Re: v East Thurrock...
Agree with Ian. I think there's a confidence issue at the moment. We haven't lost any key players or had anyone out injured for a significant length of time since winning at Margate.
I was glad to see us revert to the back four that served us so well during our winning spell either side of the new year, although they were ripped apart three times in the first ten minutes by a dangerous attacking side. I'd still rather persevere with these personnel than keep tinkering as in recent weeks though. I thought we panicked after getting stuffed at Bognor, with five of that starting XI dropped for the next game and others shifted to unfamiliar positions.
I thought the own goal to bring us level might be the stroke of luck we needed, but both ETU's second and third goals just about went in off the inside of the post. We weren't really worth more than one point, but had either of those shots been a few inches either way they'd have been saved or bounced back out.
I thought The Tank did a good job. He lacks technical subtlety, but he's not slow and repeatedly forced his way past defenders when running with the ball. Probably not a long term answer as a starting number 9, but like Connor French a potentially useful addition to the squad.
Next article in this thread: Phil Wilson by Edgar Kail22/3/2015 21:51Sun Mar 22 21:51:57 2015
- v East Thurrock... by Jamie Wyatt21/3/2015 19:37Sat Mar 21 19:37:41 2015view thread
- Re: v East Thurrock... by sportywagon21/3/2015 21:49Sat Mar 21 21:49:07 2015
- Re: v East Thurrock... by LinesmanIan21/3/2015 21:48Sat Mar 21 21:48:27 2015
- Re: v East Thurrock... by Edgar Kail22/3/2015 10:24Sun Mar 22 10:24:52 2015 1 person
- Re: v East Thurrock... by Pink Panther22/3/2015 10:46Sun Mar 22 10:46:53 2015 1 person
- Phil Wilson by Edgar Kail22/3/2015 21:51Sun Mar 22 21:51:57 2015
- Re: Phil Wilson by Pink Panther23/3/2015 11:16Mon Mar 23 11:16:19 2015
- Re: Phil Wilson by sportywagon23/3/2015 18:11Mon Mar 23 18:11:01 2015