Re: FA farce
In the usual bland way the FA in its press release of 21st May refers to "participants" with out actually defining who or what a "participant" is..
"A worldwide ban on betting on football will come into force from 1 August 2014 for certain participants in English football.
Included within the worldwide prohibition ratified by The FA shareholders’ 111th Annual General Meeting at Wembley Stadium on Wednesday are all those involved in the game at Premier League, Football League and Football Conference levels, as well as the top two divisions in each of the Northern, Southern and Isthmian leagues.
Participants covered by the ban will be prohibited from betting, either directly or indirectly, on any football match or competition that takes place anywhere in the world.
The changes to FA Rules from the start of the 2014/15 season will also effect a worldwide prohibition on betting on any other football-related matter. For example, the transfer of players, employment of managers or team selection. The passing of inside information to somebody that uses the information for betting remains prohibited.
Following consultation with the game’s stakeholders, the prohibition had previously received a unanimous recommendation by The FA Council on 9 April and The Football Regulatory Authority in March.
Currently, FA Rules state that no participant can bet on a match or competition in which they are involved that season, or which they can influence, or any other football-related matter concerning the league that they play in.
They also prohibit participants from using or passing inside information for betting. These current prohibitions will be retained after 1 August 2014 in respect of participants involved in the game below Step 4 of the National League System. These are the only participants who will not be subject to the worldwide ban."
Read more at www.thefa.com/news/2014/may/ban-on-betting-passed-by-fa-shareholders#JRcogzQZeAA2Wsq7.99
“They make their tongues as sharp as a serpent’s; the poison of vipers is on their lips.” — Psalm 140:3
Help the Hamlet - Sign up to the 1893 Club from as little as one pound a month. Click here to find out more.
Next article in this thread: Re: FA farce by Lee Farmie29/7/2014 14:59Tue Jul 29 14:59:27 2014
- Odds for 2014-2015 Isthmian Premier by Griff27/7/2014 17:40Sun Jul 27 17:40:06 2014view thread
- Re: Odds for 2014-2015 Isthmian Premier by sportywagon27/7/2014 21:20Sun Jul 27 21:20:51 2014
- Re: Odds for 2014-2015 Isthmian Premier by Peter28/7/2014 10:52Mon Jul 28 10:52:13 2014
- Re: Odds for 2014-2015 Isthmian Premier by sportywagon29/7/2014 14:06Tue Jul 29 14:06:49 2014
- FA farce by Inbetweener28/7/2014 16:01Mon Jul 28 16:01:59 2014
- Re. FA farce by Jamie Wyatt28/7/2014 16:54Mon Jul 28 16:54:01 2014
- Re: Re. FA farce by Inbetweener28/7/2014 17:34Mon Jul 28 17:34:14 2014
- Re: FA farce by Peter28/7/2014 16:17Mon Jul 28 16:17:08 2014
- Re: FA farce by Griff28/7/2014 17:17Mon Jul 28 17:17:23 2014
- Re: FA farce by Lee Farmie29/7/2014 14:59Tue Jul 29 14:59:27 2014
- Wow... by DESSIE28/7/2014 22:45Mon Jul 28 22:45:08 2014