ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Unofficial Dulwich Hamlet FC Fans Forum

THIS FORUM IS FOR FANS OF DULWICH HAMLET FC TO AIR THEIR VIEWS BUT IS COMPLETELY INDEPENDENT FOR THE FOOTBALL CLUB

Return to front page

Newest article: Visit Tooting by cabhit3/5 22:34Fri May 3 22:34:38 2019view thread

Oldest article: billericay away by champion20136/4/2014 22:35Sun Apr 6 22:35:44 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Dulwich Football Gnomes by bobgee13/9/2014 11:38Sat Sep 13 11:38:29 2014view thread

v margate

By son of salt (legacy user)2/9/2014 21:46Tue Sep 2 21:46:39 2014

Views: 2993

WE WIN

reply to this article | return to the front page

Highlights

By Football Exclusives (legacy user)11/9/2014 14:30Thu Sep 11 14:30:38 2014In response to v margateTop of thread

Views: 2385

Highlights from this match, including the LAST MINUTE WINNER:

http://footballexclusives.com/video/dulwich-hamlet-2-1-margate-match-highlights-with-commentary-2/

we won

By champion hillybillly (legacy user)2/9/2014 23:14Tue Sep 2 23:14:21 2014In response to v margateTop of thread

Views: 2859

Oh did we! Chewy's equaliser - sublime! The winner, nutmegging the keeper in the last seconds after Phil kept us in it with great saves in the 15 minute period before where we were praying we'd hold on to the draw. Glory Days! Thank you Gav - Substitutions were inspired.

v margate

By Michael (legacy user)2/9/2014 22:33Tue Sep 2 22:33:30 2014In response to v margateTop of thread

Views: 2894

WE WIN

Hamlet 2 Margate 1

By Pink Panther (legacy user)3/9/2014 09:59Wed Sep 3 09:59:04 2014In response to v margateTop of thread

Views: 2876

A memorable win in a high quality contest that could have swung either way at the end of an exhilarating second half. As it happened a goal from the last meaningful kick of the match gave Hamlet the kudos of being the first club to defeat what is reputedly the most expensively assembled team in Isthmian League history. Having a couple of our injured players back (Samuels & James) plus the reliable Wilson in goal in favour of the more unpredictable Echepare made all the difference, although we still looked a bit light up front with Clunis, Ottaway, Lodge and McDonald joined on the injured list by latest signing Graham.

To begin with Hamlet looked a bit overawed by the visitors, sitting very deep and soaking up a lot of pressure in our own half, something I don't recall seeing at Champion Hill since the first part of our very first game back in the Premier Division against Lowestoft last year. We fell behind after fifteen minutes when Margate's number 7 beat Wilson with a stunning first time shot from outsdie the box that whistled into the top corner. For a while after that it looked like a damage limitation exercise, but towards the end of the half we gained a foothold, enjoying more possession in their half and Vidal troubled the keeper with a ferocious long range strike that was rather unconvincingly beaten out.

A cynical foul around 35 yards from goal paved the way for a Hamlet equaliser just before the hour. Carew chipped the free kick into the box where it was headed away back to him. Given a second chance to deliver he lofted a high ball back towards the penalty spot; possibly distracted by James loitering well offside but remaining static the Gate defenders failed to track Gonsalves, drifting forward, who trapped the ball dead near the penalty spot before confidently slamming it past the keeper. The rest of the second half was end-to-end stuff with chances at both ends and nothing to really choose between the two sides. As stoppage time approached I had the fatalistic feeling that Margate's extra depth of quality and experience would enable them to snatch a late winner, but instead it came at the other end. Hamici chased down a long ball up the left flank, muscled his marker out of the way, then carried the ball into the box and drilled a fierce shot past the keeper from a tight angle to send the home crowd into ecstacy. I thought there would inevitably be several more minutes of stoppage time to play and was surprised the referee didn't attempt to curtail the lengthy celebrations of our players behind the goal, but when play did restart the final whistle blew immediately.

A great victory for our manager and players. Our squad of 16 included six Academy products, with teenagers Mansaray & Boyle playing a full part as substitutes during the finale, using their pace and enthusiasm to good effect on the wings to stretch the visiting defence. By contrast the 20 pen pictures for Margate players in the programme revealed not one of them was homegrown, and 19 of them have first team experience at Conference or Football League level. Only the left back Jack Bennett (recruited from Hendon in the Summer) has never played above Isthmian League.

Team (4-3-3): Wilson - Kamara, Forbes(c), Pinnock, Gonsalves - Carew, Samuels, Vidal - Hibbert, James, Neita.
Subs: Mansaray (for Neita), Hamici (for James), Boyle (for Hibbert), Patterson, Hysi (not used).
Attendance: 811

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/dulwichhamlet/videos/dulwich-win-the-championship-with-this-goal-by-xavier-vidal-dulwich-hamlet-1--1-burgess-hill-town-on-the-2742013-39661.html

And the view from Brixton Buzz

By Pink Panther (legacy user)3/9/2014 11:28Wed Sep 3 11:28:06 2014In response to Hamlet 2 Margate 1Top of thread

Views: 2970

http://www.brixtonbuzz.com/2014/09/moneybags-margate-mullered-by-magnificent-dulwich-hamlet-in-2-1-thriller/

[MEDIA=facebook]10152685165889847[/MEDIA]

brixton buzz

By garethwrexy (legacy user)3/9/2014 19:38Wed Sep 3 19:38:41 2014In response to And the view from Brixton BuzzTop of thread

Views: 2744

is a great site, who runs it by the way ?

sunday march24th fa trophy final wrexham 1-1 grimsby but won 4-1 on pens !!!!!!

Last night

By LinesmanIan (legacy user)3/9/2014 13:46Wed Sep 3 13:46:20 2014In response to And the view from Brixton BuzzTop of thread

Views: 2802

Just a tremendous result. Our second half performance was outstanding against a team clearly a cut above others at this level

Terry Brown suggesting his team weren't clinical, well to be fair we had many a chance as well

I saw the subs warming up, theirs with their conference south experience and Boyle, Mansaray and Hysi for us. 2 Ryman starts between them. Boyle is getting better with each sub appearance. He has no fear and the wing looks like where he can operate

Samuels, Carew, Pinnock, Forbes and Wilson were stand out but every one played their part

At the end you could tell our players knew they had pulled of a great result and we are seen as one of the better sides in the league. I cant see the Margate cash juggernaut being stopped many times but it was joy to see it last night

On a slight tangent, Lewis Taylor the injured Margate player who went off with a suspected Broken cheek gets his haircut at the same place as me

Re: Last night

By Michael (legacy user)3/9/2014 15:52Wed Sep 3 15:52:13 2014In response to Last nightTop of thread

Views: 2765

Any Billy Crook news?

Did you notice his dad is called originalpapacrook on twitter?

No prizes for who is thenewpapacrook....

Margate forum - the irony

By LinesmanIan (legacy user)4/9/2014 10:25Thu Sep 4 10:25:55 2014In response to Re: Last nightTop of thread

Views: 2818

A thread on the Margate forum titled 'Thats their Cup Final out of the way' then goes on to mention how we are having a pop at them on ours...........................

Re: Margate forum - the irony

By Pink Panther (legacy user)4/9/2014 14:03Thu Sep 4 14:03:42 2014In response to Margate forum - the ironyTop of thread

Views: 2744

Our 'cup final' will be when we turn them over again in the play-off final after Maidstone have pipped tham to the championship!

Hmmm...

By funandfunky (legacy user)4/9/2014 14:46Thu Sep 4 14:46:50 2014In response to Re: Margate forum - the ironyTop of thread

Views: 2648

Well, I think there are some Margate fans who are so arrogant and full of themselves that they simply can't cope with being beaten; they feel they have a 'divine right' to win matches, and when they don't, they either sulk by completely withdrawing from reality until the next time they thump another team (as demonstrated by no posts from Margate supporters on the Isthmian League forum I'm a member of, since their defeat), or they display their arrogance and stupidity with comments like the one on their forum. It's pointless arguing with such people, as they are too proud and blind to humble themselves and see anyone but themselves as the centre of the universe.

On the other hand, there are 1 or 2 intelligent and generous comments from Margate supporters on the same thread. I also thought Terry Brown's post-match interview was honest and generous towards Dulwich, while also expressing his understandable disappointment with the defeat.

There's a lesson here in the importance of continuing to communicate and maintain a positive outlook when things are going badly; hard to do, but I think we do it pretty well at Dulwich at the moment. Let's keep it up!

Er...

By G_Man (legacy user)4/9/2014 22:49Thu Sep 4 22:49:27 2014In response to Hmmm...Top of thread

Views: 2691

I may or may not have gone full on G Man on the Margate forum. I personally think I was being friendly in my own way but I think some of them will veer clear of me on January 17th. Cup final? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Re: Er...

By G_Man (legacy user)4/9/2014 22:50Thu Sep 4 22:50:32 2014In response to Er...Top of thread

Views: 2621

The instability card was mentioned. I'll take that.

By Scrooge (legacy user)6/9/2014 10:07Sat Sep 6 10:07:26 2014In response to Re: Er...Top of thread

Views: 2544

Jason Prior came on for Margate on Tuesday - am I right in thinking he's the one that scored about a thousand goals for Bognor in the Ryman South and got a move to a football league club?

By westwickham pink (legacy user)6/9/2014 10:09Sat Sep 6 10:09:46 2014In response to Re: Er...Top of thread

Views: 2556

Yep,that's the one who couldn't stop scoring.moved to Newcastle an I think AFC

By Griff (legacy user)6/9/2014 20:29Sat Sep 6 20:29:39 2014In response to Re: Er...Top of thread

Views: 2521

unfortunately suffered a sickening leg break by all accounts but fighting back.

“They make their tongues as sharp as a serpent’s; the poison of vipers is on their lips.” — Psalm 140:3

Help the Hamlet - Sign up to the 1893 Club from as little as one pound a month. Click here to find out more.

Jason Prior

By Pink Panther (legacy user)7/9/2014 10:33Sun Sep 7 10:33:40 2014In response to Re: Er...Top of thread

Views: 2513

He actually had an extended trial at Newcastle midway through the 2011/12 season, then joined Wimbledon and got a bad injury shortly afterwards. Presuambly he was under contract to the end of last season and was then released.

Bognor initially replaced him by signing Ashley Robinson, who featured in the Bognor side that defeted Hamlet in the 2012 play-off final and was also voted into the D1S team of the year by opposition managers.

Previous thread: Dulwich Hamlet Team Ice Bucket Challenge by Football Exclusives11/9/2014 14:02Thu Sep 11 14:02:56 2014view thread