ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Unofficial Dulwich Hamlet FC Fans Forum

THIS FORUM IS FOR FANS OF DULWICH HAMLET FC TO AIR THEIR VIEWS BUT IS COMPLETELY INDEPENDENT FOR THE FOOTBALL CLUB

Return to front page

Newest article: Visit Tooting by cabhit3/5 22:34Fri May 3 22:34:38 2019view thread

Oldest article: billericay away by champion20136/4/2014 22:35Sun Apr 6 22:35:44 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Getting away with it ! by sportywagon16/12/2015 18:51Wed Dec 16 18:51:44 2015view thread

Disappointing Dan Sweeney !

By sportywagon13/12/2015 20:20Sun Dec 13 20:20:58 2015

Views: 834

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/dulwichhamlet/news/dan-sweeney-departs-1539570.html

Massively disappointed that Dan Sweeney has in my opinion been misguided in moving to Maidstone Utd. No disrespect to Maidstone but surely playing out the season with us and continuing his marvellous form would have left him with clubs clamouring for his services next season. He may have even had the option to stay with us and play at a higher level.
I have no issue with players finding there way back into football by playing for Hamlet and then moving up several levels like Erhun and Danny Carr for example. I however find players who use us as merely a shop window to feather their own nest,only for them to move on after a few months, bang out of order! Only pleased he wasn't included on the DHST Xmas Calendar.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Disappointing Dan Sweeney !

By Pink Panther14/12/2015 12:28Mon Dec 14 12:28:05 2015In response to Disappointing Dan Sweeney !Top of thread

Views: 804

This is very much the exception in recent times. Gavin has been very adept at persuading good young players to stick with us, build their reputation and experience with us, then go to bigger clubs with our blessing. Unfortunately it appears that Dan Sweeney has an agent of the type that gets all agents a bad name as devious, unscrupulous, avaricious chancers.

He briefly did well for us, and if we ultimately win the league he'll have played a small but significant part in the same way players like Chico Ramos and Connor French did in our D1S championship. But right now we're better off letting him go, then at least it frees up some funds to bring in another player more committed to the Hamlet in future.

For Maidstone's sake I hope they tie him down to a contract, otherwise a few decent performances and his agent will be angling to get him a move to to Ebbsfleet, Bromley etc.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: Needham Market by sportywagon9/12/2015 02:29Wed Dec 9 02:29:13 2015view thread