ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Unofficial Dulwich Hamlet FC Fans Forum

THIS FORUM IS FOR FANS OF DULWICH HAMLET FC TO AIR THEIR VIEWS BUT IS COMPLETELY INDEPENDENT FOR THE FOOTBALL CLUB

Return to front page

Newest article: What is Hydro smoke? by jenniferalena3Yesterday 18:58Yesterday at 18:58:12view thread

Oldest article: billericay away by champion20136/4/2014 22:35Sun Apr 6 22:35:44 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: another way to get to kingstonian by champions2013 of ryman south11/8/2014 16:58Mon Aug 11 16:58:44 2014view thread

Hamlet 3 Tooting 3

By Pink Panther (legacy user)6/8/2014 14:25Wed Aug 6 14:25:31 2014In response to Tooting.....

Views: 3110

I just missed the start, and was still making my way towards my usual first half position of a seat at the far end of the main stand when Hamlet took the lead, so I didn't actually see the goal. I know nothing about Jordan Hibbert (the goalscorer) who showed some good touches throughout. Is he an Academy product, or someone without a club who we've picked up towards the end of pre-season? (Same goes for left back Matthew Parsons - any info?)

The game seemed to follow a similar pattern to the last time this fixture took place competitively on New Year's Day last year. Hamlet had the balance of play overall and really ought to have won, but Tooting fought hard and deserved their share of the spoils. We were behind after the impressive TJ Nkoma scored twice in quick succession; the first a cracking left footed drive from outside the box that gave Echepare no chance, and the second a simple tap in after their centre forward had seized upon disorganisation in our defence and made a strong run through the middle before unselfishly passing sideways. Clunis equalised before half time, cutting in from the left and firing a venomous shot into the far corner from the corner of the box.

Hamlet were behind again early in the second half but Samuels equalised midway through the half with a stunning 30 yard drive that fizzed towards the target just above pitch level and comfortably beat the keeper inside his right hand post.

I thought Tooting were quite dirty and cynical with lots of niggly shirtpulling type stuff and a few rather unnecessary late challenges when there was clearly no chance of winning the ball. In a "proper" game I think they'd have collected quite a few yellow cards.

We saw a bit too much of the sloppy play with possession conceded cheaply in our own half that proved costly on a number of occasions last season. I'm still not sure we've fielded our best XI in any of the pre-seasons yet. Last night must have been close to it, and I get the feeling Gavin is leaning towards preferring Pinnock to Gonsalves for the number 6 shirt, but I'll be surprised if Carew isn't a starter based on what I've seen from him.

Hopefully come Saturday we'll look like the finely tuned machine that has been the Hamlet at their best in recent years. I'm certainly not doubting Gavin's ability to prepare his team for the new season as this is his sixth season in the job, each season has been better than the one before without fail, and we've taken six points from the first two league games in each of the last three seasons now.

Team (1 to 11): Echepare, Kamara, Parsons, Samuels, Forbes, Pinnock, Clunis, James, Hamici, Hibbert, Lodge. Subs included: Robinson, Mansaray, Vidal, Patterson, Steven, Carew, Gonsalves.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/dulwichhamlet/videos/dulwich-win-the-championship-with-this-goal-by-xavier-vidal-dulwich-hamlet-1--1-burgess-hill-town-on-the-2742013-39661.html

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Hamlet 3 Tooting 3 by Inbetweener6/8/2014 14:39Wed Aug 6 14:39:09 2014

Previous thread: enjoy,,,,,,,,,,, by garethwrexy8/8/2014 21:49Fri Aug 8 21:49:35 2014view thread