ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Unofficial Dulwich Hamlet FC Fans Forum

THIS FORUM IS FOR FANS OF DULWICH HAMLET FC TO AIR THEIR VIEWS BUT IS COMPLETELY INDEPENDENT FOR THE FOOTBALL CLUB

Return to front page

Newest article: Visit Tooting by cabhit3/5 22:34Fri May 3 22:34:38 2019view thread

Oldest article: billericay away by champion20136/4/2014 22:35Sun Apr 6 22:35:44 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Luke Wanadio insists joining Dulwich Hamlet was a no brainer & targets promotion by Football Exclusives22/12/2014 15:57Mon Dec 22 15:57:52 2014view thread

WATCH: Dulwich Hamlet 1-0 Witham Town | Match highlights with commentary

By footballexclusives.com (legacy user)21/12/2014 10:55Sun Dec 21 10:55:18 2014

Views: 2632

WATCH: Dulwich Hamlet 1-0 Witham Town | Match highlights with commentary: bit.ly/Dul1-0Wit

Exclusive highlights for Dulwich Hamlet 1-0 Witham Town at Champion Hill in the Ryman Premier League. Football Exclusives share all monies raised though our Premium Membership with YOUR Non-League Football Club and YOUR Clubs Local Community. For every £5 Monthly Premium Membership, we give your club:

- £1 to spend on whatever they want
- £1 towards a local community project which includes the 12th Man Fund

reply to this article | return to the front page

Hamlet 1 Witham 0

By Pink Panther (legacy user)21/12/2014 11:51Sun Dec 21 11:51:30 2014In response to WATCH: Dulwich Hamlet 1-0 Witham Town | Match highlights with commentaryTop of thread

Views: 2469

A bit of a hard slog in the end against a determined and abrasive visiting side. I don't think Witham had a real attempt at goal until after half time, by which time the Hamlet could have been out of sight with a bit more luck and slightly sharper finishing.

Hamlet were denied a clear penalty after five minutes when a defender almost pulled the shirt off Koroma's back as he turned inside the box. From fifty yards away at the back of the stand I sould see the number 9 on our man's back was almost under his armpit, so how the referee failed to notice from at least five times closer and with no other players in the way is beyond me. I suspect the reality is that referees like to ignore these fouls as they know they can't possible see all of them when goalmouths are crowded at set pieces, so if they give none of them they won't be accused of inconsistency. The trouble is that in a one sided match wwhere one team is doing most of the attacking, all the decisions go against the same team.

Our best effort of the first half was a powerful hader by Koroma that was brilliantly saved by the keeper at his near post, while Witham made life difficult by hounding us relentlessly to deny us time and space on the ball. I didn't think they could possibly keep that up for ninety minutes, and so it proved as we begam to pull them around after half time using the entire width of the pitch. Patience paid off on the hour when the ball was passed insdie to Vidal, twenty five yards out in a central position, and he fired a spectacular first time shot into the keeper's top left hand corner - a real Christmas Cracker!

Former Hampton winger Luke Wanadio made his debut for Hamlet. I thought he was their best player when we won there late last season, causing us real problems with his pace, stamina and skill, so potentially a very useful new recruit indeed. Ther was also a second debut off the bench for Mu Maan, another forward who had a brief spell for us three seasons ago.

Kevin James collected a nasty looking head injury casued by what appeared to be an elbow to teh forehead and left teh field with a heavily bandaged head, but later he was back in the bar having apparently had several stiches without looking too badly scarred, so hopefully not as bad as it first seemed.

Team (4-2-3-1): Wilson - Abnett, Forbes(c), Pinnock, Shaw - James, Dixon - Wanadio, Vidal, Clunis - Koroma.
Subs: Hibbert (for James), Ottaway (for Koroma), Maan (for Dixon), Kamra, Jarrett (not used).
Attendance: 820

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: match thread by garethwrexy20/12/2014 10:00Sat Dec 20 10:00:11 2014view thread