from enfield's website
Message for ETFCSSL Members
By Ken Brazier, Sunday May 3
Appeal for Funds; please donate now/ASAP if you wish, so the Board can gauge the appetite for proceeding down the appeal route beyond 8 May if need be
TO ALL ETFC SUPPORTERS SOCIETY LTD MEMBERS
APPEAL FOR FUNDS
The Board of Enfield Town FC has been considering its options for following up the verdicts of recent FA and Ryman League hearings on the alleged ineligibility of Aryan Tajbakhsh for two league matches played in January. The Club’s stance has been well documented, and there has been a good deal of positive reaction from other clubs and supporters.
The purpose of this note is to gauge your appetite for the Club pursuing the appeals route available to it by asking that you make a (potentially refundable) donation towards an appeals fund.
On Friday the Club announced it would be appealing the FA’s decision, and a hearing for that appeal has been set for 8th May. The costs of this hearing are covered by funds that have already been allocated for this purpose. It may well be, following the FA appeal hearing on 8th May, that no further action is required. But this note has been issued in order to help the Board anticipate what steps might best be taken following the outcome of the 8th May hearing.
In the event of a follow-up appeal (against the Ryman League’s 3 point deduction; only if the FA appeal on 8th May fails), the Club would need to pay legal fees beyond which it has budgeted for. The Club is satisfied that it has secured an excellent legal team. The method by which the Club would aim to raise sufficient funds to pursue an appeal route beyond 8th May, is via donations.
Should the FA appeal on 8th May not go in our favour, if you are of the view that the ETFC Board should follow that up with an appeal against the Ryman League’s decision of a 3 point deduction, please donate ASAP as detailed below. The Board is asking members to contribute whatever they can by electronic bank transfer only, and we are only approaching ETFCSSL members at this stage.
How to donate
The bank details are: ETFC Fund, sort code 08-92-99, a/c no. 65329315. When making the electronic transfer, please ensure you include the reference ETFCAPPEAL for efficient administration purposes. THERE IS NO COMMITMENT TO FUNDS BEING SPENT AT THIS STAGE AND YOUR DONATION WILL BE REFUNDED IF THE CLUB DO NOT PROCEED TO AN APPEAL BEYOND THE FA APPEAL ON 8th MAY.
The Board will be able to gauge the appetite of members to follow the appeal route (as necessary, beyond 8th May), and will keep members in touch with progress on a regular basis before any funds are committed. The Board undertake to refund all monies banked should further appeals not proceed. In the event of the amount donated exceeding the total legal costs for an agreed further appeal, contributions from members will be reinvested into club funds to be spent on other projects. The Board will communicate regularly if this is the case.
Any queries on this statement should be addressed via e-mail to [email protected]
Enfield Town FC Board
Next article in this thread: Re: from enfield's website by Pink Panther5/5/2015 11:33Tue May 5 11:33:36 2015
- any semi final update yet by jack29/4/2015 12:08Wed Apr 29 12:08:49 2015view thread
- Re: any semi final update yet by bens29/4/2015 15:38Wed Apr 29 15:38:15 2015
- Re: any semi final update yet by Griff29/4/2015 16:44Wed Apr 29 16:44:13 2015
- "Confused? You won't be, after this week's episode… by Griff29/4/2015 17:17Wed Apr 29 17:17:05 2015
- Re: "Confused? You won't be, after this week's epi… by sportywagon29/4/2015 17:41Wed Apr 29 17:41:26 2015
- still no date (and i'm going on holiday soon.) by jack1/5/2015 13:20Fri May 1 13:20:42 2015
- Re: still no date (and i'm going on holiday soon.) by Jamie Wyatt2/5/2015 18:01Sat May 2 18:01:36 2015
- Re: still no date (and i'm going on holiday soon.) by LinesmanIan2/5/2015 18:54Sat May 2 18:54:41 2015
- Re: still no date (and i'm going on holiday soon.) by Pink Panther3/5/2015 10:51Sun May 3 10:51:50 2015 1 person
- from enfield's website by jack5/5/2015 11:10Tue May 5 11:10:59 2015
- Re: from enfield's website by Pink Panther5/5/2015 11:33Tue May 5 11:33:36 2015 1 person
- Re: from enfield's website by jack5/5/2015 11:41Tue May 5 11:41:08 2015 1 person
- the margate view by jack6/5/2015 22:00Wed May 6 22:00:32 2015
- latest - friday 8th may by jack8/5/2015 18:36Fri May 8 18:36:08 2015
- Re: latest - Saturday 9th may by Jamie Wyatt9/5/2015 18:29Sat May 9 18:29:02 2015
- Re: latest - Saturday 9th may by jack9/5/2015 20:56Sat May 9 20:56:58 2015
- Re: latest - Saturday 9th may by DonkeyAssessor10/5/2015 13:14Sun May 10 13:14:39 2015