Borochat

Proud sponsors of Paul Tisdale & Shianne Swarres

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Out on Pens 4-3 by Rob SBFCToday 16:37Today at 16:37:00view thread

Oldest article: Score prediction for tomorrow by WASP20/8 15:04Fri Aug 20 15:04:57 2021view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: FA cup draw today. by WASP17/10 09:16Sun Oct 17 09:16:39 2021view thread

Rev's Interview

By Sev16/10 20:24Sat Oct 16 20:24:55 2021

Views: 643

He says mistakes and errors cost us and we can't afford to concede goals like that. Correct but you have to ask why are we conceding goals like that.

For me...

League 2 players aren't perfect, they are always going to make mistakes. Be it a slip, a misplaced pass or being caught out of position.

Our trouble is about 70% of our play is in our own half and and most of that on our last line of defence. Therefore when players do make the inevitable mistakes we are at high risk of being punished.

If you make those mistakes in the final third they're unlikely to cost you anything but possession.

That is why I don't like our style of play. It's weighted heavily against our players. They can do 90% of what they're asked to perfectly and get no reward for it and then they make a few mistakes and they're heavily punished.

reply to this article | return to the front page

5 people like this 5 people

Re: Rev's Interview

By AgentEves16/10 21:03Sat Oct 16 21:03:46 2021In response to Rev's InterviewTop of thread

Views: 544

You're not wrong.

But I think there are ways to play direct and avoid losing the ball in key areas, and then there's whatever the fuck it is that we do. Hitting the ball into the high channels (towards the corner flags) is such a horrible pass. The strikers still have SO much to do if they get on the end of it. It's just kicking for territory.

While I think you make a good point, I don't think that was the issue today. The second goal we conceded was a mistake in midfield. We were 2/3 of the way up the pitch when we lost the ball. The whole team was on the front foot. And for our third goal, we had an attacking corner and conceded. Anang just had a wild moment, which is maybe a sign of his age/inexperience.

By RockyBottom16/10 21:58Sat Oct 16 21:58:24 2021In response to Re: Rev's InterviewTop of thread

Views: 497

I was just going to post the same. It is an issue, but I didn't think it was the most concerning factor today. I've never seen a game where a professional football team have given the ball away, so cheaply, so often, but it wasn't necessarily just in dangerous areas at the back.

For me the major concern was the whole team just didn't start and seemed devoid of any confidence. There was no clear evidence of any game plan or any changes after we went 2-0 down to get us back in the game. The team is too lightweight to play the way we did today, away from home.

Edited by RockyBottom at 22:01:30 on 16th October 2021

By AgentEves16/10 23:11Sat Oct 16 23:11:57 2021In response to Re: Rev's InterviewTop of thread

Views: 424

If you go 2-0 down after 17 minutes, why wait until the 59th minute to make a sub? Like, ok, you don't have to instantly make subs, but if you're 2-0 down after 17 minutes, something isn't working and something needs to change. What are you expecting to happen in the 42 minutes between their 2nd goal and our first sub? Like you've just wasted almost an entire half of football, because... you don't want to upset a player by taking them off after 30 mins?

I just dont get it. I dont get why you wouldn't want to be more proactive in making changes. If the players you picked aren't cutting it, then take then off. It can't get much worse than going 2-0 down within 17 minutes.

1 person likes this 1 person

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)17/10 09:01Sun Oct 17 09:01:51 2021In response to Re: Rev's InterviewTop of thread

Views: 357

We’ve reached the bottom of the barrel when the fans think the solution is to get Nozza on.

By Freemo17/10 10:01Sun Oct 17 10:01:47 2021In response to Re: Rev's InterviewTop of thread

Views: 310

I thought the same, but he was the only option on the bench who looked like changing the pattern of the game. As it turned out Melbourne looked eager when he came on so it was typical that he then got wiped out.

By Sev17/10 08:38Sun Oct 17 08:38:19 2021In response to Re: Rev's InterviewTop of thread

Views: 361

I would normally agree if the scoreline reflected the play. But we pretty much completely controlled the game (which makes the result even worse!) albeit with little threat so I guess his thought was that since we have so much possession and keep flashing crosses across the goal perhaps if we persist we might make something count.

I think we looked more threatening when Norris came on and that should have been done at HT as I tweeted at the time.

Of course in reality we could have played like that all day and probably would ended up losing 6 nil had it gone on another 90 minutes, conceding every other mistake.

Edited by Sev at 08:39:19 on 17th October 2021

By Sev16/10 21:16Sat Oct 16 21:16:17 2021In response to Re: Rev's InterviewTop of thread

Views: 452

Those were the ones that led to goals yes. The second was a pass back to the back line, which we did all game. Oldham had two or three other breaks like that from shit passes which fortunately we got away with.

I think were obviously missing Lines and Taylor today, who do the job in front of the back 4 normally, either by mopping up or collecting and distributing effectively. Today we were left exposed a few times.

Anang is in a poor run of form which isn't helping.

By AgentEves16/10 21:20Sat Oct 16 21:20:08 2021In response to Re: Rev's InterviewTop of thread

Views: 461

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I dont think Anang is very good. Way too erratic.

By Sev16/10 21:25Sat Oct 16 21:25:59 2021In response to Re: Rev's InterviewTop of thread

Views: 448

I think my biggest disappointment is the lack of shot stopping ability.

A lot of keepers can be dodgy at crosses, coming for the ball or kicking etc but you put up with it if they're a good shot stopper (that's the basic thing a keeper should do). Anang has let in a few weak ones recently. Might be a confidence thing but certainly a downgrade on the Chelsea keeper I can't remember the name of we had last season.

Edited by Sev at 21:26:08 on 16th October 2021

By AgentEves16/10 21:28Sat Oct 16 21:28:05 2021In response to Re: Rev's InterviewTop of thread

Views: 453

Cumming.

I agree, very much so.

It's a shame we were so shit when we had Farman. He was solid, an excellent shot stopper, and, aside from Cumming, the best keeper we have had since Daisy.

By Specky (Mike H)16/10 22:09Sat Oct 16 22:09:33 2021In response to Re: Rev's InterviewTop of thread

Views: 433

Cumming is on a season loan at Gillingham this season……not doing that great as they’re in 20th position…..same as us just a league higher

By Freemo16/10 21:07Sat Oct 16 21:07:16 2021In response to Re: Rev's InterviewTop of thread

Views: 461

I saw that side of Anang at Bradford but until today he's kept it under wraps and been an assuring presence with his extendable arms.

Previous thread: REVELL OUT by Phoenix16/10 16:56Sat Oct 16 16:56:06 2021view thread