Tickets by Old_man2/8 06:13Mon Aug 2 06:13:19 2021view thread

Season Expectations

By Boromatt1/8 10:11Sun Aug 1 10:11:16 2021

Views: 888

Here we go, only 6 days till the big day!

What’s everybody’s expectations?

- How you’ll think we do
- Starting team
- Player your most looking forward to seeing
- Predicted position

How we’ll do:
For me personally I think we’ll do really well this season! So hard to predict before the season has kicked off, but going on the players recruited and a positive pre season, I think we’ve got every chance to be somewhere up the top. I think the key for me is, we have a better team this season, playing the same style of football, with that in mind and League Two being quite a competitive division this year, I think it’s a bit of a no brainer. Plenty of leaders in the team, plenty of expectancy to do well and the right people on the touch line all adds to the strong set up we have. Very excited to see it unfold.

Starting Team:
I like the 4-2-2-2 style that Revs wants to play. It gives our top 2 a bit more support with two number 10’s behind and hopefully they’ll help out with goals too. 2 ball players sitting in front of our back 4, I like the lot! My team would be (also bearing in mind recent injuries):

Anang
Luther - TVC - Scotty - Coker
Taylor - Lines
Osbourne ——— Carter
List - Reid

I think the back 4 is a given and I’m fully confident we can achieve the same sort of form back there throughout the season. Taylor and Lines together in the middle was an easy decision. Both superb ball players and can distribute, I even think Taylor will pop up with a few goals. I think Osbourne deserves a start as one of the number 10’s, his impressed me over pre season with his performances. I would play Read in the other number 10, but out injured. So I’d put Charlie in there. Listy and Reid to lead up top. I really like Reid, I think he’ll keep Norris out the team for a bit. A natural goalscorer and I think he’ll be a surprise package this season.

Player most looking forward to see:
I’m most looking forward to seeing Jake Taylor! Quality player and has so much experience in this league. He’s a leader and a winner, I think he’ll get better as the season goes on too! To me he comes across as someone who can pop with a goal now and again, not sure on how many goals he scored at Exeter, but I can’t wait to see him play for us in the league.

Predicted position:
I’m terrible at predictions, but I really like this Boro team. I don’t think there’s one thing that we’re missing. We’ve formed a style of play over the past 6 months and were now coming into this season with a better squad, keeping the same backline which finished with the 3rd best defence. If the output in front of goal is good, I fully believe we can make the play offs. I’m going 7th!

Can’t wait for the big day, see you all there! Up the Boro!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Season Expectations

By Newbie_Boro (Yorkshire_Boro)1/8 23:13Sun Aug 1 23:13:25 2021In response to Season ExpectationsTop of thread

Views: 412

A play off push would be fantastic, even of we don't make it, just the possibility of it going into the final few games

By Bragbury1061/8 19:42Sun Aug 1 19:42:32 2021In response to Season ExpectationsTop of thread

Views: 485

so far think our back 4 look good, the midfield are very strong with plenty of options,
and what i have seen read and list they look like they will form a good attacking pair.
as for our goalie west ham must think he is decent, he will just gain confidence the more the season goes on.

p.s i backed Jamie Reid at 50/1 win and each-way at bet 365 to-day. each-way pays out on first 4 players.

got a tough start with Bristol,Bradford, and Walsall our first three away games not easy.

By Copeysaurus (CDawg)1/8 13:03Sun Aug 1 13:03:02 2021In response to Season ExpectationsTop of thread

Views: 667

10th

By SFC Jonny1/8 12:47Sun Aug 1 12:47:56 2021In response to Season ExpectationsTop of thread

Views: 667

- How you’ll think we do

I think starting well is key. If we make a strong start and get some momentum, then I can see us doing very well. Either way, I think top half is the expectation, and I'd like to see us challenging for the playoffs.

- Starting team

Same as Matt's

- Player your most looking forward to seeing

The new keeper. It's a crucial position.

- Predicted position

9th. We'll do okay, but I'm not getting carried away.

By Paulio1/8 12:14Sun Aug 1 12:14:00 2021In response to Season ExpectationsTop of thread

Views: 674

I think we’ll finish 8th. I think we’ll start well and spend most of the season somewhere between 4th and 9th but injuries will knacker us later on.

Luther POTS

By Owen B1/8 11:46Sun Aug 1 11:46:34 2021In response to Season ExpectationsTop of thread

Views: 700

That's not very optimistic, I'm disappointed you're so downbeat on the upcoming season. I have us finishing 5th in the SA predictions comp*.

*I did pathetically badly with my predictions last season.

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)1/8 11:21Sun Aug 1 11:21:53 2021In response to Season ExpectationsTop of thread

Views: 723

I think we will finish 5th.
Elliot List to be player of the year.

2 people like this 2 people

By Bankerbob1/8 12:18Sun Aug 1 12:18:16 2021In response to Re: Season ExpectationsTop of thread

Views: 691

I'm no good at these prediction things, but one thing I will predict is - - - - - - - SCENES!

By Desmond Hume1/8 16:09Sun Aug 1 16:09:31 2021In response to Re: Season ExpectationsTop of thread

Views: 573

I think we’ll sneak automatic promotion,
We had play off form over the second half of last season and in my view have strengthened the team, especially in midfield also Reid looks a good signing up front if he can bag 15-20 goals we’ll be right up there.
GK remains a concern though can Anang be as good as Cumming ? Let’s hope so..
can’t wait for Saturday COYB

Previous thread: Danny Newton - My Greatest Moment In Sport (Co-written by myself and Newton) by Ross_TFS30/7 17:42Fri Jul 30 17:42:15 2021view thread