ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Unofficial Dulwich Hamlet FC Fans Forum

THIS FORUM IS FOR FANS OF DULWICH HAMLET FC TO AIR THEIR VIEWS BUT IS COMPLETELY INDEPENDENT FOR THE FOOTBALL CLUB

Return to front page

Newest article: Visit Tooting by cabhit3/5 22:34Fri May 3 22:34:38 2019view thread

Oldest article: billericay away by champion20136/4/2014 22:35Sun Apr 6 22:35:44 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: lewes by bobgee10/2/2016 21:02Wed Feb 10 21:02:47 2016view thread

v VCD

By LinesmanIan7/2/2016 15:02Sun Feb 7 15:02:28 2016

Views: 786

Right then where to begin. This was woeful pretty much from start to finish. I would fully exempt Clunis from any criticism but the rest would range from a 1 out of 10 to about a 7 with only 2/3 above a 5.
Inept defending, shocking goalkeeping (for which Phil has apologised for on facebook) and a general attitude of 'turn up to win' ran through our team
Ive a feeling a couple (at least) wont be seeing the end of the season at Dulwich. God only knows what Gavin said after that
Carew is currently playing like a liability, slow moving the ball, 1 or 2 tackles a game and rarely a track back. Waldren constantly exposed by his midfield partner
Clunis has to play on the right please stop with the left thing
McDonald and Scannell are without doubt skilful but at present end product is zero
Hibbert huffed and puffed yesterday but looked like a makeshift fullback after what has been a pretty decent season for him
Erskine doesn't look fit or like hes ever heard of the offside law
RMW didn't beat his full back once
Drages worst game (he may not have been a 100% fit)
Moss keeps scoring he can do no more, we have to remember we have a centre forward who knows where to run in the 18 yard box

Support has to be earnt, it is not a matter of right.
I wont be there Wednesday as im working away
Gavin has a lot of work to do as I believe our performances in the last 3 games have been average at best

reply to this article | return to the front page

3 people like this 3 people   

Re: v VCD

By Pink Panther8/2/2016 13:02Mon Feb 8 13:02:10 2016In response to v VCDTop of thread

Views: 777

Incredibly, seven of our eight league defeats so far have been against sides currently in the bottom half of the table. Only the defeat at Hampton is an exception, and I felt we were exceptionally unlucky to lose that one, where a combination of missed chances while well on top and the referee's total refusal to acknowledge any of several clear holding and manhandling infringements against us inside the box while awarding Hampton a penalty at the other end.

All eight of our defeats have been by the odd goal, whereas thirteen of our eighteen wins by two goals or more. That suggests to me that some of our players may be guilty of complacency or lack of motivation against some of the lesser lights of the division.

You're always going to get the odd game against someone like VCD where the wheels fall off. Trying to put a more positive spin on it, we lost seven games in the first half of the season (the last two champions lost only six in the whole season) but VCD was our first defeat in nine since then.

Luckily no one side have proven outstanding so far, though I really feel we ought to have been capable of being that stand out side ourselves. Anything less than the championship will be an underachievement for me in this season with the squad we have and the lack of outstanding competition. I'm old school, and I want to win the League we've played in since 1907, not just promotion.

reply to this article | return to the front page

2 people like this 2 people   

Previous thread: Staines Town 1-3 Dulwich Hamlet | Highlights & Reaction by footballexclusives.com3/2/2016 21:50Wed Feb 3 21:50:19 2016view thread