ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Unofficial Dulwich Hamlet FC Fans Forum

THIS FORUM IS FOR FANS OF DULWICH HAMLET FC TO AIR THEIR VIEWS BUT IS COMPLETELY INDEPENDENT FOR THE FOOTBALL CLUB

Return to front page

Newest article: Visit Tooting by cabhit3/5 22:34Fri May 3 22:34:38 2019view thread

Oldest article: billericay away by champion20136/4/2014 22:35Sun Apr 6 22:35:44 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: VCD Athletic 0-3 Dulwich Hamlet | Match Highlights with Commentary by footballexclusives.com17/9/2014 11:43Wed Sep 17 11:43:50 2014view thread

match thread

By garethwrexy (legacy user)13/9/2014 08:10Sat Sep 13 08:10:48 2014

Views: 3114

updates here v Worthing ,

sunday march24th fa trophy final wrexham 1-1 grimsby but won 4-1 on pens !!!!!!

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: match thread

By westwickham pink (legacy user)13/9/2014 15:55Sat Sep 13 15:55:50 2014In response to match threadTop of thread

Views: 2994

Half Time pink n blue army 0 worthing 2

and

By garethwrexy (legacy user)13/9/2014 10:46Sat Sep 13 10:46:00 2014In response to match threadTop of thread

Views: 2991

good luck to the supporters team !

sunday march24th fa trophy final wrexham 1-1 grimsby but won 4-1 on pens !!!!!!

re :and

By son of salt (legacy user)13/9/2014 17:14Sat Sep 13 17:14:58 2014In response to and Top of thread

Views: 3032

only you and me here gareth , the two exiles
first team lost 3 - 0
supporters lost 7 - 3 (approx.)

today

By linesmanian (legacy user)13/9/2014 18:52Sat Sep 13 18:52:06 2014In response to re :and Top of thread

Views: 2998

Nothing to say apart from shocking. Gavin threatened to wield the axe on friday. I really cant see some players aurviving

Hamlet 0 Worthing 3

By Pink Panther (legacy user)14/9/2014 11:08Sun Sep 14 11:08:55 2014In response to todayTop of thread

Views: 3042

I was fortunate enough to miss the first half thanks to my own disorganisation, but it sounds like our team didn't turn up either. This was our most humiliating defeat for several seasons and I'm not quite sure where it came from. Wednesday night's defeat at Grays was deflating, but that's an awkward sort of fixture against a fairly tough Premier Division side. Yesterday we were beaten at home by three goals by a lower division team, and Worthing didn't appear to be flattered by their margin of victory. I don't recall us having a really good attempt at goal during the second half, the highlight of which was a superb solo goal by a Worthing player weaving past a series of ineffectual challenges before shooting inside the far post from a narrow angle.

Carew & James were missing, which didn't help, along with Clunis, Lodge and Ottaway, but we fielded our strongest back four. Pinnock limped off a few minutes after being clattered by an unacceptably late challenge, while youngster Shaun McCoulsky showed a few nice touches on his first team debut.

The players were kept in the dressing room until around 6.15pm after the match and I suspect we will see some changes in personnel over the next couple of weeks. We had a similar episode around this stage two seasons ago, with injuries, regular players losing form, cup exits at Romford and Arlesey plus back-to-back league defeatss at Corinthian Casuals and Maidstone and emerged as champions at the end of April, so it will be interesting to see what happens next.

Team (4-2-3-1): Echepare - Kamara, Forbes(c), Pinnock, Gonsalves - I.Mansaray, Samuels - A.Mansaray, McDonald, Vidal - Hamici.
Subs used: Hibbert, Boyle, McCoulsky.
Attendance: 489

Injuries

By Hamlet Man (legacy user)14/9/2014 12:59Sun Sep 14 12:59:06 2014In response to Hamlet 0 Worthing 3Top of thread

Views: 2857

Its such a frustrating situation. Our budget is relatively tiny compared to the bigger clubs and consequently in order to attract good players we have to pay the market rate. Therefore we have a very small squad and we make up the rest of it with Academy players. Carew, Clunis, James, Lodge and Ottaway are huge losses and are irreplaceable. We have a starting X1 that can compete with the best in this league but when you lose half of it with nothing to fall back on then you can expect some poor results. I'm not sure what changes Gav can make unless he loses patience with some of the players on the injury list, gets rid of them and brings in some new faces. Unless he feels Kamara and McDonald aren't cutting the mustard?

Budget

By LinesmanIan (legacy user)14/9/2014 15:09Sun Sep 14 15:09:36 2014In response to InjuriesTop of thread

Views: 2827

Is it that small bar Margate and Maidstone? Im not so sure now

Re: Budget

By Moroccan sunset (legacy user)14/9/2014 17:37Sun Sep 14 17:37:58 2014In response to BudgetTop of thread

Views: 2782

Have to agree with Linesman Ian. I'd add Kingstonian to that 'money' list with Margate and Maidstone, especially after I know roughly what Tommy Kavanagh gets paid there! All the same, I know what the playing budget is at DHFC and gone are the days where we paid £30-50 a week for a player. While i dont know exactly what certain players are on, our budget must be being spent somewhere and so at the minute, I'm not seeing a lot of value for money. Theres some experienced players in the squad now who wont be on bad money and currently they aint performing well enough. Either under-performing, experienced players need to be released to free up some budget or we're generally paying too much for some of the players.

By Oxford K (legacy user)15/9/2014 13:43Mon Sep 15 13:43:19 2014In response to Re: BudgetTop of thread

Views: 2738

Sorry for butting in, but our (K's) budget is not even in the same ballpark as Margate and Maidstone's, who are paying top Conference South wages (and in Margate's case, Conference National wages).

I would be astonished if you had a small budget compared to the average in the league - if you do where on earth is all the gate money going?!

-------
The Kingston Road End (blog)

By Moroccan sunset (legacy user)15/9/2014 14:07Mon Sep 15 14:07:30 2014In response to Re: BudgetTop of thread

Views: 2656

No fair point. What I was trying to say is that while youre not paying the same as the likes of Margate and Maidstone you still have a budget thats far more substantial than ours.

Budget

By Liam (legacy user)15/9/2014 14:06Mon Sep 15 14:06:46 2014In response to Re: BudgetTop of thread

Views: 2701

Everybody always looks at income without looking at outgoings. If we play once every 2 weeks at home then effectively that income has to cover 2 weeks wages for players (plus coach hire for an away game) if the ancillary income doesn't cover any shortfall (gym, car wash, bar etc). The site gets charged a fortune in business rates because of the size of the buildings (3 floors)and the utilities are large. There is almost certainly a loss on Fisher every time they play because our owners recognise the need to help them survive so they can return home to Bermondsey. The business has to "wash its face" as there isn't a team of rich individuals who can make up any shortfall.

Whatever the budget

By LinesmanIan (legacy user)15/9/2014 14:53Mon Sep 15 14:53:54 2014In response to BudgetTop of thread

Views: 2696

and its all a bit of guesswork and he said and she said. Last 2 games we haven't got value. Gavin and the team know that.

Re: Whatever the budget

By Pink Panther (legacy user)17/9/2014 09:28Wed Sep 17 09:28:57 2014In response to Whatever the budgetTop of thread

Views: 2608

I would imagine our budget is fairly typical of the clubs that finished in the top ten last season. Maybe Lowestoft (and possibly Hornchurch, given how they gaumped us for Stefan Payne) apart from Hendon I doubt anyone was paying a lot less than anyone else.

Margate are obviously paying silly money; Maidstone may be paying more than us, and why wouldn't they be able to afford to given the size of their crowds and modern facilities?

I wouldn't have thought Kingstonian's budget is a lot different to ours. I don't reckon money had anything to do with the Tommy Kavanagh transfer saga, I reckon he simply backed the wrong horse in thinking we were a better bet for promotion (as we were top when he joined us while K's were dropping and looking likely to miss the play offs) then during the summer he probably realised he was happier there in the first place.

I sick of hearing people playing the "poverty card", and being so close to central London we can surely pick up local players like Carew & Forbes for a fair bit less than Margate have to pay for London-based players, regardless of whether or not they have almost limitless funding.

Previous thread: HIGHLIGHTS: Grays Athletic 1-0 Dulwich Hamlet by Football Exclusives11/9/2014 16:54Thu Sep 11 16:54:37 2014view thread