Borochat

Proud sponsors of The Next Boro Manager & Shianne Swarres

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: GAME OFF by jayessToday 09:19Today at 09:19:51view thread

Oldest article: Anang by Fatman---117/8 21:14Tue Aug 17 21:14:21 2021view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: iFollow by Mr Happy SFC16/10 13:13Sat Oct 16 13:13:56 2021view thread

Match thread - Oldham Athletic (a)

By Owen B16/10 14:51Sat Oct 16 14:51:41 2021

Views: 1269

Team news for this afternoon's Sky Bet League Two clash at Oldham Athletic can now be confirmed...

Alex Revell names just one change from last Saturday, as Jack Smith replaces the suspended Jake Taylor in the middle of the park.

Stevenage: Anang, James-Wildin, Coker, Reeves, Cuthbert, List, Osborne, Andrade, Vancooten, Reid, Smith.

Subs: Bastien, Prosser, Norris, Melbourne, Tinubu, Townsend-West, Johnson.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Match thread - Oldham Athletic (a)

By Chuds16/10 18:38Sat Oct 16 18:38:38 2021In response to Match thread - Oldham Athletic (a)Top of thread

Views: 633

Didn't go today and won't be going on Tuesday despite it being just up the road because, why the hell would I? You know exactly what you are getting from us away from home. You are getting absolute dogshit and us gifting our opponents piss-easy points.

Walsall hadn't won all season. We didn't even make them work for their 1-0 win.
Sutton hadn't won all season. We gifted them a 2-1 win.
Oldham hadn't scored a SINGLE GOAL in the first half all season and we went behind after FIVE MINUTES. They also had picked up just one point from five home games and yet hammered us 3-0.

It isn't even remotely close to being acceptable. If not for our home form we would be in serious shit. Even without it we are not looking pretty. And this is our best squad for years, I still fully believe that.

I am not quite in the actively wanting Revell sacked camp, yet, but equally if I walk out of the NFL tomorrow afternoon and discover he has been canned I won't care at all. He has had plenty of time and he has shown he blatantly doesn't stand a chance of taking us to the next level, so frankly why bother plodding along treading water and going nowhere? If we were scoring for fun and entertaining I could argue more that we should stay with it, but we have scored less than one per game this season, and even worse before that, and are a defensive shambles this season.

It's bollocks and it's not acceptable.

Edit: And if he goes then I do not want Wilkins in charge instead, and Sampson can go too. Get shot of the lot of them if we are going to do it, and start properly from scratch without all the shitstains hanging about the bowl.

Edited by Chuds at 18:41:48 on 16th October 2021

13 people like this 13 people

By Rotterdamboro16/10 20:23Sat Oct 16 20:23:42 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Oldham Athletic (a)Top of thread

Views: 423

I genuinely have no idea why anyone pays to watch that shit anymore. The soul has long since gone out of the club.

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))16/10 20:17Sat Oct 16 20:17:41 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Oldham Athletic (a)Top of thread

Views: 407

Other clubs are successful by just ditching a whole management team and bringing a decent one in. At boro I often read about ‘Stevenage people’ and the ‘Stevenage way’. That is obviously taking a cheap option and getting a journeyman assistant, with an average coach like Sampson. I would happily be shot of the lot of them

5 people like this 5 people

By Tucks16/10 20:42Sat Oct 16 20:42:47 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Oldham Athletic (a)Top of thread

Views: 362

The “Stevenage way” and “Stevenage teams” are basically terms for the GW2 team and players who would have been at home in that side.

That side is a very brief snapshot of time in the history of the club but it was the period in which we had the most success. It’s no different to the “West Ham way” - apparently they used to play great football, when TV was in black and white I assume.

Perhaps it’s also something to do with where we came from in non-league. Honest, hard working pros have always fared well here and been taken to by the fans. There have been too many mercenaries and prima donnas through the place since we’ve been a league club. On and off the pitch. Growing the profile of the club is definitely important but it’s also important to remember our roots. The most important thing is to deliver competitive football that keeps the fans happy (and our league status intact). What I’d give for a team of cloggers with a total greater than the sum of its parts right now.

4 people like this 4 people

By AgentEves16/10 20:55Sat Oct 16 20:55:13 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Oldham Athletic (a)Top of thread

Views: 333

The thing is, if you're not prepared (or can't) spend decent money on players then you have to go down the route of finding hard-working, hungry players who have a point to prove. Stacy Long, Yemi, Griffin, Ashton, Beard and Ronnie were all pretty unremarkable players, but they gave it their absolute all for every single game. They performed above their ability level because they were well motivated, ambitious and competitive.

We have a few of those players now, but not many. Most are just going through the motions, and as much as I think a few of them have more in the tank that might be brought out by a better manager, I do think that a lot of them are already playing at capacity.

It's a good squad - the best we've had for a long while - but how many of them do you think Westley would tolerate? Not many. (And to be clear, this is not about Westley, I just mean because he had very high standards, and an uncanny ability for finding those players who had more to offer but were overlooked by everyone else.)

3 people like this 3 people

By Tucks16/10 21:06Sat Oct 16 21:06:34 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Oldham Athletic (a)Top of thread

Views: 323

The minimum I want from any player who puts a Stevenage shirt on is to look like they give a toss. Come rain or shine. The last time that happened was our League Two play off season. Again, not a GW thing but he was a manager who had that same expectation from his players. Time has passed and GW is perhaps yesterday’s man but there are managers out there who will have the same exacting standards and a fresher outlook on the game.

Out of interest, who was in charge or recruitment when the conference winning team was put together? Because we identified and attracted players who fit the bill then. We’re in a stronger position now, you’d think it would be easier now if anything (I appreciate it isn’t always that simple).

1 person likes this 1 person

By Sev16/10 21:22Sat Oct 16 21:22:57 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Oldham Athletic (a)Top of thread

Views: 335

I think the "giving a toss" perception (or lack of it) results from the management and the style of play.

It's difficult the way we play for a player to show any sort of passion or fight. We dont play like that. We pass left to right and back.

It's only Wildin who looks to penetrate forward with a quick run and lay off but no one else is on the same page so he often just gives the ball away.

When we get crosses in there is no one there as they're all holding back waiting for us to pass it around the box.

Edited by Sev at 21:23:26 on 16th October 2021

2 people like this 2 people

By Tucks16/10 22:40Sat Oct 16 22:40:34 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Oldham Athletic (a)Top of thread

Views: 262

I think Agent Eves has summed it up pretty perfectly below. I think it’s more of an atmosphere or feeling you get from the players than anything else too. I don’t want to name names but there can be an atmosphere of apathy that radiates from the pitch, it has done for a long time. That never used to be there.

By Freemo16/10 22:55Sat Oct 16 22:55:39 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Oldham Athletic (a)Top of thread

Views: 259

As I was right next to the tunnel at Harrogate I could see the body language and facial expressions very clearly and they looked like a group of men going to the gallows at the start of both halves. They put in a good showing that day, but Harrogate weren't firing.

It feels like if the opposition don't score in the first 15 minutes we're off to the races, but they're not overly bothered until then.

By Freemo16/10 21:30Sat Oct 16 21:30:37 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Oldham Athletic (a)Top of thread

Views: 285

I think Coker looks to give us forward impetus and was good today. He and Bruno could be a good partnership if Revs got Bruno up against the wall at half time every time he fucked around.

By AgentEves16/10 21:25Sat Oct 16 21:25:51 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Oldham Athletic (a)Top of thread

Views: 332

It's more when we don't have the ball. Which of our players do you think plays like they are desperate to win the ball back.

Robbo and Bozzie used to run round like they were mad at the grass. They played like if they didn't win they might die. We have nothing even close to that.

By Sev16/10 21:27Sat Oct 16 21:27:22 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Oldham Athletic (a)Top of thread

Views: 294

That is true.

By AgentEves16/10 21:32Sat Oct 16 21:32:56 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Oldham Athletic (a)Top of thread

Views: 290

I want a team that's borderline aggressive. Maybe its just because we had Westley during the years where I was really forming my opinions about football, but I just dont have time for players who are just phoning it in and getting their paycheque. I wanna see big, strong, physical players who will fucking smash the opposition if they don't have the ball. I want to see us field a team who, if nothing else, will run harder and longer than the opposition.

You can't rely on technique in L2. Players are too inconsistent, both in technique and in concentration, but as Westley always said, we can be fitter, stronger and more determined than the opposition.

By AgentEves16/10 21:18Sat Oct 16 21:18:13 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Oldham Athletic (a)Top of thread

Views: 290

"there are managers out there who will have the same exacting standards and a fresher outlook on the game"

This is EXACTLY what we should be looking for. We need a task master who expects excellence. Not a nice guy or a journeyman.

Westley came from the bottom end of the Conference. I'm sure there are others about who are low profile but worth the gamble. Gotta find a manager doing good things with a shit team.

By Freemo16/10 21:16Sat Oct 16 21:16:56 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Oldham Athletic (a)Top of thread

Views: 326

I thought the 2016/17 side with all those experienced heads (Lee, King, McAnuff, Schuey) and Godden in it were going somewhere and just didn't quite have enough quality in the end, and then they were too old.

By Freemo16/10 21:00Sat Oct 16 21:00:33 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Oldham Athletic (a)Top of thread

Views: 321

Reeves today was a good example of the opposite of that attitude. Clearly capable of pulling the strings and very mobile but kept being sloppy as fuck. Wesley would've had him training with the kids.

I always hope we'll evolve past needing to throw the baby out with the bathwater but it never works out.

By RockyBottom16/10 22:11Sat Oct 16 22:11:16 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Oldham Athletic (a)Top of thread

Views: 270

He is exactly the type of player I wouldn't want anywhere near my team if I was manager.

By AgentEves16/10 21:05Sat Oct 16 21:05:51 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Oldham Athletic (a)Top of thread

Views: 300

I earmarked Reeves as a bit of a liability after the first game. Obviously I was shot to pieces. He has a great engine and brings a lot of urgency, but, like you say, he gives the ball away a lot.

By Sev16/10 21:20Sat Oct 16 21:20:02 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Oldham Athletic (a)Top of thread

Views: 291

See Reeves as an attacking midfielder is good. In the final third, if he gives the ball away trying something, no big deal. Today he was in front of the defender and giving the ball away in dangerous positions. He's not that sort of player from what I've seen. Smith was similar.

By AgentEves16/10 21:24Sat Oct 16 21:24:00 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Oldham Athletic (a)Top of thread

Views: 321

That's fair about Reeves.

Exeter fans questioned his quality though, and so far it doesn't look like they were a million miles off. He's fine, but not someone to build the team around.

I don't think we have a real leader at the moment. Revs isn't doing it, and there's no-one on the pitch who looks like they can grab the game by the scruff of the neck and rally the troops, and the fans, with a few crunching tackles and by generally putting themselves about.

And before a certain someone throws this back in my face by saying that he said we needed bite in the midfield... Lines and Taylor aren't that player either.

Our players are too nice. We need a few cunts.

By Sev16/10 21:29Sat Oct 16 21:29:05 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Oldham Athletic (a)Top of thread

Views: 273

Yep, cant argue with that. We lack anyone with a voice and that passion/desire to win at all costs. A vocal battling midfield leader would be ideal.

By Sev16/10 20:30Sat Oct 16 20:30:20 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Oldham Athletic (a)Top of thread

Views: 333

It's time we got Sarll back surely.

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))16/10 20:52Sat Oct 16 20:52:58 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Oldham Athletic (a)Top of thread

Views: 329

Sarll was a million miles ahead of this lot

By AgentEves16/10 20:56Sat Oct 16 20:56:11 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Oldham Athletic (a)Top of thread

Views: 310

Was he? I mean, this is bad, but was he a "million miles" better? I'm not so sure. Sarll probably edges it, but it's hardly night and day.

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))16/10 21:35Sat Oct 16 21:35:31 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Oldham Athletic (a)Top of thread

Views: 314

The thing you mentioned about playing football in the opposition’s half, which Revell is too scared to do, well they did it.

Lee and McAnuff were the last footballers to wear a Boro shirt, in terms of experience, ability, awareness. But that’s the last time we paid a wage I guess

By AgentEves16/10 23:07Sat Oct 16 23:07:10 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Oldham Athletic (a)Top of thread

Views: 243

Yeah, fair. At least we looked like we were attempting to play football under Sarll. I wouldn't go back, though.

Westley is the only manager who has had enough success that he ever deserved a 2nd (and 3rd) chance. I think both of those hires were fair. The 2nd was obviously great and the third got cut short before we really got to see what it could become. The 4th spell was stupidity, but that's another discussion.

Trouble is, I think modern day footballers are pussies, so Westley's attitude would just fall on deaf ears nowadays. I think that's why he takes so long to turn it around. He has to suss out who the weak minded players are, fuck them off, and then bring in players with the right mentality. Sometimes that meant we ended up signing absolutely dogshit players (Darren Murphy, for example) but at least they were a nightmare to play against, even if they were shit.

By AgentEves16/10 20:04Sat Oct 16 20:04:43 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Oldham Athletic (a)Top of thread

Views: 383

Agree with all of that.

I would maybe consider giving Wilkins the reigns in the interim, just to see how he does, and to finally put to bed whether or not he was responsible for the turnaround last season.

But I'm more in the camp of thinking there's rot setting in, and we'd be better getting rid of everyone.

Edited by AgentEves at 20:06:29 on 16th October 2021

By Freemo16/10 18:46Sat Oct 16 18:46:06 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Oldham Athletic (a)Top of thread

Views: 521

On the way to/from the game today I drove through the Yorkshire town of Holmfirth. It's famous for being the location of Last of the Summer Wine, a programme where the most iconic moment is the comically inept protagonists hurtling downhill in a bathtub in an uncontrolled manner.

I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

By Owen B16/10 18:47Sat Oct 16 18:47:29 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Oldham Athletic (a)Top of thread

Views: 514

I'm unsure the current coaching team could actually run a bath.

By Ratman4616/10 18:45Sat Oct 16 18:45:16 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Oldham Athletic (a)Top of thread

Views: 478

Thats key for me, if Revs goes they all go, none of this keeping any of the current management team as they are part of the problem.

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))16/10 20:19Sat Oct 16 20:19:57 2021In response to Re: Match thread - Oldham Athletic (a)Top of thread

Views: 366

But Mark Sampson is a ‘Stevenage’ person. He has to stay. Let’s keep them all forever until we’re all dead

3-0

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)16/10 16:20Sat Oct 16 16:20:07 2021In response to Match thread - Oldham Athletic (a)Top of thread

Views: 995

On yer bike Revs

Re: 3-0

By AgentEves16/10 16:26Sat Oct 16 16:26:15 2021In response to 3-0Top of thread

Views: 926

I actually think it's a little harsh to blame Revs for today's performance.

I've made it very clear that I don't rate Revs, but today has been bad because of individual errors. Not much Revs can do about that.

If Anang is going to come that far out, he HAS to win the ball. At the very least he needed to foul the player and take the yellow card (no way he's getting a red that high up the pitch).

There have been a LOT of misplaced passes and individual errors that are putting us under pressure unnecessarily.

One thing I will say, that likely sits at Rev's door, is why we spend so much time trying to get the ball into the channels, trying to get crosses into the box, when that isn't playing to our strengths. The crosses into the box are mindless and not aiming for anyone in particular. We don't have anyone who's particularly potent in the air, so why not try and play it through the centre? Use the wings to open the space, but ultimately try to drive the ball inside.

Today has been dreadful, but for once I don't think the tactics are the main problem.

By S4 Boro16/10 17:25Sat Oct 16 17:25:49 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 618

I see what your saying here, but AR is not the man to take the club to success and after today the fans, who are the most important people in the game, deserve better.

It’s now time for a change of management, a management team who can get positive results on the table and give the fans something to be happy about.

By Telboy16/10 17:39Sat Oct 16 17:39:53 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 687

What's Stimmo doing nowadays? Football under him was outstandingly exciting.

By Chuds16/10 18:24Sat Oct 16 18:24:18 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 577

Fuck off.

By Paulio16/10 18:47Sat Oct 16 18:47:05 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 479

Lolz. Can’t believe you’re still jealous that we all got to witness his time here and you missed out.

By Telboy16/10 18:32Sat Oct 16 18:32:03 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 549

Yep, he certainly did...I was at his last game...Torquay. That is the only thing I would hold against him. Sadly I don't think Gillingham will come in for Revs.

Edited by Telboy at 18:32:33 on 16th October 2021

By RockyBottom16/10 17:42Sat Oct 16 17:42:23 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 601

He played the best football I remember a Stevenage team playing. Was actually exciting to watch.

By Telboy16/10 17:48Sat Oct 16 17:48:41 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 593

Its these highlights in our time supporting Boro that bonds us to the club. We are always hopeful to see similar again. One day Rodders, one day!

By Hitchin Callling16/10 16:32Sat Oct 16 16:32:52 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 852

Agree amazingly re today but at end of day manager takes flake. But cannot see PW pulling the plug still.If he does complete change please to set up no half way house -Garrard ?

By AgentEves16/10 16:38Sat Oct 16 16:38:44 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 820

I'm not even sure Garrard would come, would he? Boreham Wood are 2nd. Probably a reasonable chance of promotion. Would he jump ship to come to a club that's only marginally bigger and on a 6 year backwards slide, when he has been working with his current club for a similar period and building towards promotion? I for sure wouldn't.

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))16/10 20:25Sat Oct 16 20:25:28 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 342

He will be on better money at Borehamwood

By RockyBottom16/10 16:39Sat Oct 16 16:39:48 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 800

I very much doubt it.

By Freemo16/10 16:32Sat Oct 16 16:32:09 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 842

Agree, they've played like they've been up all night and not been allowed their coffee. They certainly don't seem like they expect a rocket if they fuck up egregiously.

By AgentEves16/10 16:35Sat Oct 16 16:35:23 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 820

Lack of confidence could be the issue? Although last week's win should have done some to solve that.

I think if we lose this game, which we almost certainly will, I still think Revs needs to go. Whether today was his fault or the fault of individuals, the buck ultimately stops with him.

We have been very poor for a while, with very, very few signs of genuine, sustainable improvement. That's down to Revs.

By Tucks16/10 16:57Sat Oct 16 16:57:13 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 723

Ultimately Revs has had a long stretch in the hot seat. Has he visibly improved as a manager or moved us forward on the pitch? No.

Nice bloke, talks a good game but when it comes down to it he isn’t delivering.

By AgentEves16/10 17:03Sat Oct 16 17:03:56 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 688

He doesn't even talk a good game, though. He gives generic, media friendly responses and never actually says anything of any genuine conviction.

I have zero confidence that he knows how to turn things around. He hasn't said anything, nor has he done anything, that suggests he knows what the issues are or how to address them.

He's been in charge for a season and a quarter and has been on the coaching staff since 2019. We have looked reasonable, if unremarkable, for half a season*. The rest of the time we have looked dreadful.

*let's be real, even when we were stringing reasonable results together, it was largely miserable. Lots of draws and boring games. Acceptable, since we were putting together points, but it was hardly entertaining.

By BedsBoro16/10 20:20Sat Oct 16 20:20:16 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 334

His interview today was at best non sensical and rambling, and came across as someone who doesn't really know how to fix things.

Or to put it another way - and I'm fairly certain he actually used this phrase a few weeks ago - he can't quite put his finger on it...

By Tucks16/10 17:07Sat Oct 16 17:07:52 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 675

There’s a lot of rot at the club still from the relegation (that wasn’t a relegation) season. Regardless of how they are as people that can’t be a good thing either.

By BedsBoro16/10 20:23Sat Oct 16 20:23:11 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 335

I'll probably get jumped on for this but I'm not convinced Cuthbert isn't part of that rot. He's been here most of the time we've been absolute garbage and has been involved in far too many games when we've all but given up. He's a good defender but I'm not sure he's the leader you want when the chips are down

By RockyBottom16/10 22:14Sat Oct 16 22:14:34 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 251

Cuthbert hasn't been the same since his first season here. Injury, age or something has taken it's toll.

By AgentEves16/10 20:44Sat Oct 16 20:44:02 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 328

I'm coming to the same conclusion, but you're right that it will be an unpopular opinion.

We have been clamouring for a leader since Robbo left, and I think a lot of people have clung to Cuthbert as that man.

I think last season, with his injuries, should have been his last. I suspect a large part of the problem is that Prosser is borderline Ben Nugent level shit, and Marshall looks like he might be a liability too.

By Freemo16/10 20:34Sat Oct 16 20:34:32 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 304

He was at fault for the first goal today imo.

By Sev16/10 21:17Sat Oct 16 21:17:22 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 279

He seemed to be blaming someone else for not being in position after it went in.

By AgentEves16/10 17:11Sat Oct 16 17:11:05 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 667

Agreed. We should have completely cleaned house after that season.

By Ratman4616/10 17:15Sat Oct 16 17:15:18 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 627

Agree but PW should some loyalty to them due to the Covid situation and he felt sorry for MS.

Going a bit soft in his old age.

By SFCfox16/10 16:39Sat Oct 16 16:39:43 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 790

I disagree, we haven't been very poor for a while. We're unbeaten in 4 games for starters.

We're missing Taylor, Lines, Read and Carter who are all starters when available.

By Danny-da-Bass (Danny-da -Bass)16/10 19:36Sat Oct 16 19:36:03 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 388

We don’t miss Carter at all. IMO

By AgentEves16/10 20:09Sat Oct 16 20:09:18 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 357

File Carter with Robin Shroot and any other player who was supposedly going to be our saviour but when they eventually emerged, was underwhelming.

Edited by AgentEves at 20:09:35 on 16th October 2021

By AgentEves16/10 16:51Sat Oct 16 16:51:30 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 747

Carter is shit. His only genuinely positive contributions have been the goal against Cambridge and the short flurry of goals when he played up front. He is, more importantly, never fit. We can't base our team around a player who spends more time injured than he does fit.

We have been poor most of the season. We have won 1 game in 10 (league games). We are 19th in the league. That is undeniable proof that we cannot consistently string results together. 4 games unbeaten is pointless if you then go and shit the bed away at Oldham - a team who is yet to win a game at home - and lose by 3 goals.

Also, how are Taylor, Lines, Read and Carter all starters? What about Reeves and Osborne? 6 in midfield?

By GarstonBoro16/10 17:08Sat Oct 16 17:08:03 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 657

Your image re shitting bed is very apt and horribly vivid. I hope Revs makes the squad read this chain and your description because he needs do something to grab their balls and make them play.

By SFCfox16/10 17:01Sat Oct 16 17:01:15 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 704

OK Carter is frequently injured, but Osborne is hardly setting the world alight is he. Are we just going to ignore your Osborne stat this week?

As for the 6 starters, don't be so fucking pedantic. For what it's worth we had Reeves, Lines and Taylor all in midfield at the start of the season and the results speak for themselves.

Yes they are all starters, but it doesn't mean they all start in the same game does it?

By AgentEves16/10 17:10Sat Oct 16 17:10:37 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 660

"Are we just going to ignore your Osborne stat this week?"

No, we can bring that up. I think today is the 4th game we have lost out of 21 starts for Osborne.

"For what it's worth we had Reeves, Lines and Taylor all in midfield at the start of the season and the results speak for themselves."

I assume you're referring to the two games we won against Barrow and Bristol Rovers? I probably won't base my assessment of the season on two games. But you go ahead.

By SFCfox16/10 17:21Sat Oct 16 17:21:36 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 634

Of course you don't, because it doesn't fit your agenda.

I'm literally debating with a child, i'm done.

By Dave (daveadkins)16/10 18:43Sat Oct 16 18:43:02 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 451

Haha you get your point of view challenged and whinge about it.

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)16/10 17:23Sat Oct 16 17:23:16 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 629

You two are like a married couple.

By SFCfox16/10 17:26Sat Oct 16 17:26:33 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 601

All we want is 3 points.

By Owen B16/10 17:24Sat Oct 16 17:24:24 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 589

The make up sex will be explosive

By Ratman4616/10 17:16Sat Oct 16 17:16:06 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 640

After those 2 games we were getting promoted according to some.

By AgentEves16/10 18:25Sat Oct 16 18:25:26 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 537

I think those 2 games, off the back of a solid second half of last season, was a positive start.

And then when Plan A proved to be susceptible, Revs quickly showed he didn't have any other options or plans, and the whole thing fell apart.

By Ratman4616/10 16:53Sat Oct 16 16:53:54 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 689

Spain played with 6 midfielders

By AgentEves16/10 16:55Sat Oct 16 16:55:15 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 706

Lines is basically Xabi Alonso so it will prob work for us too.

By Owen B16/10 16:42Sat Oct 16 16:42:25 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 744

1.08 points per game, assuming we lose this one. Going great.

By AgentEves16/10 16:53Sat Oct 16 16:53:21 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 701

bUt We DrEw AgAiNsT hArRoGaTe AnD tHeY aRe GoOd.

By RockyBottom16/10 16:40Sat Oct 16 16:40:13 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 776

Are they?

By SFCfox16/10 16:42Sat Oct 16 16:42:08 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 761

Yes. Especially Taylor and Lines.

Do you disagree?

By RockyBottom16/10 16:45Sat Oct 16 16:45:33 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 751

Taylor yes. Not sure the others would be in my first XI. Mind you we've hardly got a bench at all today :/

By AgentEves16/10 16:54Sat Oct 16 16:54:27 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 685

More to the point, you can't start 6 players in midfield. Let alone 6 central midfielders/no.10s. But we'll just ignore that part.

By RockyBottom16/10 17:44Sat Oct 16 17:44:42 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 533

Well we haven't tried it yet XD

By RockyBottom16/10 16:28Sat Oct 16 16:28:22 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 843

I think we have been playing through the centre. At least pumping it to List's and Reid's head when they have no chance of winning it.

By AgentEves16/10 16:31Sat Oct 16 16:31:20 2021In response to Re: 3-0Top of thread

Views: 785

That's not playing to the centre. That's hoofing it forward hoping List's speed will catch them out.

Long ball is worse than aimless balls into the box.

By Copeysaurus (CDawg)16/10 16:22Sat Oct 16 16:22:52 2021In response to 3-0Top of thread

Views: 861

What was our league position when Shezza was canned

Clear your desk Revs

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)16/10 15:20Sat Oct 16 15:20:25 2021In response to Match thread - Oldham Athletic (a)Top of thread

Views: 1179

We are going one step forward two steps back with this regime . I’ve never rated him as a manager. Oldham FFS!

Re: Clear your desk Revs

By Themessiah16/10 16:03Sat Oct 16 16:03:17 2021In response to Clear your desk RevsTop of thread

Views: 1002

It's ridiculous

By Copeysaurus (CDawg)16/10 15:21Sat Oct 16 15:21:45 2021In response to Clear your desk RevsTop of thread

Views: 1158

An absolutely dreadful manager.

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)16/10 15:24Sat Oct 16 15:24:56 2021In response to Re: Clear your desk RevsTop of thread

Views: 1139

It won’t change. We will just stumble through the season hoping 2 teams fuck up more than we do.

By SFCfox16/10 15:32Sat Oct 16 15:32:19 2021In response to Re: Clear your desk RevsTop of thread

Views: 1122

I hope we concede more, that'll learn Wilkins for being a yes man.

The Stevenage charity swings into action on 5 mins.

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)16/10 15:08Sat Oct 16 15:08:47 2021In response to Match thread - Oldham Athletic (a)Top of thread

Views: 1200

No text

Re: The Stevenage charity swings into action on 5 mins.

By SparkyToes16/10 15:17Sat Oct 16 15:17:24 2021In response to The Stevenage charity swings into action on 5 mins. Top of thread

Views: 1121

Right now we need to score six.

1-0 down

By Owen B16/10 15:08Sat Oct 16 15:08:34 2021In response to Match thread - Oldham Athletic (a)Top of thread

Views: 1138

Conceded already...

Re: 1-0 down

By Hitchin Callling16/10 15:19Sat Oct 16 15:19:41 2021In response to 1-0 downTop of thread

Views: 1084

7 injured now, schoolboys on bench .Is it juts me but this is getting a normal thing every season. Perhaps bad luck or something else eg training methods ?

By Ratman4616/10 16:43Sat Oct 16 16:43:45 2021In response to Re: 1-0 downTop of thread

Views: 725

Not fit enough

By Copeysaurus (CDawg)16/10 15:10Sat Oct 16 15:10:27 2021In response to 1-0 downTop of thread

Views: 1132

Boro charity. Classic

2-0 down

By Owen B16/10 15:19Sat Oct 16 15:19:48 2021In response to Re: 1-0 downTop of thread

Views: 1095

Lol

Re: 2-0 down

By Hitchin Callling16/10 15:23Sat Oct 16 15:23:41 2021In response to 2-0 downTop of thread

Views: 1061

shall we have a sweepstake for the post match interview quotes .My money is -We were facing a team fighting for their lives.

By Desmond Hume (Jamie Starr)16/10 16:17Sat Oct 16 16:17:29 2021In response to Re: 2-0 downTop of thread

Views: 864

And we have a full week to work very hard..

By Ratman4616/10 16:44Sat Oct 16 16:44:45 2021In response to Re: 2-0 downTop of thread

Views: 699

Worked last week when we worked extra hard.

This week was just the normal hard.

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)16/10 15:25Sat Oct 16 15:25:23 2021In response to Re: 2-0 downTop of thread

Views: 1060

Probably. He hasn’t a scooby.

By RockyBottom16/10 16:06Sat Oct 16 16:06:13 2021In response to Re: 2-0 downTop of thread

Views: 895

That first half was one of the most forgettable I have seen.

Need I remind us that, THEY HAVE NOT WON A GAME AT HOME.

The warning signs were there when they hit the post. Did we learn. Bollocks did we.

So lightweight, so clueless. Pathetic. Glad I only travelled 45mins not 3 hours plus!

By Freemo16/10 16:03Sat Oct 16 16:03:06 2021In response to Re: 2-0 downTop of thread

Views: 921

There's some good principles in how we play but you'd think we were safely midtable in April today instead of 2-0 down to a struggling side in October.

Their second was disgusting.

By Tucks16/10 16:22Sat Oct 16 16:22:36 2021In response to Re: 2-0 downTop of thread

Views: 829

Points > principles.

By SFCfox16/10 16:04Sat Oct 16 16:04:09 2021In response to Re: 2-0 downTop of thread

Views: 952

We're missing Jake Taylor and/or Chris Lines. They add bite to the midfield.

By AgentEves16/10 16:30Sat Oct 16 16:30:20 2021In response to Re: 2-0 downTop of thread

Views: 779

Why do you think a lack of bite in midfield is what has lead to this defeat?

Would Taylor's bite in midfield have prevented Anang from having a melt down and running 45 yards to wave an aimless foot at their player?

Would Lines' bite have stopped whoever it was that gave the ball away when the entire team was on the front foot, leading to a counter attack?

I'm not saying Taylor and Lines aren't valuable team members, but I'm not sure either would have prevented today's catastrophe. A lack of bite is the least of our concerns if we are just going to gift them the ball in dangerous positions.

Edited by AgentEves at 16:30:31 on 16th October 2021

By SFCfox16/10 16:36Sat Oct 16 16:36:17 2021In response to Re: 2-0 downTop of thread

Views: 737

I haven't watched the game, but i can imagine Jake Taylor offers more urgency and bite than Jack Smith.

Jake Reeves can only do so much.

By AgentEves16/10 16:42Sat Oct 16 16:42:25 2021In response to Re: 2-0 downTop of thread

Views: 728

A lack of "bite" isn't really the problem today.

If you're not watching, then your comments/conclusions are just aimless conjecture.

By SFCfox16/10 16:48Sat Oct 16 16:48:05 2021In response to Re: 2-0 downTop of thread

Views: 708

If you say so, but i stand by my point as i've seen enough games this season to make this conclusion.

By AgentEves16/10 16:57Sat Oct 16 16:57:01 2021In response to Re: 2-0 downTop of thread

Views: 667

Why not just admit that drawing aimless, generic conclusions without watching the game might render those conclusions inaccurate?

By SFCfox16/10 17:09Sat Oct 16 17:09:52 2021In response to Re: 2-0 downTop of thread

Views: 641

That's your expertise.

By AgentEves16/10 17:12Sat Oct 16 17:12:05 2021In response to Re: 2-0 downTop of thread

Views: 616

Lol. Pathetic.

By Owen B16/10 16:43Sat Oct 16 16:43:15 2021In response to Re: 2-0 downTop of thread

In fairness, not many people will be watching, only the hardy few who have travelled to Oldham.

By RockyBottom16/10 16:46Sat Oct 16 16:46:33 2021In response to Re: 2-0 downTop of thread

Views: 691

Can't even pass the ball to our own team today. It really is that bad.

Protests?

By Owen B16/10 16:19Sat Oct 16 16:19:40 2021In response to Re: 2-0 downTop of thread

Views: 931

I see they skipped their 46th minute tennis ball protest, presumably because they were 2-0 up...

3-0 down

By Owen B16/10 16:20Sat Oct 16 16:20:29 2021In response to Protests?Top of thread

Views: 902

Oh fuck off. Not just a poor start to the game, we're just bad.

19th

By Owen B16/10 16:23Sat Oct 16 16:23:05 2021In response to 3-0 downTop of thread

Views: 857

Sitting 19th in the live table, this being the 12th game. Only just over 1 point per game. We've supposedly got a better squad than last season. Amazon sponsorship.

No excuses left, I'm afraid.

Ahem, 20th

By Owen B16/10 17:20Sat Oct 16 17:20:52 2021In response to 19thTop of thread

Views: 609

No text

Re: 19th

By Ratman4616/10 16:48Sat Oct 16 16:48:13 2021In response to 19thTop of thread

But injuries, so many starters not available.

By Themessiah16/10 16:49Sat Oct 16 16:49:26 2021In response to Re: 19thTop of thread

Views: 707

Another relegation battle for us then

By Themessiah16/10 16:25Sat Oct 16 16:25:50 2021In response to 19thTop of thread

Views: 810

Piss poor

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)16/10 16:24Sat Oct 16 16:24:59 2021In response to 19thTop of thread

Views: 859

I’ve said it all season. Revs will not take this club anywhere but down.

Re: 3-0 down

By Freemo16/10 16:21Sat Oct 16 16:21:43 2021In response to 3-0 downTop of thread

Views: 888

All fur coat and no knickers. An embarrassment.

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)16/10 16:23Sat Oct 16 16:23:56 2021In response to Re: 3-0 downTop of thread

Views: 834

Out played and outwitted by a club on it’s death bed.
A flipping embarrassment. Wallace seems ok with this though.
It’s like we have no ambition.

By Ratman4616/10 16:49Sat Oct 16 16:49:35 2021In response to Re: 3-0 downTop of thread

Views: 732

Thought we already knew that, survival is enough.

By SFCfox16/10 16:23Sat Oct 16 16:23:07 2021In response to Re: 3-0 downTop of thread

Views: 880

Can't wait for my free hot drink at Northampton on Tuesday

Previous thread: Oldham prediction by Bragbury10616/10 08:25Sat Oct 16 08:25:20 2021view thread