ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Unofficial Dulwich Hamlet FC Fans Forum

THIS FORUM IS FOR FANS OF DULWICH HAMLET FC TO AIR THEIR VIEWS BUT IS COMPLETELY INDEPENDENT FOR THE FOOTBALL CLUB

Return to front page

Newest article: Accounting Homework Help by bailyd1714/10 08:17Mon Oct 14 08:17:50 2019view thread

Oldest article: billericay away by champion20136/4/2014 22:35Sun Apr 6 22:35:44 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Last night (30/3) by Jamie Wyatt31/3/2015 17:31Tue Mar 31 17:31:35 2015view thread

Re: Wingate & Finchley... The omens dont look good!

By johansilent28/3/2015 18:56Sat Mar 28 18:56:07 2015In response to Re: Wingate & Finchley... The omens dont look good!

Views: 1306

Just returned from the game. My first visit to Wingate's ground. Strange, soulless place with a stand so far from the pitch that I suspect it's in a different postcode - and no running track round the ground which would explain it. Very odd.
Terrible display and unusually for me I left early. No sign of Gavin Rose; I assume he was serving a suspension for the sending off at Hornchurch. No sign of Terrell Forbes either. Matt Drage played centre back alongside Pinnock. Professor Google informs me that he's played for Kingstonian and Hampton. He actually looked reasonably ok.
First goal was a complete howler from Pinnock: caught in possession and their forward only had Phil to beat (Phil wearing a Hannibal Lecter mask after his broken nose last week). Just after the first goal Abnett nearly gave away a second, caught in possession just outside the box, but this time their forward put the ball over. Dulwich had played reasonably well in the first half, but - usual story as of late - a lot of pretty football but no real threat. Clunis looking the only really dangerous player. (He was captain today).
2nd half: their 2nd was a low ball across the box and their player put it in from a tight angle - possible offside? 3rd goal stonewall penalty with Phil left stranded by the defence with their forward only having to round Phil to score. Ottaway and James were waiting to come on just before the goal. By the time they got on the game was over. I left not long after.
I can't help feeling that all the chopping and changing in team selection isn't doing us much good. Vidal and Wanadio back today, James on the bench and Jarrett nowhere to be seen. Am I the only one who is baffled by the continued selection of Hibbert over Dixon? He looked useful early on in the season on the wing and even as full back, but I thought he was terrible today and, in fact, I thought he would have been out of the team permanently after the Bognor debacle. Benjamin looked quite handy last week against E Thurrock, but looked shockingly unfit today, and is horrendously one-footed. Pinnock's been superb all season, but is becoming worryingly error-prone. Let's hope this is a temporary blip.
I think we'll probably just sneak into the play offs, but the big concern obviously is the fact that the goal's have totally dried up. I didn't make it to the Bury game, so the only goal I've seen us score from open play since January is James's opener against VCD - last week's 3 were 2 pens and an o.g. Frankly, given what I saw today, I think the best bet is to go with youth - viz McCoulskey (unless he's suspended for the rest of the season.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Wingate & Finchley... The omens dont look good! by LinesmanIan29/3/2015 17:21Sun Mar 29 17:21:56 2015

Previous thread: Dulwich Hamlet FC 1920's - Help Required by Football Historian30/3/2015 00:59Mon Mar 30 00:59:39 2015view thread