Whyteleafe 1 Hamlet 4
It took a while for Hamlet to establish superiority, and after Leafe had reduced the two goal lead we'd quickly built after half time it took a brilliant save by Echepare to prevent an equaliser. However Hamlet ran away with it towards the end after bringing a raft of experienced players off the bench.
I'd guess no more than five and possibly as few as three of the starting XI will start the first league match. I'd regard Gonsalves, Robinson & Clunis as "probables" with Echepare & Vidal as "possibles", and the other six are probably pushing for a place on the bench.
A pleasant Saturday afternoon in the sunshine. The pitch seemed less natural than Maidstone's with some unpredicatable bounce and an excessive quantity of rubber granules kicking up from the surface both underfoot and when the ball bounced. I assume these pitches take a while to "settle down" and this one has only been in use for a couple of weeks whereas the first time we visited Maidstone it had already been in use for three months. Still, come the second half of the season it's got to be better than a quagmire with players slipping over like circus clowns, or a dry and rutted dustbowl. After losing four afternoon fixtures to the weather last season, all of which had to be shoehorned in on Tuesday nights in February and March, I'll be happy to see a few more of these pitches.
Next article in this thread: Re: Whyteleafe 1 Hamlet 4 by Peter27/7/2014 22:00Sun Jul 27 22:00:24 2014
- whyteleafe score ?? by garethwrexy26/7/2014 16:12Sat Jul 26 16:12:18 2014view thread
- Re. Whyteleafe score.. by Jamie Wyatt26/7/2014 16:22Sat Jul 26 16:22:02 2014
- Re: Re. Whyteleafe score.. by Inbetweener26/7/2014 17:29Sat Jul 26 17:29:08 2014
- Re. Whyteleafe by Jamie Wyatt26/7/2014 18:59Sat Jul 26 18:59:56 2014
- Whyteleafe 1 Hamlet 4 by Pink Panther27/7/2014 10:48Sun Jul 27 10:48:55 2014
- Re: Whyteleafe 1 Hamlet 4 by Peter27/7/2014 22:00Sun Jul 27 22:00:24 2014
- Re: Whyteleafe 1 Hamlet 4 by Inbetweener28/7/2014 16:02Mon Jul 28 16:02:42 2014
- Re: Whyteleafe 1 Hamlet 4 by Peter28/7/2014 16:18Mon Jul 28 16:18:35 2014
- Re: Whyteleafe 1 Hamlet 4 by Michael28/7/2014 16:28Mon Jul 28 16:28:55 2014
- Try this link by Lee Farmie28/7/2014 17:02Mon Jul 28 17:02:57 2014
- Re: Try this link by Inbetweener29/7/2014 10:08Tue Jul 29 10:08:03 2014