Borochat

Proud sponsors of Alex Revell & Lily Bruno

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Match Thread v Cobblers. by jayessToday 22:38Today at 22:38:43view thread

Oldest article: Match thread - Oldham (A) by Owen B2/4 14:18Fri Apr 2 14:18:56 2021view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Gitts Benefit Match by Hitchin Callling12/9 11:55Sun Sep 12 11:55:37 2021view thread

Match thread V Walsall.

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)28/8 15:04Sat Aug 28 15:04:31 2021

Views: 1415

Labade is back.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Match thread V Walsall.

By Chuds28/8 18:46Sat Aug 28 18:46:11 2021In response to Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 988

Opening 25 minutes we were atrocious. Miles off the pace, second to everything, really sloppy & clueless in possession, gifted them an awful goal. Incredibly poor and so frustrating. The pressure was on them & they were desperate for a win so we should have gone at them from the off, instead we took 25 mins to get going & gifted them a soft goal so their whole gameplan could change and they could just keep us at arm's length.

The final 20 of the first half we were more in the game, looked more comfortable and were much improved in possession, but didn't look remotely threatening. Coker had a shocker first half, Read and Smith were totally anonymous and didn't look at all fit. Luther was brilliant, covering right and left back all half, and was our standout player by a mile. At HT I wanted Lines and Andrade on to get more control in the middle and to add some threat. The first part of that happened.

And we were SO much better when Lines came on and Reeves pushed further forward. We actually had control in midfield, a link with the strikers, and it encouraged us to pass it around instead of lumping it forward. We controlled the game and had them on the back foot for most of the second half. Every time there was an injury half their team was bent over gasping for air, totally gassed. Yet we didn't do anything with it. Our final ball was shocking, not once did we pick out our own player, despite getting into some really good positions down the flanks. Coker especially to blame. Credit to him for getting down the wing and into position offensively, but his final balls and cut backs were horrendous and wasted very promising openings, quite a few times. Andrade had a couple of nice moves after coming on, one in particular where he cut in from our right flank and curled it just wide of the post with his left from the edge of the area.

They are not a remotely decent side & that is without doubt three points dropped today. That said, we definitely have some real quality, particularly Lines (who is just class) and Reeves. And the improvement in Luther the past two years is quite something, he was again brilliant. But we need a couple more additions if we are to challenge for promotion.

Edited by Chuds at 18:48:01 on 28th August 2021

4 people like this 4 people

By Boromatt30/8 11:33Mon Aug 30 11:33:15 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 395

Agreed Chuds!

My overall take on it was this:

To me it seems like we’re missing some key players. Scotty is missed massively at the back. His leadership and standards are missed, Prosser IMO hasn’t been great the last 3 games and has struggled against a big target man. With Scotty playing and certainly with Listy playing we would’ve got a result on Saturday. Even after that poor first half and the players we’ve got missing, I was happy with the response in the second half, nearly nicking a point. But overall I’m not worried at all, with some of our key players back we’ll be absolutely fine. The only criticism for me is especially away from home we need to make ourselves harder to beat. Last season at the back end we were so good at being hard to beat away from home, making it through 70 mins of being comfortable, nicking a goal and winning the game comfortably. I do think we need to reinstall that style of play when we’re away this season. Bradford and Walsall away we’ve looked a little too easy to play against.

Going forward, I hope Revs is able to sign a couple of players before the window shuts just to bolster the squad. I think we’re going to find out how good we are in September as we’ve got some tough games, but as long as people stay fit and we play the right team we’ll be absolutely fine. 7 points from 15 is decent and we’re still unbeaten in 90 mins at home, a platform to build from.

By Freemo30/8 13:28Mon Aug 30 13:28:28 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 427

Last year Prosser was pretty good when he had to come in and paired with Cuthbert, it does seem Cuthbert is the brains of the operation.

Last year we did well when we went back to basics after trying to play a unique style without the players for it. This season we've got better players and gone back to the well on trying to develop our own style - I'm not sure the results will end up differing.

2 people like this 2 people

By Jonnym828/8 19:33Sat Aug 28 19:33:21 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 878

Good post. Pretty much on point with all of that.

By Pete (PeteH)28/8 19:07Sat Aug 28 19:07:08 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 849

Reading from afar, it seems as if we need someone other than Prosser to cover at centre back? At fault today and on Tuesday?

By Chuds28/8 20:40Sat Aug 28 20:40:19 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 786

I would lay the most blame at Coker's door for today's goal, but we have undeniably missed Cuthbert the past few games and Prosser has looked suspect. We discussed it on the way up today actually and all said we would not have Prosser as starting CB, and would be playing Marshall with TvC.

By AgentEves29/8 06:13Sun Aug 29 06:13:54 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 661

Has Borochat decided we are allowed to criticise Prosser now? Last I remember we couldn't slag him off because we shouldn't expect too much from a League Two defender.

By Bumble28/8 21:25Sat Aug 28 21:25:53 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 750

Undoubtedly a sluggish start.
Yes a poor goal, but to blame Pross in some of the Posts for losing that game is laughable.
And Scotty would have made the difference is rubbish imo.
After the goal they hardly had a shot or created anything.
We lack massively in the final 3rd.
The lack of pace is obvious and List missing hurt us today.
Disappointed and we thought a Point was deserved.
We had loads of possession but go nowhere generally.
In years gone past, teams that play nice football don't tend to get promoted.
Percentage football ie long ball to a big 9 and playing of second ball has generally taken teams up.
Crewe from memory was the last footballing team to get promoted.
Still upbeat and we think playoffs is still possible.
Swindon at home will be a big game.
For the Scooty fans no doubt Revs will play his Captain.

By RockyBottom28/8 19:40Sat Aug 28 19:40:52 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 841

Certainly cost us a fair few points during his time here.

By Hitchin Callling28/8 19:06Sat Aug 28 19:06:51 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 873

Pre Revs post match poss 2 incomiing.Tues I think deadline day.If so assume some of youngsters will go out on loan.

By Copeysaurus (CDawg)28/8 16:59Sat Aug 28 16:59:22 2021In response to Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 1150

Shhh. Don’t tell anyone. But our manager isn’t the best….

5 people like this 5 people

By AgentEves11/9 20:52Sat Sep 11 20:52:20 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 143

Funny how you got slated for this only 2 weeks ago...

By Balders (BALDOCKBORO)11/9 21:06Sat Sep 11 21:06:46 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 154

Football fans in being fickle shock.

By AgentEves11/9 21:20Sat Sep 11 21:20:36 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 134

But also not admitting when someone called it correctly weeks ago...

By MSFC (MSFC)28/8 17:41Sat Aug 28 17:41:17 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 963

Silly reaction to a poor result and performance. I assume you want him sacked after that comment.

1 person likes this 1 person

By Copeysaurus (CDawg)28/8 22:01Sat Aug 28 22:01:11 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 717

Sacked? Na. He’s young and could improve. Just don’t rate him as highly as others and think he escapes a lot of criticism because he’s a good bloke and says all the right things

His in game management is concerning.

By AgentEves29/8 06:17Sun Aug 29 06:17:40 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 588

Correct.

By Deano (deanos13)28/8 22:11Sat Aug 28 22:11:50 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 750

What parts are concerning?

I usually call the subs. We changed system when Bruno came on and went down the middle and left Luther alone right hand side. We are very structured in the 4222. Yes I prefer Reeves in the number 10 leaving Lines and Taylor in mid. But I do believe our best 11 is good. We're missing Osbourne, Cuthbert, and List today. Plus Carter. Jack and Arthur need to get fit on the training ground not in the first team.

I'd like to see Marshall play more but he's right footed so you need to have Prosser as your first choice CB backup unless TvC is out.
Coker, seems to be a few people's concern. So we might see someone else there Tuesday. We have Barry to come and obviously Rev likes MTW but will he try him out in L2?
Daly looks lively. I'd start him soon. Reid disappointed me a bit today. He wasn't bullied out. He was held at arms length. Didn't get close enough to be bullied.
But there we are. My humble thoughts. We aren't a million miles off. I said we were powder puff in attack last week to the boss and I don't think I was wrong.

By AgentEves29/8 06:27Sun Aug 29 06:27:46 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 646

"What parts are concerning?"

Almost all of his in-game management. He leaves making subs way too late and he rarely makes a change that isn't a like-for-like sub (not never, but rarely). I have zero faith in his ability to positively affect the game. How many times have we switched from this 4-2-2-2 formation this season? Once, against Wycombe? And we got the go-ahead goal we needed. And then we went 5-at-the-back and conceded?!

"I'd like to see Marshall play more but he's right footed so you need to have Prosser as your first choice CB backup unless TvC is out."

I'm sorry to be blunt, but this is total fucking garbage. Is a left footed centre back playing on the left side preferable? Yeah. But can you only play left footed centre backs on the left side? Absolutely not. Maguire isn't left footed. John Terry isn't left footed. Both superb left-sided centre backs. Cuthbert isn't even left footed!

"We aren't a million miles off."

This I agree with. We have a lot of the right components, but this formation isn't getting the best out of our players. The suggestion from Sev of playing 3-5-2 was spot on, otherwise we should just stick with 4-4-2. It worked well in the 2nd half of last season, so I'm not sure why we needed to change it.

By Cruffers29/8 08:47Sun Aug 29 08:47:34 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 589

Is making a sub at half time too late then?

By AgentEves29/8 17:54Sun Aug 29 17:54:53 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 441

One swallow does not a summer make.

By Copeysaurus (CDawg)28/8 22:19Sat Aug 28 22:19:20 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 700

Honestly I can’t be bothered to find any stats to back this up….

But I feel like we don’t overturn a deficit very often. Can’t think of many occasions at all where we go down in the league and come back to win. Also We are seem to concede a lot in minute 85+ And when we do manage to hold on it is usually pretty stressful. It’s always us sitting back and praying the oppo don’t find a way through rather than us keeping possession or bagging another goal ourselves. These all indicate poor in game management.

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong though

By S4 Boro28/8 21:19Sat Aug 28 21:19:04 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 723

I believe a certain amount of fans feel that things won’t improve under Alex Revell as manager and probably feel frustrated that he still in charge and clearly feel that someone else should be appointed as manager who can bring better things onto the pitch.

I’m not worried at all this season I believe and feel we have the right amount of quality in the team to be top half/mid table side this season, all that’s needed is a few additions before the transfer window is shut and perhaps the manager needs to start thinking about a change of formation.

As already said it’s early days yet and look where we currently are compare to the start we had last season.

By Hitchin Callling28/8 17:08Sat Aug 28 17:08:12 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 1064

Oops- I spotted first stupid post of day .You could say why .I assume you want him sacked then unless you are happy for a " not very good manager" to stay.
PS Need List back plus Cuthbert.

By AgentEves28/8 17:26Sat Aug 28 17:26:57 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 999

Can you explain why it's stupid?

By MSFC (MSFC)28/8 17:43Sat Aug 28 17:43:55 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 944

6 games in to the season and we are top half after a punishing set of games. I am not happy about today but that comment was stupid.

By Owen B28/8 18:33Sat Aug 28 18:33:13 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 865

Copey never mentioned he wanted Revell sacked. You and Hitchin decided to extrapolate from what I took as a light-hearted take on today's game.

By MSFC (MSFC)28/8 18:49Sat Aug 28 18:49:33 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 840

Ok. Copey needs to remember that light hearted comments like that can be construed in different ways.

By Owen B29/8 10:43Sun Aug 29 10:43:24 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 521

He literally never mentioned he wanted Revs sacked, so would suggest he's on a bit of a hiding to nothing!!

By Jonnym828/8 18:28Sat Aug 28 18:28:26 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 933

Yep, silly comment. Ppl need to calm down. We started slowly and we’re below par, got back into the game but didn’t create enough. It’s early days. Are we going to have over reaction every time we drop points?

4 people like this 4 people

By Owen B29/8 10:48Sun Aug 29 10:48:05 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 554

The people who need to calm down are the people telling people to calm down after merely saying we were a bit shit.

By AgentEves29/8 17:56Sun Aug 29 17:56:23 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 437

Bingo.

By Jonnym829/8 11:43Sun Aug 29 11:43:41 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 504

Please calm down Owen

By Owen B29/8 11:48Sun Aug 29 11:48:15 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 493

Maybe it's the people telling the people who are telling the people to calm down to calm down that should calm down.

By Jonnym829/8 11:57Sun Aug 29 11:57:01 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 497

I’ve lost track of who needs to calm down

By Owen B29/8 11:58Sun Aug 29 11:58:23 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 458

Everyone! Especially Scousers.

By AgentEves29/8 06:10Sun Aug 29 06:10:44 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 640

It's not a reaction to dropping points. Revs has shown plenty of signs that he is terrible at in-game management. But if you say about how shit his in-game management is after a win, people reply with "wE wOn So WhO cArEs." So it has to come after a loss. And then everyone says "CaLm DoWn We UsEd To Be ShIt" instead.

We also used to play in the regional leagues, so should we now consider ourselves lucky to finish anywhere better than 23rd?

Just cos we were shit at the front end of last season doesn't mean we can't complain now. You don't improve if you constantly just say "Well I'm not as shit as I used to be!"

By Freemo29/8 12:16Sun Aug 29 12:16:43 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 543

You don't improve if you constantly just say "Well I'm not as shit as I used to be!"

Well that's me buggered.

By Balders (BALDOCKBORO)28/8 20:36Sat Aug 28 20:36:46 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 732

Yes.

We always do.

By Jonnym828/8 22:10Sat Aug 28 22:10:57 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 715

It’s tiring. I’ve every faith in Revs and Wilkins. They may not get get us promoted but watching us play is a breath of fresh air compared with recent seasons. We all need to keep a bit of perspective.

Edited by Jonnym8 at 22:13:01 on 28th August 2021

By AgentEves28/8 18:07Sat Aug 28 18:07:43 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 912

Punishing? We just played Walsall. If we are going to finish top half, we need to be winning games like that.

By Hitchin Callling28/8 17:31Sat Aug 28 17:31:49 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 950

Think saying Revs isn't the best is stupid. My opinion you probably have your own.

By AgentEves28/8 17:32Sat Aug 28 17:32:44 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 976

You haven't explained why that is a stupid thing to say. You've just stated that you think it's stupid again.

By MSFC (MSFC)28/8 17:46Sat Aug 28 17:46:36 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 895

In what way is it constructive? Come out with some constructive critisism for once. I can think of plenty from this performance.

By AgentEves28/8 18:27Sat Aug 28 18:27:55 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 900

So I do find posts where someone states their opinion without justification a bit annoying, as well. But it strikes me that any post that is negative in any way, whether it includes justification/rationale or not, gets labeled as stupid, or gets criticized. Had he posted "Revell is a great manager and he'll figure it out." No-one would have said anything, despite the fact that it is equally unjustified/unconstructive and is, in my opinion, less accurate.

Now I get it, people don't like reading constant negativity, but it strikes me that any opinion which goes against the positivity train just gets hammered with criticism, no matter how justified or well thought out it is. A post such as "Solid performance today, and we were unlucky to not come away with a point. Walsall is a tough place to go." wouldn't have been met with any criticism, despite the fact that it's completely inaccurate.

I like to be able to discuss football on this forum, with fellow Boro fans, but its becoming increasingly less enjoyable to read, post and discuss on here, because there's no actual discussion. Just arguing every time someone suggests that Coker might not be good enough, that Revs doesn't know what he's doing, or that Cuthbert isn't the solution to every problem.

I realise that I can often be too critical, and that can be a chore to read. But we should still be promoting healthy discussion. Admittedly, I am critical of the blind optimism posts, but generally speaking, if someone tries to justify their post/opinion, I'll try and discuss it with them.

Now you can argue that we have had a good start to the season, but beating Barrow and Bristol Rovers, in my opinion, does not override losing 4-1 to Bradford and losing to fucking Walsall, the most non-descript club alongside Crawley. I also think it's completely reasonable to suggest Revs isn't a very good manager, because there are plenty of signs that suggest that to be true. His in game management is fucking abysmal. His ability to recognize weaknesses and mitigate against them is non-existent. It took us SO long to change things last season, despite it not working week after week, and things didn't really change until Wilkins came in. The same thing is happening this year. We were struggling in wide areas against Bristol Rovers and Barrow, but we papered over the cracks because we won both games. Yet against a better team in Bradford, we got our fucking pants pulled down. And yet we still don't recognize that this formation coupled with our style of play, is too vulnerable.

Anyway, my point is that we should be promoting good discussion, not just lambasting everyone who posts something negative. If we aren't going to discuss the football, both positive and negative, then what's the fucking point in having a forum?

By Owen B28/8 18:30Sat Aug 28 18:30:09 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 859

If it redresses the balance, it sounded like we were wank today.

By Hitchin Callling28/8 17:43Sat Aug 28 17:43:46 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 889

By definition at one time only one manager can be the "best" .Revs therfore may not be the best of the rest but again that's down to poeple's own views, Think we should all get behind management team but if anyone disagrees that's fine.

By Copeysaurus (CDawg)28/8 17:13Sat Aug 28 17:13:29 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 997

You’re right. It’s the clubs fault. We’d have won that if the north stand was open Tuesday

By Hitchin Callling28/8 17:24Sat Aug 28 17:24:33 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 986

Evveryone entitled to their view.But easy, I feel, to start a negative vibe,I am as guilty as anyone sometimes.
Sure we will not be first club though to rid of their manager .Could be a certain team who pay In red though from North London.

By Bankerbob28/8 15:34Sat Aug 28 15:34:09 2021In response to Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 1234

Times like this I want the Dislike button back...

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)28/8 16:01Sat Aug 28 16:01:21 2021In response to Re: Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 1147

Apparently he’s been a fluxing clunt all game.

Losing 1-0

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)28/8 15:07Sat Aug 28 15:07:01 2021In response to Match thread V Walsall. Top of thread

Views: 1338

Massive defensive mess up.

Re: Losing 1-0

By Sev28/8 17:10Sat Aug 28 17:10:38 2021In response to Losing 1-0Top of thread

Views: 1006

Shit goal to concede. Coker trying to win a foul by falling over on the edge of our box rather than just dealing with the ball, then the keeper being beaten at near post easily.

Other than that Walsall were pretty shit.

We were just as shit first half.

When Lines came on and Reeves went into the front two midfielders where Smith was we looked much better.

Played some nice stuff in the middle but only created a few openings and never looked like scoring. Had a few near misses but that's about all.

Frustrating and points dropped for sure as you would be wanting to beat a team of this standard if you're looking at the top third of the table.

Short of a few players today and shows the squad is a bit light perhaps still. Hopefully we will learn not to start so shit and slowly.

By AgentEves28/8 17:29Sat Aug 28 17:29:18 2021In response to Re: Losing 1-0Top of thread

Views: 927

"then the keeper being beaten at near post easily."

I have some sympathy for this because most times if a player cuts inside they're going far post. And when the player is that close to the goal, as a keeper you have to gamble somewhat. Was a pretty unorthodox finish.

Also, Prosser should have closed the space better instead of standing off.

By Hitchin Callling28/8 17:12Sat Aug 28 17:12:12 2021In response to Re: Losing 1-0Top of thread

Views: 920

Thanks for a more constructive post.

By S4 Boro28/8 15:27Sat Aug 28 15:27:30 2021In response to Losing 1-0Top of thread

Views: 1271

Have Boro created anything yet ?

By Owen B28/8 16:35Sat Aug 28 16:35:32 2021In response to Re: Losing 1-0Top of thread

Views: 1118

This sounds like an awful game so far. Poor result if we drop points to these.

By RockyBottom28/8 16:57Sat Aug 28 16:57:30 2021In response to Re: Losing 1-0Top of thread

Views: 998

Another poor result with harder games to come.

Tactics

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)28/8 16:56Sat Aug 28 16:56:57 2021In response to Re: Losing 1-0Top of thread

Views: 1111

Sounds like we made changes far too late.

Re: Tactics

By AgentEves28/8 17:29Sat Aug 28 17:29:48 2021In response to TacticsTop of thread

Views: 980

Surprised we made changes at all, tbh.

By Owen B28/8 16:57Sat Aug 28 16:57:45 2021In response to TacticsTop of thread

Views: 1074

My tactics would have been not to concede and to score at least one goal.

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)28/8 17:02Sat Aug 28 17:02:55 2021In response to Re: TacticsTop of thread

Views: 969

You should be our manager

By Owen B28/8 17:20Sat Aug 28 17:20:02 2021In response to Re: TacticsTop of thread

Views: 913

I mean, I thought those tactics would be obvious. But not everyone is a master tactician.

By AgentEves28/8 17:32Sat Aug 28 17:32:04 2021In response to Re: TacticsTop of thread

Views: 942

I'd settle for a tactician at the moment, let alone a master one. If anything, I think we are overcomplicating it. These are League Two players, they generally don't have the tactical awareness to play 2 positions (I'm referring to the two AMs also covering wide areas). We just need to keep it simple.

By MSFC (MSFC)28/8 17:49Sat Aug 28 17:49:42 2021In response to Re: TacticsTop of thread

Views: 905

If anything, I think we are overcomplicating it. These are League Two players, they generally don't have the tactical awareness to play 2 positions (I'm referring to the two AMs also covering wide areas). We just need to keep it simple.

YES! constructive critisism. First bit is still a little stupid though.
I'd settle for a tactician at the moment, let alone a master one.

By AgentEves29/8 07:19Sun Aug 29 07:19:06 2021In response to Re: TacticsTop of thread

Views: 559

The first part was a joke in response to Owen saying he was a master tactician.

But also true cos at the moment we have a manager who's biggest weakness is in the tactical department.

By Owen B29/8 08:27Sun Aug 29 08:27:12 2021In response to Re: TacticsTop of thread

Views: 527

Joke? How very dare you!

By Handyandy129/8 09:31Sun Aug 29 09:31:24 2021In response to Re: TacticsTop of thread

Views: 544

From the BBC website....''whilst I enjoyed seeing our first win of the season I was disappointed that the referee erred on the side of leniency, presumably to keep the play going(?). Some of the antics of the Boro players beggared belief and stronger action early on by the ref would have curtailed these'' Were we practicing the dark arts yesterday then? I know we're a 'strong physical side with no real skill' but this sounds a bit harsh.

By Chuds29/8 09:41Sun Aug 29 09:41:22 2021In response to Re: TacticsTop of thread

Views: 544

No, both sides went down as easily as each other. Conor Wilkinson was the worst of the lot, he must be a good 6'3 or so yet tumbled to the floor whenever anybody moved within six feet of him.

Their fans were utter morons howling at everything, which probably got into poor little Matty's mind.

By Owen B29/8 09:37Sun Aug 29 09:37:12 2021In response to Re: TacticsTop of thread

Views: 530

Was he the pound shop Brummie Banker Bob we could hear on the commentary?

Previous thread: Wilko by jayess11/9 11:16Sat Sep 11 11:16:14 2021view thread