Re: Past conduct
Hi - Bognor fan here
Just to confirm that the rumour about the fan jumping onto the pitch was a mis-interpreted tweet from Josh Casey (Kingstonian player) he has since retracted this tweet and confirmed that no fan entered the pitch at all.
I helped to write the statement mentioned above in this thread and the word sensationalism was used to describe the Twitter saga that followed the incident -
One media outlet (reputable) reported Tolfrey was fighting his own fans.
National Media used the Tweet from Josh Casey to imply fans were on the pitch.
Sky sports reported Rob Tolfrey was spat at (no statement has stated this, and we've had them from Bognor, K's and even a Mansfield fan at the game) - just going on hearsay.
One report even jumped to the conclusion that Rob Tolfrey knew the person he was fighting with and it was a personal matter.
The media jumped aboard this and it became grossly out of hand - hence why we've had to be careful what's been said about it as we've been lambasted previously by the FA/Ryman league for comments made online by fans etc (Crazy I know).
The point about stewards is very good and I hope this is also highlighted at the hearing. I remember going to Dartford and being told countless times by their stewards that as it's a "Football league graded ground" it will be stewarded like one, regardless of crowd size as its an FA regulation. If that is the case the surely Kingsmeadow should fall under the same category and to have no steward in the away end, AT ALL, is pretty poor.
Lets hope the FA conduct the investigation correctly and a fair response or outcome is reached.
BTW - your fans were quality on Saturday and I love the games between us both, as its a proper football match and even at 4-0 you still carried on in the correct way. Good Luck for the rest of the season.
- K's v Bognor by LinesmanIan27/2/2015 15:18Fri Feb 27 15:18:00 2015view thread
- Re: K's v Bognor by Griff1/3/2015 11:35Sun Mar 1 11:35:14 2015
- Re: K's v Bognor by Peter3/3/2015 19:25Tue Mar 3 19:25:41 2015
- Re: K's v Bognor by Griff3/3/2015 22:07Tue Mar 3 22:07:57 2015
- I just dont understand by LinesmanIan4/3/2015 10:11Wed Mar 4 10:11:44 2015
- Past conduct by sportywagon4/3/2015 12:15Wed Mar 4 12:15:49 2015
- Re: Past conduct by Inbetweener5/3/2015 15:39Thu Mar 5 15:39:07 2015
- Re: Past conduct by Gupster815/3/2015 23:07Thu Mar 5 23:07:28 2015
- Re: Past conduct by Griff6/3/2015 10:03Fri Mar 6 10:03:56 2015
- Re: Past conduct by LinesmanIan6/3/2015 13:28Fri Mar 6 13:28:18 2015
- Re: Past conduct by Gupster816/3/2015 14:01Fri Mar 6 14:01:40 2015
- Re: Past conduct by Gupster8113/3/2015 05:56Fri Mar 13 05:56:25 2015
- Re: Past conduct by Griff13/3/2015 15:33Fri Mar 13 15:33:31 2015
- Re: Past conduct by Gupster8113/3/2015 19:38Fri Mar 13 19:38:52 2015