Borochat

Proud sponsors of Alex Revell & Lily Bruno

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: It was my turn to write tonight’s Rev Intervie… by Ratman46Today 21:38Today at 21:38:00view thread

Oldest article: Match thread - Oldham (A) by Owen B2/4 14:18Fri Apr 2 14:18:56 2021view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Is Revs the one? by Boromatt19/9 14:33Sun Sep 19 14:33:07 2021view thread

Match Thread Swindon

By S4 Boro4/9 14:04Sat Sep 4 14:04:30 2021

Views: 1831

Staring 11.
Anang, James-Wildin, Coker, Cuthbert, List, Taylor, Norris, Osborne, Lines, Vancooten, Daly.

Subs Bastien, Prosser, Andrade, Read, Reid, Smith, Barry.

Edited by S4 Boro at 14:08:15 on 4th September 2021

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Match Thread Swindon

By GarstonBoro4/9 18:14Sat Sep 4 18:14:11 2021In response to Match Thread Swindon Top of thread

Views: 1274

Team played well, Joseph in goal was fantastic, he will learn from that abuse (yes that’s how sad our game is).
Swindon played much the better football but I really thought we could have held on. Referee was a lot closer than I was to the penalty but 3counties radio say we should have had a peno immediately after.
Best home game so far!

By Callumbus5/9 09:51Sun Sep 5 09:51:34 2021In response to Re: Match Thread Swindon Top of thread

Views: 702

Wasn’t at the match so not going to comment regarding the match itself. However so sorry that the idiots supporting us behaved like brain dead morons. It won’t be any consolation but I’d like you to know that these so called fans have been almost universally condemned by most of our real supporters and we just hope that they get identified and given life bans

15 people like this 15 people

By SparkyToes5/9 19:15Sun Sep 5 19:15:52 2021In response to Re: Match Thread Swindon Top of thread

Views: 468

I would like to add that the away fans that I was chatting to in the local pub, before and after the game, were well behaved and it was obvious how much they loved their club. Hope you get that destructive element sorted out.

2 people like this 2 people

By Callumbus6/9 04:47Mon Sep 6 04:47:05 2021In response to Re: Match Thread Swindon Top of thread

Views: 365

Nice of you to say this. As usual it’s the minority who give the majority a bad name.

By Bankerbob5/9 19:42Sun Sep 5 19:42:48 2021In response to Re: Match Thread Swindon Top of thread

Views: 449

I too had a great chat with a couple of Swindon fans in my local pub at around 1.20. Couldn't be further from the morons who caused the trouble.

By Bumble4/9 21:22Sat Sep 4 21:22:34 2021In response to Re: Match Thread Swindon Top of thread

Views: 964

Totally enjoyed the game
A good game of Football
I thought Swindon are a good side with plenty of quality on the pitch
For me, we deserved the points, with Norris having his best game, together with Cokes.
Thought Defensivley reasonably sound throughout.
Great goal from Coker
Lists miss proved to be crucial
I/ we thought instinctively it was a Penalty.
At first I thought it was Coker with the rash tackle, but it seems Cuthbert lunging in proved to be the peŕpartrater again.
The Ref was literally 8 feet from the incident.
With Cuthberts experience he should have Stayed on his feet.
Happened at Walsall last year. Head Rush.
Penalty, equaliser.
But he had a good game(only has to do his laces up and gets a standing ovation)
His got enough brownie points for us to forget that tackle.
Must take the positives out of it and move on.
Everyone blaming the Ref is bollocks imo

By Jonnym84/9 23:18Sat Sep 4 23:18:03 2021In response to Re: Match Thread Swindon Top of thread

Views: 839

Norris having his best game? Cuthbert ‘lunging’ in?

Go back and watch the game again.

Edited by Jonnym8 at 23:19:03 on 4th September 2021

By Bumble5/9 05:34Sun Sep 5 05:34:39 2021In response to Re: Match Thread Swindon Top of thread

Views: 774

lol
You sound upset
That's how i saw it.
The Scotty incident maybe harsh but he went through the player from behind to make the tackle, giving the player the chance to scream and the referee who was feet away, put a position to make a decision
I read that many are are unhappy, as we all were, but around me in row B North Stand , behind the goal, it looked like a Penalty..

By GarstonBoro22/9 18:33Wed Sep 22 18:33:32 2021In response to Re: Match Thread Swindon Top of thread

Views: 131

Thanks for saying it as you saw it Bumble, it’s good to get the opinion of someone closer to the action than I was in East stand near penalty line.

By MSFC (MSFC)5/9 07:43Sun Sep 5 07:43:06 2021In response to Re: Match Thread Swindon Top of thread

Views: 757

Ok. I watched the replay of the penalty a few more times. I have even done it in slow motion. Scotty gets to the ball first. Coming in from behind does not even come into it. In fact the still shows Scotts foot behind the ball. If anything it was an excellent tackle. He goes over Scott after the tackle was made. I was also in the North stand and saw it different to you.

4 people like this 4 people

By jayess5/9 10:06Sun Sep 5 10:06:14 2021In response to Re: Match Thread Swindon Top of thread

Views: 625

I've watched it a few more times, too. I think you are right, but I also think that in real time it looked like a penalty.
It is a fact that the more time the ball spends in our penalty area the more likely something like this may occur.
We spent too much of the second half camping behind the ball.

By SparkyToes5/9 13:36Sun Sep 5 13:36:24 2021In response to Re: Match Thread Swindon Top of thread

Views: 492

Yep, always the chance of giving away a penalty (whether rightly or wrongly) if the ball is bouncing around inside the area. Just a shame for us that it happened when it did.

By MSFC (MSFC)5/9 10:53Sun Sep 5 10:53:26 2021In response to Re: Match Thread Swindon Top of thread

Views: 562

Disagree. In real time i thought it was not a penalty although that was behind the incident. On the other hand I can't say what sort of view the ref had so it might of looked like a penalty to him.

By MSFC (MSFC)4/9 22:40Sat Sep 4 22:40:40 2021In response to Re: Match Thread Swindon Top of thread

Views: 838

I have watched the penalty incident on the highlight a number of times and it still dosen't look like a penalty to me. It also didn't look like one from the north stand from where I was sitting.. What am I missing? Looks like Cuthbert gets to the ball first. I have also seen the supposed penalty for us up the other end and that looked like a penalty to me. So why can't we blame the ref?

By jayess4/9 21:46Sat Sep 4 21:46:54 2021In response to Re: Match Thread Swindon Top of thread

Views: 875

Nailed it.

By SFCfox4/9 22:42Sat Sep 4 22:42:55 2021In response to Re: Match Thread Swindon Top of thread

Views: 825

It wasn't a penalty, simple.

Some things need to be said about that game

By Eazy4/9 17:06Sat Sep 4 17:06:04 2021In response to Match Thread Swindon Top of thread

Views: 1678

But all I’m saying here and now is I’m loving our squad again after that.

7 people like this 7 people

Re: Some things need to be said about that game

By Boromatt5/9 19:25Sun Sep 5 19:25:23 2021In response to Some things need to be said about that gameTop of thread

Views: 440

Me too. Bloody love this group. Show a real care and passion for the club along with some real quality. If people stay fit, I can definitely see us being involved in at least the play offs!

Edited by Boromatt at 19:25:34 on 5th September 2021

By Jonnym84/9 20:48Sat Sep 4 20:48:02 2021In response to Some things need to be said about that gameTop of thread

Views: 1024

Agreed

By S4 Boro4/9 17:42Sat Sep 4 17:42:30 2021In response to Some things need to be said about that gameTop of thread

Views: 1355

All I’m saying is another two points dropped at home again. Looking ahead, still in a positive position and better then being at the bottom half of the table.

By Themessiah4/9 17:56Sat Sep 4 17:56:36 2021In response to Re: Some things need to be said about that gameTop of thread

Views: 1312

League 2 need to sort out their referees because once again the standard was absolutely shocking

4 people like this 4 people

By jayess4/9 20:45Sat Sep 4 20:45:56 2021In response to Re: Some things need to be said about that gameTop of thread

Views: 966

Won't judge the penalty until I see it again, but until then I thought the ref did well.

1 person likes this 1 person

By Sev4/9 22:15Sat Sep 4 22:15:25 2021In response to Re: Some things need to be said about that gameTop of thread

Views: 833

Yeah I didn't think the ref was bad until that rather big decision. Couple of times the ball went out for a throw and they were guessing but I can accept that.

By RockyBottom4/9 17:44Sat Sep 4 17:44:23 2021In response to Re: Some things need to be said about that gameTop of thread

Views: 1313

How did we play?

By Sev4/9 17:48Sat Sep 4 17:48:56 2021In response to Re: Some things need to be said about that gameTop of thread

Views: 1279

Well I thought.

Started with 4-2-2-2 but Swindon were finding gaps so we changed to a 3-5-2.

Lisa's pace helped, and we played some nice football and created a fair amount.

Daly looked good going forward and did well as wing back, although I'd have maybe put Barry there when he came on.

Coker had a great game, defensively and scoring a great goal.

Should have really seen it out under some late pressure which is disappointing, particular as didn't look to be a penalty at all.

Could've done with those 3 point.

3 people like this 3 people

By jayess4/9 20:49Sat Sep 4 20:49:35 2021In response to Re: Some things need to be said about that gameTop of thread

Views: 923

Agree with most of that, but we let them have the ball too easily for the last 20 minutes and invited the attacks to keep on coming. It only takes one mistake (or one bad refereeing decision) and two points are gone.
Swindon were arses, like their fans, but they are a good side. We'll both finish top 8.

By Sev4/9 22:19Sat Sep 4 22:19:00 2021In response to Re: Some things need to be said about that gameTop of thread

Views: 838

Yeah, as good as Daly had played I was calling for him to be moved/subbed as we were at that point playing a back 5 effectively with him at left back and they were targeting him 2 on 1. He did reasonably well but is a striker not a left back and they had a lot of balls into the box from that side.

When he took Osbourne off and brought in Barry I thought good move, put Barry at left back and push Daly back into midfield, but it was a straight swap!

Edited by Sev at 22:19:55 on 4th September 2021

By Nate5/9 12:11Sun Sep 5 12:11:09 2021In response to Re: Some things need to be said about that gameTop of thread

Views: 514

Barry for Osbourne should have been the first sub. Save moving Daly back where he's ineffective and get Osbourne off.

I want to like Osbourne, but he was bad yesterday. He doesn't close down players, was too easy to beat regularly and gave the ball away cheaply far too often.

By Chuds5/9 12:59Sun Sep 5 12:59:05 2021In response to Re: Some things need to be said about that gameTop of thread

Views: 497

Daly was far from ineffective!

Unless you mean offensively once moved back there. But he was brilliant yesterday and if not for Coker would have easily been MOTM.

Edited by Chuds at 12:59:44 on 5th September 2021

By worrier5/9 18:09Sun Sep 5 18:09:42 2021In response to Re: Some things need to be said about that gameTop of thread

Views: 441

totally agree, TVC was a close third

By Freemo4/9 22:23Sat Sep 4 22:23:43 2021In response to Re: Some things need to be said about that gameTop of thread

Views: 837

Has any club in history played as many strikers at left back/LWB as we have?

By Ratman464/9 18:22Sat Sep 4 18:22:58 2021In response to Re: Some things need to be said about that gameTop of thread

Views: 1230

The List chance was pivotal, clean through, finish that and it was game over.

Shit referee decision costs us in the end.

Enjoyable game until the Swindon fans turned all 80's football hooligans, appalling behaviour.

By Chuds4/9 14:35Sat Sep 4 14:35:25 2021In response to Match Thread Swindon Top of thread

Views: 1632

Pleased to see Anang, Cuthbert (although he got roasted on Tuesday) and List (who I believe would have got us something out of the Walsall game) back, and Daly was very good midweek too, but Reeves is a big miss. Although Taylor and Lines are a good enough pairing, especially Lines who is immense.

By S4 Boro4/9 14:41Sat Sep 4 14:41:35 2021In response to Re: Match Thread Swindon Top of thread

Views: 1602

Be interesting to see if we use the 4-2-2-2 formation or the classic 4-4-2 which I would prefer to see being used.

Previous thread: How many more games do you give Revs? by Rotterdamboro19/9 21:40Sun Sep 19 21:40:45 2021view thread