ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Unofficial Dulwich Hamlet FC Fans Forum

THIS FORUM IS FOR FANS OF DULWICH HAMLET FC TO AIR THEIR VIEWS BUT IS COMPLETELY INDEPENDENT FOR THE FOOTBALL CLUB

Return to front page

Newest article: Visit Tooting by cabhit3/5 22:34Fri May 3 22:34:38 2019view thread

Oldest article: billericay away by champion20136/4/2014 22:35Sun Apr 6 22:35:44 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: For those that love a cavery by Griff29/9/2014 14:03Mon Sep 29 14:03:59 2014view thread

Hamlet 3 Fingate 3

By Pink Panther (legacy user)24/9/2014 11:20Wed Sep 24 11:20:49 2014

Views: 2470

A very entertaining match that Hamlet really ought to have won on balance of play, but the visitors always looked a threat on the attack and went home with a well earned point.

The first half was goalless and took place mostly in the Wingate half, but clear chances were relatively hard to come by. Hamlet wern't helped by a string of ofside decisions going against our forwards, a couple of which were highly debatable, and one of which was clearly wrong when two of our forwards (I think it was McCoulsky and Vidal) timed their runs to perfection as a pass (I think from Carew) came straight through the middle from our own half. I was right in line with that and the last defender got caught flatfooted as two opponents went past him on either side. It would have taken a hell of a balls-up not to capitalise on the scoring chance had the flag stayed down.

The second half had only just started when a clumsy foul 25 yards from goal gave Carew a dead ball opportunity, but his venomous dipping effort over the wall smacked against the face of the crossbar just inside the near post. Soon afterwards we were behind from the penalty spot after a forward was brought down racing directly at goal from the left corner of the box. The equaliser was worth waiting for as Vidal received the ball on the edge of the box, coolly sized up his options as defenders rushed at him, then hit an inch-perfect chip shot over the players in front of him that cleared the keeper and bounced up into the roof of the net via the underside of the crossbar. The game really caught fire after that. Hamlet went in front with another great strike as Ibrahim Mansaray got free to the left of goal and whipped a fierce shot into the far corner. Wingate bounced back when a low cross from their left wing found its way beyond the far post and a forward coming in on the blind side converted from close range. Hamlet regained the lead with less than ten minutes to go when Carew sent a lobbed diagonal pass into the box from the left and Vidal arrived on the end of it with perfect timing to volley majestically past the keeper, but the visitors hit back again when a far post cross was headed in. After that I thought we seemed to apnic a bit and Wingate looked like they might nick all three points during the few remaining minutes.

An excellent contest, infinitely better than Saturday's scrappy win against Hornchurch, with Oshane Brown loooking solid enough in goal on his debut, while Fraser Shaw (ex-Billericay) slotted in at left back and looked impressive going forward, especially in the second half. Having Clunis back after five weeks out was a big help. On the whole though a bit of a sloppy performance as our brilliantly executed goals were negated by some more preventable ones at the other end. One way or another we seem to give away a huge number of free kicks inside our own half, often giving opponents a threatening set piece opportunity with careless challenges on players who were posing no immediate threat.

Team (4-3-1-2): Brown - Hibbert, Gonsalves(c), Pinnock, Shaw - Carew, I.Mansaray, Samuels - Vidal - Clunis, McCoulsky.
Subs: Robinson (for I.Mansaray), Kamara (for Clunis), A.Mansaray (for Hibbert), Hysi, Mendy (not used).
Attendance: 514

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Hamlet 3 Fingate 3

By the 12th man (legacy user)25/9/2014 23:46Thu Sep 25 23:46:12 2014In response to Hamlet 3 Fingate 3Top of thread

Views: 2181

Oshane Brown's league debut. He played against Tooting in the league cup last season.

By Michael (legacy user)26/9/2014 00:17Fri Sep 26 00:17:33 2014In response to Re: Hamlet 3 Fingate 3Top of thread

Views: 2134

Was this him in the league? I enjoyed that league game :-(

Harrow Borough v Dulwich Hamlet - 7th September, …: http://youtu.be/ZLiptnZNlSA

By Pink Panther (legacy user)28/9/2014 13:17Sun Sep 28 13:17:55 2014In response to Re: Hamlet 3 Fingate 3Top of thread

Views: 2025

No, that was Paul Idem.

By Michael (legacy user)28/9/2014 13:21Sun Sep 28 13:21:34 2014In response to Re: Hamlet 3 Fingate 3Top of thread

Views: 2017

I looked for a team sheet but could not find one. I seem to have been hating all the wrong goalkeepers... He is still Merstham man though, right, right?

My love for Phil conquers all!

By Liam (legacy user)25/9/2014 20:18Thu Sep 25 20:18:58 2014In response to Hamlet 3 Fingate 3Top of thread

Views: 2151

Highlights are now available at www.footballexclusives.com

Remember that for every Premium Membership the club receives £2 each month for the 12th Man Scheme.

Previous thread: Poetry fanzine on sale on Tuesday: by Inbetweeener26/9/2014 15:31Fri Sep 26 15:31:26 2014view thread