ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Unofficial Dulwich Hamlet FC Fans Forum

THIS FORUM IS FOR FANS OF DULWICH HAMLET FC TO AIR THEIR VIEWS BUT IS COMPLETELY INDEPENDENT FOR THE FOOTBALL CLUB

Return to front page

Newest article: What is Hydro smoke? by jenniferalena3Yesterday 18:58Yesterday at 18:58:12view thread

Oldest article: billericay away by champion20136/4/2014 22:35Sun Apr 6 22:35:44 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Shirts by gurk11/8/2014 14:33Mon Aug 11 14:33:16 2014view thread

Hamlet 3 Harrow 2

By Pink Panther (legacy user)11/8/2014 11:21Mon Aug 11 11:21:05 2014

Views: 2031

Not much interest on here about our opening day win, which was at least our fourth in a row, possibly fifth as I don't recall who we played on the first day in 2010.

With five new signings in the starting XI and places for a couple of players who weren't regulars last season it was a bit of an unfamiliar looking Hamlet side, but they absolutely battered Harrow for the first twenty minutes, going two goals ahead before the visitors even managed an attack, and frankly it wouldn't have flattered us if we'd had three or four by that stage. I missed the first goal after four minutes as I was still buying a programme, thanks to a 176 bus driver operating his vehicle at the speed of a milk float and pausing at every request stop even when nobody wanted to get on or off, but Samuels apparently passed the ball into teh bottom corner from the edge of the box. Samuels was also the second scorer, this time aiming a beautifully struck shot from the left hand corner of the box inside the far post.

I felt we'd begun to look a little complacent towards half time, and when James & Lodge both departed early in the second half, the latter following an appalling foul, Harrow came much more into the game. I thought the referee had an excellent game and can't recall any errors or even dubious decisions, but he really should have shown the Harrow number 6 a straight red card for serious foul play. This was the consensus of opinion from various Hamlet fans on all sides of the ground. It was a late and dangerous challenge, nowhere close to playing the ball, their player's whole body language screamed "I'm going to 'do' this bloke". Harrow pulled one back midway through the half when their centre forward turned inside on the edge of the box and beat the advancing Wilson with a perfect chip shot. It wasn't long before the two goal lead was restored when Hamici was played in to the right of goal and hammered a fierce rising shot in off the far post. However Harrow responded again with a second goal, one of their substitutes firing into the far corner from a wide angle on the left, but although the pressed hard for an equaliser Hamlet held out.

Team (4-3-3): Wilson - Kamara, Forbes(c), Pinnock, Patterson - Carew, James, Samuels - Lodge, Hamici, Clunis.
Subs used: Hibbert, Neita, Vidal.
Attendance: 607

And the Brixton Buzz view:

http://www.brixtonbuzz.com/2014/08/opening-day-win-for-dulwich-hamlet-as-home-team-hang-on-for-3-2-victory-over-harrow/

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Hamlet 3 Harrow 2

By The Pink & Blue (legacy user)11/8/2014 20:05Mon Aug 11 20:05:30 2014In response to Hamlet 3 Harrow 2Top of thread

Views: 1900

Thanks! But what happened to the forum?

Up the Hamlet!!!!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: Greendales Proposal on Southwark Website by Griff8/8/2014 10:28Fri Aug 8 10:28:00 2014view thread