Travel to Whyteleafe away 26 July
There are rail engineering works at London Bridge affecting Southern services leaving from the terminus platforms, therefore the regular stopping train from London Bridge to Whyteleafe calling all stations via Forest Hill is not running. However, Southern Trains have kindly laid on a half hourly "football special" starting from South Bermondsey and calling all stations via Tulse Hill and Crystal Palace. These trains depart South Bermondsey at 29 & 59 past the hour, total journey time from there to Whyteleafe 50 mins.
Anyone needing to start from London Bridge can get a fast train to East Croydon and change there. Anyone using the stations from New Cross Gate to Anerley can still get a London Overground service and change at Norwood Junction for the Whyteleafe train. There is also an additional half hourly service from Victoria to Whyteleafe calling all stations via Balham and Selhurst, so four trains an hour in total from East Croydon.
I've linked a map showing the ground location below. Although Whyteleafe South station looks closest that's an illusion. There's really nothing in it distance/time wise (probably just over 5 mins walk). Salmons Lane is a very steep narrow hill with no footpath and the ground entrance is exactly where the tip of the arrow is, so use Whyteleafe station. There's a decent clubhouse outside the turnstiles, to the left as you enter the ground from Church Road. Personally I've always preferred the clubhouse to the Whyteleafe Tavern, and it's generally served London Pride and sometimes guest real ales too.
Next article in this thread: trains by LinesmanIan21/7/2014 14:44Mon Jul 21 14:44:15 2014
- Travel to Whyteleafe away 26 July by Pink Panther21/7/2014 12:53Mon Jul 21 12:53:13 2014view thread
- trains by LinesmanIan21/7/2014 14:44Mon Jul 21 14:44:15 2014
- Re: trains by Lee Farmie21/7/2014 14:52Mon Jul 21 14:52:55 2014
- However... by Griff21/7/2014 19:30Mon Jul 21 19:30:42 2014
- Re: However... by Lee Farmie22/7/2014 09:39Tue Jul 22 09:39:45 2014
- Re: trains by Inbetweener21/7/2014 14:49Mon Jul 21 14:49:01 2014
- strangely by LinesmanIan21/7/2014 15:09Mon Jul 21 15:09:09 2014