ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Unofficial Dulwich Hamlet FC Fans Forum

THIS FORUM IS FOR FANS OF DULWICH HAMLET FC TO AIR THEIR VIEWS BUT IS COMPLETELY INDEPENDENT FOR THE FOOTBALL CLUB

Return to front page

Newest article: TMISOTBG - 2017/18 End Of Season Review by beautifulgame1519/7 20:40Thu Jul 19 20:40:19 2018view thread

Oldest article: billericay away by champion20136/4/2014 22:35Sun Apr 6 22:35:44 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Don'tcha wish we were still in the FA Cup ...don'tcha? by jack18/10/2016 11:48Tue Oct 18 11:48:32 2016view thread

V leatherhead

By LinesmanIan16/10/2016 18:53Sun Oct 16 18:53:32 2016

Views: 577

Well we got a point and showed character to come back from 2 down.
Once again our defences frailties were there to be seen. We let players run at us and then bring them down in dangerous positions
A midfield trio of Beaney, Carew and Tomlin was never going to adequately protect our shaky defence and so it proved

Clunis, DD and Ibra look potent going forward but we need to learn very fast about some basics of defending

Good goal from Ibra and a poachers chance tucked away from Carr after he came on

Leatherhead were poor, very poor yet we still couldn't put them away

Frustrating and looking at Gav and Junior on the bench they feel the same. I dont think players are doing what they are being asked/told

Still, it was a good day out..........................

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: V leatherhead

By Edgar Kail16/10/2016 23:10Sun Oct 16 23:10:56 2016In response to V leatherheadTop of thread

Views: 552

Lucky im not a manager id be doing stupid things like bringing in defenders to wake up the under performing ones we have!

By LinesmanIan17/10/2016 11:20Mon Oct 17 11:20:11 2016In response to Re: V leatherheadTop of thread

Views: 550

Defence isnt cutting it but Beaney and Carew as their protection?

By Pink Panther17/10/2016 13:42Mon Oct 17 13:42:30 2016In response to Re: V leatherheadTop of thread

Views: 664

I'm hoping the nature of the comeback will inspire confidence, but then we've been intermittently demolishing better sides than Leatherhead anyway, i.e. Folkestone, Lowestoft. We really should have won when that gilt-edged chance fell to Tomlin only a couple of minutes after the equaliser.

The defence was shocking again. I don't recall Leatherhead creating any real chances other than the goals, which came out of the blue within seconds of us applying pressure at the other end. The first came from a goal kick that should have been a corner (I don't blame the officials for failing to notice a slight deflection off a defender's leg as Sakajja shot into the side-netting - it won't have been clear from most angles - but nonetheless infuriating to concede as a result. The second came from another counter attack as a forward skipped past weak challenges from Clunis and Carew before a third one from Ming felled him for a dangerous free kick. Not for the first time the whole defensive set up for a set piece looked like an accident waiting to happen. After that all i can remember Leatherhead creating was a few corners that didn't amount to much, then another free kick in a similar position right near the end which led to shots blocked in the goalmouth an a corner.

It didn't help that Weatherstone was missing (ill, I understand), but surely Taylor would have stiffened us defensively? Admittedly he's probably short of match practice, so maybe there's good reason not to start him just yet. Ming at right back looks a real weak link to me, although Green looked more sound defensively than in the past. Carew & Beaney together have the same shortcomings when we lose possession, i.e. lack of pace and inability to win the ball back, leaving opponents are running at the defenders with momentum.

At times our attacking play was wonderfully fluent in the final third, but the keeper wasn't worked nearly as much as he needed to be. Dumaka is a huge bonus for me - he was the best centre forward I saw in this league last season with Grays, where he scored 18 in 24 league games before his transfer to Maidstone.

Edited by Pink Panther at 13:49:50 on 17th October 2016

1 person likes this 1 person   

Previous thread: V Bognor by LinesmanIan9/10/2016 10:09Sun Oct 9 10:09:54 2016view thread