ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Unofficial Dulwich Hamlet FC Fans Forum

THIS FORUM IS FOR FANS OF DULWICH HAMLET FC TO AIR THEIR VIEWS BUT IS COMPLETELY INDEPENDENT FOR THE FOOTBALL CLUB

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: No subject by triple3713/6 18:39Wed Jun 3 18:39:05 2020view thread

Oldest article: billericay away by champion20136/4/2014 22:35Sun Apr 6 22:35:44 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Non League Day v Hampton by Hampton Fan4/9/2014 15:31Thu Sep 4 15:31:03 2014view thread

billericay

By son of salt (legacy user)31/8/2014 00:07Sun Aug 31 00:07:22 2014

Views: 2371

no news from Essex chaps ?

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: billericay

By Griff (legacy user)31/8/2014 08:35Sun Aug 31 08:35:15 2014In response to billericayTop of thread

Views: 2235

A group of Hamlet stragglers won the quiz in the bar later in the evening. Unfortunately the football did not have such a happy outcome.

“They make their tongues as sharp as a serpent’s; the poison of vipers is on their lips.” — Psalm 140:3

Help the Hamlet - Sign up to the 1893 Club from as little as one pound a month. Click here to find out more.

Lost 2-1

By linesmanian (legacy user)31/8/2014 09:46Sun Aug 31 09:46:37 2014In response to Re: billericayTop of thread

Views: 2238

A close game against a surprisingly small Billericay side , the 2 lumps at the back aside. Fairly even first with little of note although Inigo did give off a couple of hints ofthings to come with crosses being misjudged
We took the lead just after ht through new striker Graham. I was behind the stand the and didnt see it!

After that we didnt have a shot of note and conceded to a corner almost identical to every one we take and a fluffed cross that was bundled in. We also headed two off the line
We desperately need some of our injured players back but that doeant look likely for a fortnight
We played better than Monday but against a weaker side

Onward to Tuesday

Billericay 2 Hamlet 1

By Pink Panther (legacy user)1/9/2014 11:45Mon Sep 1 11:45:18 2014In response to Lost 2-1Top of thread

Views: 2274

Hamlet were still missing all six of the injured players who missed the Leatherhead game (James, Samuels, Ottaway, Clunis, Lodge, McDonald) but were reinforced by new striker Bagasan Graham, previously with QPR, Cheltenham Town (8 Football League appearances and Chelmsford City. This was more disappointing than last Monday's defeat for me, as Leatherehead played well to defeat us whereas I didns' think Billericay looked all that good and felt they were there for the taking. If we'd had maybe three of the missing six available I think we could have turned them over. (In fairness I've no idea whether or not our opponents were at or close to full strength.)

The first half was uneventful on a poor bumpy pitch. Hamlet passed the ball well in the middle third whiel Billericay's more direct approach exerted more obvious pressure on our goal without really leading to clear chances. Our best effort of the half was a fierce 30 yard drive from Hibbert that unsettled the keeper, who shovelled it around the post for a corner. Graham had one decent chance that went just wide of the near post.

The second half began in exciting fashion as Echepare made a great save with Patterson clearing a follow up effort of the line with a spectacular flying header. Within a minute Patterson was releasing Grahm through the middle with a fine through ball and the debutant coolly drew the keeper before chipping his shot into the oppostie corner of the net. For a while we seemed comfortable defending against anything Billericay could offer, and Graham was close to doubling our lead with a downward header from a corner that flashed just wide, but after Echepare had made a brilliant diving save we conceded the equaliser from a near post corner. We might have had a penalty when an off the ball spat ended with a defender stupidly shoving Hamici to the floor while the ball was in play twenty yards aay, but understandably the officials' attention was elsewhere. By now we were looking second best and the decisive goal came when a near post cross eluded Echepare and was scrambled over the line. Billericay had one of ther substitutes sent off for a second yellow card following a crude foul on Mansaray on the far touchline, but there wasn't enough time left to take advantage. The referee added a rather skinny four minutes of stoppage time in a half that included three goals, six substitutions, two significant stoppages for treatment to injured players, several bookings and a red card as well as some blatant timewasting, notably when the dismissed player covered the seventy yards to the tunnel at the speed of a luggage-laden tourist changing platforms at a Central London tube station.

Team (4-3-3): Echepare - Kamara, Forbes, Pinnock, Gonsalves - Carew, Hibbert, Vidal - Neita, Graham, Patterson.
Subs used: Hamici (for Graham), Mansaray (for Neita), Boyle (for Carew), Hysi, Reid (not used)
Attendance: 345

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/dulwichhamlet/videos/dulwich-win-the-championship-with-this-goal-by-xavier-vidal-dulwich-hamlet-1--1-burgess-hill-town-on-the-2742013-39661.html

re

By garethwrexy (legacy user)1/9/2014 12:49Mon Sep 1 12:49:16 2014In response to Billericay 2 Hamlet 1Top of thread

Views: 2162

did take many away fans ?

sunday march24th fa trophy final wrexham 1-1 grimsby but won 4-1 on pens !!!!!!

Re: re

By Inbetweener (legacy user)1/9/2014 17:02Mon Sep 1 17:02:10 2014In response to reTop of thread

Views: 2183

I wasn't there, but I was told about seventy Hamlet fans made the trip.

Away numbers

By East Dulwich Chels (legacy user)1/9/2014 18:46Mon Sep 1 18:46:59 2014In response to Re: reTop of thread

Views: 2243

I couldn't make this one either, odd how it fluctuates between matches. Closer than Leiston but a smaller number present although still impressive. Maybe the new grounds for some will always have more of an interest. Lets see what happens in a few years time at the third or fourth visit to some of these places.

Re: Away numbers

By Griff (legacy user)2/9/2014 08:54Tue Sep 2 08:54:22 2014In response to Away numbersTop of thread

Views: 2160

A few might have been put off by the problems with the trains at Liverpool Street with shed loads of cancellations caused by a person hit by a train at Romford.

“They make their tongues as sharp as a serpent’s; the poison of vipers is on their lips.” — Psalm 140:3

Help the Hamlet - Sign up to the 1893 Club from as little as one pound a month. Click here to find out more.

Re: Away numbers

By Pink Panther (legacy user)2/9/2014 13:12Tue Sep 2 13:12:01 2014In response to Re: Away numbersTop of thread

Views: 2156

Yes, anyone checking travel details around midday may well have thought it too much hassle to get there with train services suspended at one point. (I was oblivious to that but I think the train I caught from Stratford at 1242 was the first one running normally after the delay.) Also we only visited Billericay in April. There were around 40 Hamlet fans behind the goal in the second half and my rule of thumb is that usually means there is likely to be a similar number of away fans along the two sides.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/dulwichhamlet/videos/dulwich-win-the-championship-with-this-goal-by-xavier-vidal-dulwich-hamlet-1--1-burgess-hill-town-on-the-2742013-39661.html

Yup, 70-80 I'd say...

By DESSIEKILLSGEESE (legacy user)2/9/2014 13:54Tue Sep 2 13:54:35 2014In response to Re: Away numbersTop of thread

Views: 2151

Though it felt a bit more sparse (and certainly less noisy) behind the goal than many other recent away trips. Which I guess is just a great sign of how our away following has blossomed over the last year or so. Positive is as positive does. Let's hope the rise keeps rising...

Previous thread: Ice Bucket Challenge by Inbetweener29/8/2014 09:35Fri Aug 29 09:35:56 2014view thread