ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Unofficial Dulwich Hamlet FC Fans Forum

THIS FORUM IS FOR FANS OF DULWICH HAMLET FC TO AIR THEIR VIEWS BUT IS COMPLETELY INDEPENDENT FOR THE FOOTBALL CLUB

Return to front page

Newest article: Visit Tooting by cabhit3/5 22:34Fri May 3 22:34:38 2019view thread

Oldest article: billericay away by champion20136/4/2014 22:35Sun Apr 6 22:35:44 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Brentwood by bobgee20/2/2016 06:18Sat Feb 20 06:18:07 2016view thread

v Farnboro

By LinesmanIan14/2/2016 08:53Sun Feb 14 08:53:40 2016

Views: 1129

Im afraid the shambles continues. We can point to hitting the bar and post and having chances cleared off the line but schoolboy defending and again poor goalkeeping costs us. Phil backpedalling for crosses has a 'Seamanesque' look about it

Numerous changes made McDonald back and barring his cross for the goal I can remember little from him. Carew in for Dixon, Sow for Jarrett and Sankofa on the bench. Hibbert looking effective at right back today. Clunis remains the one player consistently performing even out of position. Moss did well but missed 2 gilt edged chances

Sow is tidy in midfield and at least moves the ball quickly

Gavin talks about mentality, well clearly the supporters mentality was down with 'only' 1400 in the ground. We lost 600 on a chilly day and 2 defeats

Title gone unless there is a massive turnaround and play offs in the balance. We need leaders on the pitch, Pinnock back, although if one man makes that much difference we are in trouble anyway

By the way Penny got 4 yesterday for Merstham against VCD and a bloke called Campbell scored as well, maybe Kristian?

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person   

Re: v Farnboro

By sportywagon15/2/2016 03:24Mon Feb 15 03:24:01 2016In response to v FarnboroTop of thread

Views: 1010

I agree with pretty much everything you have said Ian. However I don't imagine Phil will mind being compared to David Seaman who was one of the great Keepers of our modern game and who was always remembered for one or two lobs over his head rather than the 1000's of outstanding saves he made over a long and illustrious career.

By malcolm.bateman@btinternet.com15/2/2016 10:59Mon Feb 15 10:59:18 2016In response to Re: v FarnboroTop of thread

Views: 1073

Good morning Andy.... I thought I was the only pink n blue army fan who was up at this time of day.......

By sportywagon15/2/2016 23:41Mon Feb 15 23:41:10 2016In response to Re: v FarnboroTop of thread

Views: 1020

Having an insomniac moment Malcolm.

By footballexclusives.com14/2/2016 15:25Sun Feb 14 15:25:22 2016In response to v FarnboroTop of thread

Views: 1098

Dulwich Hamlet 2-2 Farnborough | Match Highlights
Exclusive highlights from Dulwich Hamlet 2-2 Farnborough at Champion Hill in the Ryman League Premier Division, 13th February 2016.

footballexclusives.com/video/dulwich-hamlet-2-2-farnborough-match-highlights/

Dulwich Hamlet 2-2 Farnborough | Gavin Rose post match reaction
Post match reaction from Dulwich Hamlet Manager Gavin Rose following his sides 2-2 draw against Farnborough in the Ryman League Premier Division, 13th February 2015.

footballexclusives.com/video/dulwich-hamlet-2-2-farnborough-gavin-rose-post-match-reaction/

Dulwich Hamlet 2-2 Farnborough | Spencer Day post match reaction
Post match reaction from Farnborough Manager Spencer Day following his sides 2-2 draw against Dulwich Hamlet in the Ryman League Premier Division, 13th February 2015.

footballexclusives.com/video/dulwich-hamlet-2-2-farnborough-spencer-day-post-match-reaction/

By Pink Panther14/2/2016 12:23Sun Feb 14 12:23:11 2016In response to v FarnboroTop of thread

Views: 1081

That was worse than VCD for me. We should had at least a point at VCD, but the gale force wind was a significant factor IMO, and after an eight match unbeaten run perhaps we were due an off day. I didn't get to Lewes, but yesterday we looked shambolic at times, despite creating enough chances to have hammered them.

We seem to have fallen into the same trap as when the wheels came off last season of making numerous changes from one game to the next. Four changes to the starting XI at Lewes, and another five yesterday. We all have our opinions on what our best starting XI should be, but I know mine doesn't change as radically as that in the space of seven days! Even if some players underperformed at VCD, surely their perfomances in the previous eight unbeaten games should count too?

By sportywagon15/2/2016 01:36Mon Feb 15 01:36:17 2016In response to Re: v FarnboroTop of thread

Views: 1004

Here we go... its that snatching defeat from the jaws of victory all over again. How can a side that looked pretty solid and were scoring freely suddenly implode so dramatically ! This happened last season and the season before if I am not mistaken. I thought with so many changes to personal preseason that it couldn't happen again but it is. I am pleased our game with Wingate has been delayed it may give us a chance to take stock and do some solid training and team bonding. We are not completely out of it yet but if things don't change in a big way against Brentwood then
that's pretty much it for this season. The Ethan injury has undoubtedly been a factor but as was said earlier one player out should not destroy a team and its cohesiveness. There are some especially those with more experience who really need to stand up and be counted during these dark times. Phil has had a bad few games but there are 11 on the pitch and some are not turning up at all and I can remember games earlier in the season we may have lost if it wasn't for saves from Phil.

Previous thread: Supreme Engraving & Awards UK Man of the Match v Farnborough by liamdhfc13/2/2016 08:49Sat Feb 13 08:49:07 2016view thread