ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Unofficial Dulwich Hamlet FC Fans Forum

THIS FORUM IS FOR FANS OF DULWICH HAMLET FC TO AIR THEIR VIEWS BUT IS COMPLETELY INDEPENDENT FOR THE FOOTBALL CLUB

Return to front page

Newest article: Buy Registered Passport, Drivers license,Id card… by komtangi8/3 17:35Fri Mar 8 17:35:58 2019view thread

Oldest article: billericay away by champion20136/4/2014 22:35Sun Apr 6 22:35:44 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Hamlet 3 Fingate 3 by Pink Panther24/9/2014 11:20Wed Sep 24 11:20:49 2014view thread

Poetry fanzine on sale on Tuesday:

By Inbetweeener (legacy user)26/9/2014 15:31Fri Sep 26 15:31:26 2014

Views: 2165

If you don't like poetry then look away now...

A number of you will know that one of my, ooh er,missus...'little pleasures in life' is jotting down poetry. I have no idea if it's any good, but some people like it, and I enjoy it.

Anyway, I've just produced a 24 page A5 poetry fanzine of some I've done, and the first issue will be on sale from me at the ground, and also available against Bury Town on Tuesday night, 30th September, from the "12th Man" table. It's called "POWER TO THE PEOPLE".

I'm suggesting a donation a pound a copy, but less if you've only got a few shillings to spare. All money taken will end up in the "12th Man" bucket, so I won't make a penny myself, except to recoup the costs of buying the paper to produce it.

The contents are: Page 1: Cover. Pages 2/3: Editorial & contents. Page 4: “Grassroots”-about going to a game at Colliers Wood United. Page 5: “Tea Break” about the lack of tea in the tea bar at Dulwich Hamlet. Page 6: “The Real Thing” about watching a reserve team game at Cheshunt. Page 7: “Piglets”-about young players who choose to play for the Metropolitan Police team, despite not being police themselves. Pages 8/9:“Great Day” About my visit to Hamburg, to watch the Altona 93 fans tournament. Pages 10/11: “A Century On” written the day before a pre-season home game with t*****g, on the 100th anniversary of the start of the First World War. Pages 12/13: “Sticking The Footballing Boot In” about the anti-homophobia Rainbow Laces Day, with a number of Dulwich Hamlet players wearing them. Pages 14/15: “Plastic Fan”- about Ged the Giraffe, an inflatable Dulwich Hamlet supporter! Pages 16/17: “Burnley Boy” about the book’ Together Again’ by former Burnley player Willie Irvine; he played in the Sixties, the book was published in 2005. Page 18: “Shirt Off Your Back”-about the high cost of a replica England shirt, for the Brazil World Cup. Page 19: “After You Claude”-about an amateur football representative match. Pages 20/21: “Selling Your Soul”-about Sunderland appointing Paulo di Canio as their manager. Pages 22/23: “Rivals” – about winning 2-0 at t*****G * mitcham, on Saturday 30th March 2013, during our title winning run-in. Page 24: “Flight of Fancy” –about groundhopping at a Middlesex County League match.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Poetry fanzine on sale on Tuesday: by sportywagon26/9/2014 18:21Fri Sep 26 18:21:34 2014

Previous thread: youth team by garethwrexy25/9/2014 19:12Thu Sep 25 19:12:27 2014view thread