ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Unofficial Dulwich Hamlet FC Fans Forum

THIS FORUM IS FOR FANS OF DULWICH HAMLET FC TO AIR THEIR VIEWS BUT IS COMPLETELY INDEPENDENT FOR THE FOOTBALL CLUB

Return to front page

Newest article: TMISOTBG - 2017/18 End Of Season Review by beautifulgame1519/7 20:40Thu Jul 19 20:40:19 2018view thread

Oldest article: billericay away by champion20136/4/2014 22:35Sun Apr 6 22:35:44 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Away to Hornchurch 3 points, 1 point, any points ? by sportywagon12/3/2015 16:52Thu Mar 12 16:52:55 2015view thread

Re: Past conduct

By Gupster815/3/2015 23:07Thu Mar 5 23:07:28 2015In response to Re: Past conduct

Views: 1872

Hi - Bognor fan here

Just to confirm that the rumour about the fan jumping onto the pitch was a mis-interpreted tweet from Josh Casey (Kingstonian player) he has since retracted this tweet and confirmed that no fan entered the pitch at all.

I helped to write the statement mentioned above in this thread and the word sensationalism was used to describe the Twitter saga that followed the incident -

One media outlet (reputable) reported Tolfrey was fighting his own fans.
National Media used the Tweet from Josh Casey to imply fans were on the pitch.
Sky sports reported Rob Tolfrey was spat at (no statement has stated this, and we've had them from Bognor, K's and even a Mansfield fan at the game) - just going on hearsay.
One report even jumped to the conclusion that Rob Tolfrey knew the person he was fighting with and it was a personal matter.

The media jumped aboard this and it became grossly out of hand - hence why we've had to be careful what's been said about it as we've been lambasted previously by the FA/Ryman league for comments made online by fans etc (Crazy I know).

The point about stewards is very good and I hope this is also highlighted at the hearing. I remember going to Dartford and being told countless times by their stewards that as it's a "Football league graded ground" it will be stewarded like one, regardless of crowd size as its an FA regulation. If that is the case the surely Kingsmeadow should fall under the same category and to have no steward in the away end, AT ALL, is pretty poor.

Lets hope the FA conduct the investigation correctly and a fair response or outcome is reached.

BTW - your fans were quality on Saturday and I love the games between us both, as its a proper football match and even at 4-0 you still carried on in the correct way. Good Luck for the rest of the season.

Edited by Gupster81 at 23:07:41 on 5th March 2015
Edited by Gupster81 at 23:10:44 on 5th March 2015

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Past conduct by Griff6/3/2015 10:03Fri Mar 6 10:03:56 2015

Previous thread: DHFC Friendlies this week by Jamie Wyatt8/3/2015 13:17Sun Mar 8 13:17:16 2015view thread