ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Unofficial Dulwich Hamlet FC Fans Forum

THIS FORUM IS FOR FANS OF DULWICH HAMLET FC TO AIR THEIR VIEWS BUT IS COMPLETELY INDEPENDENT FOR THE FOOTBALL CLUB

Return to front page

Newest article: Visit Tooting by cabhit3/5 22:34Fri May 3 22:34:38 2019view thread

Oldest article: billericay away by champion20136/4/2014 22:35Sun Apr 6 22:35:44 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Wingate & Finchley... by Jamie Wyatt28/3/2015 16:29Sat Mar 28 16:29:26 2015view thread

Dulwich Hamlet FC 1920's - Help Required

By Football Historian30/3/2015 00:59Mon Mar 30 00:59:39 2015

Views: 931

You do not know me but my name is Paul Days and I am a historian of Sunderland AFC.

Working with historians for other football clubs in the UK I am putting together a series of short A4 sized books looking at the Godfrey Phillips football Cards that were issued in the early 1920’s. Each publication is about 32 pages, features all the cards from each individual club in the series. I am inviting a historian of each club to involve themselves in the project, primarily to:

1. Write short bios of each of the players featured plus an abbreviated club history from inception until the mid 1920’s i.e. the date of the cards issue, and
2. Supply some club related images; action shots, postcards, team photos of the club in the 1920s for the inside, front and back covers

I contacted Dulwich Hamlet FC too see if they would be able to help me with the production of the Dulwich Hamlet version of the publication? Unfortunately both Jack McInroy and John Lawrence, who are historians of the club were unable to help me.

I was wondering if you could place an SOS out on your website for someone to help me with this. I would imagine that there will be someone, somewhere in Dulwich who had a relation who played for DHFC at that time or may have some memorabilia. Failing that, is there a local newspaper for Dulwich that may have covered the club and the games way back in the 1920’s?

Does anyone know anyone who would be able to help with this? If so can someone please reply to my e-mail address given below?

Look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Take care.

Paul
pauldays@sky.com

Edited by Football Historian at 01:00:28 on 30th March 2015

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: Tonight (Monday 23/3) by Jamie Wyatt23/3/2015 21:49Mon Mar 23 21:49:02 2015view thread