ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Unofficial Dulwich Hamlet FC Fans Forum

THIS FORUM IS FOR FANS OF DULWICH HAMLET FC TO AIR THEIR VIEWS BUT IS COMPLETELY INDEPENDENT FOR THE FOOTBALL CLUB

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Accounting Homework Help by Topxlisting13/11 07:14Wed Nov 13 07:14:29 2019view thread

Oldest article: billericay away by champion20136/4/2014 22:35Sun Apr 6 22:35:44 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Charity day on Sunday(10/5) v. Peckham Town by Inbetweener7/5/2015 19:39Thu May 7 19:39:56 2015view thread

Tonbridge 2 Hamlet 2

By Pink Panther26/4/2015 11:34Sun Apr 26 11:34:42 2015In response to Re: Tonbridge

Views: 1255

An enjoyable day out with the best of the weather between 3pm and 5pm. Ideal covered terraces at each end and around 300 Hamlet fans made for a great atmosphere. Job done in terms of securing fourth place regardless of the Enfield Town points deduction fiasco. Good to see Hamlet put in a convincing creative performance despite Carew being out suspended (again), but we really ought to have had more than the two very well crafted goals. Hamlet had more of the play overall, but the lack of ruthlessness up front that has plagued us throughout the season was evident again. On a number of occasions good openings went begging as someone either attempted to take the ball closer or pick out a teammate with an extra pass instead of just pulling the trigger when the goal was in sight.

I was pleased we fought back after going a goal down against the run of play; it took just a few minutes to equalised as Hibbert made a powerful overlapping run on the right and sent over a peach of a cross to the far post for Ottaway to head home from close range.

McDonald made an instant impact as substitute, immediately combining with Vidal on the edge of the box, and Vidal cut in from the right before wrongfooting the keeper with a cool finish tucked nicely inside the near post. With five minutes left Drage conceded a free kick right on the edge of the box and the take gave Wilson no chance with a superb strike whipped up and over the wall and just inside the near top corner. I didn't feel too nervous after that as I felt Tonbridge looked as happy to settle for the point as we were by that stage, although I don't get as excited about play offs as some people anyway. Personally I'm more pleased about the facts that we've continued our trend of always finishing higher than the previous season under the current management, and that we've finished in the top four in the Premier Division for the first time since 1979/80.

The bad news is that Clunis limped off injured and Carew will also be suspended for Margate, but available for the final if we win.

Team (4-2-3-1): Wilson - Hibbert, Drage, Pinnock(c), Shaw - Dixon, James - Wanadio, Vidal, Clunis - Ottaway.
Subs: Jarrett (for Clunis), McDonald (for Wanadio), McCoulsky (for Ottaway), Samuels, Forbes (not used).
Attendance: 758

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person   

Next article in this thread: Re: Tonbridge 2 Hamlet 2 by sportywagon26/4/2015 14:02Sun Apr 26 14:02:55 2015

Previous thread: merstham by jack2/5/2015 20:00Sat May 2 20:00:30 2015view thread