ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Unofficial Dulwich Hamlet FC Fans Forum

THIS FORUM IS FOR FANS OF DULWICH HAMLET FC TO AIR THEIR VIEWS BUT IS COMPLETELY INDEPENDENT FOR THE FOOTBALL CLUB

Return to front page

Newest article: Accounting Homework Help by bailyd1714/10 08:17Mon Oct 14 08:17:50 2019view thread

Oldest article: billericay away by champion20136/4/2014 22:35Sun Apr 6 22:35:44 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Away to Hornchurch 3 points, 1 point, any points ? by sportywagon12/3/2015 16:52Thu Mar 12 16:52:55 2015view thread

K's v Bognor

By LinesmanIan (legacy user)27/2/2015 15:18Fri Feb 27 15:18:00 2015

Views: 2201

i know tis forum is a bit quiet but I thought this might attract some views. Obviously we will have all seen/heard about the Tolfrey incident. The thing that seems weird is how there seems to be a blackout on what happened bar a few tweets/quotes. Im not sure I understand why both forums have almost 'banned' anybody commenting. the video is out there and it does seem that 'theres more to it' rather than Rob just losing it

The Bognor forum has a statement from their supporters club chair saying they don't want to sensationalise it on the web blah blah and then encourages people to watch the video (on the web) to show what an all round bunch of good eggs the supporters are

its like its a court case that no one wants to talk about

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: K's v Bognor

By Griff (legacy user)1/3/2015 11:35Sun Mar 1 11:35:14 2015In response to K's v BognorTop of thread

Views: 2162

Only had a quick glance at some leaflets Bognor were handing out on the turnstiles but the wording seemed curious, picking up Dulwich fans as a model of behaviour and mentioning that Bognor fans conduct could cost the club money. Strange.

“They make their tongues as sharp as a serpent’s; the poison of vipers is on their lips.” — Psalm 140:3

Help the Hamlet - Sign up to the 1893 Club from as little as one pound a month. Click here to find out more.

By Peter (legacy user)3/3/2015 19:25Tue Mar 3 19:25:41 2015In response to Re: K's v BognorTop of thread

Views: 1864

Having listened to the Non League Show, they too were reluctant to go into details on the incident. Does that follow the conspiracy theory or is that just editorial constraints of the BBC?

By Griff (legacy user)3/3/2015 22:07Tue Mar 3 22:07:57 2015In response to Re: K's v BognorTop of thread

Views: 1823

Question being that if all there is the video ?? would make things difficult to put together a charge. Seems Ks and Bognor are doing their best to ensure nothing is said to prejudice any "investigation". Probably will all come down to what the referee has put in his report.

“They make their tongues as sharp as a serpent’s; the poison of vipers is on their lips.” — Psalm 140:3

Help the Hamlet - Sign up to the 1893 Club from as little as one pound a month. Click here to find out more.

I just dont understand

By LinesmanIan (legacy user)4/3/2015 10:11Wed Mar 4 10:11:44 2015In response to Re: K's v BognorTop of thread

Views: 1892

why no one is talking about it though. You could hardly use some comment on a forum as evidence, could you?

Past conduct

By sportywagon (legacy user)4/3/2015 12:15Wed Mar 4 12:15:49 2015In response to I just dont understandTop of thread

Views: 1920

Knowing the past conduct of some Bognor fans I am not surprised that Rob Tolfrey jumped in to batter one of them. Assuming that's what actually happened ?

Sportywagon

Re: Past conduct

By Inbetweener (legacy user)5/3/2015 15:39Thu Mar 5 15:39:07 2015In response to Past conductTop of thread

Views: 1797

The 'rumours' doing the rounds are that one of their fans jumped the fence previous to that to have a go at Tolfrey while the game was going on.

What surprises me, or doesn't surprise me, is that when we go to Kingstonian there's stewards behind the goal, yet Bognor fans can get lairy, and they don't seem to appear in the video clip until far too late...

By Gupster815/3/2015 23:07Thu Mar 5 23:07:28 2015In response to Re: Past conductTop of thread

Views: 1926

Hi - Bognor fan here

Just to confirm that the rumour about the fan jumping onto the pitch was a mis-interpreted tweet from Josh Casey (Kingstonian player) he has since retracted this tweet and confirmed that no fan entered the pitch at all.

I helped to write the statement mentioned above in this thread and the word sensationalism was used to describe the Twitter saga that followed the incident -

One media outlet (reputable) reported Tolfrey was fighting his own fans.
National Media used the Tweet from Josh Casey to imply fans were on the pitch.
Sky sports reported Rob Tolfrey was spat at (no statement has stated this, and we've had them from Bognor, K's and even a Mansfield fan at the game) - just going on hearsay.
One report even jumped to the conclusion that Rob Tolfrey knew the person he was fighting with and it was a personal matter.

The media jumped aboard this and it became grossly out of hand - hence why we've had to be careful what's been said about it as we've been lambasted previously by the FA/Ryman league for comments made online by fans etc (Crazy I know).

The point about stewards is very good and I hope this is also highlighted at the hearing. I remember going to Dartford and being told countless times by their stewards that as it's a "Football league graded ground" it will be stewarded like one, regardless of crowd size as its an FA regulation. If that is the case the surely Kingsmeadow should fall under the same category and to have no steward in the away end, AT ALL, is pretty poor.

Lets hope the FA conduct the investigation correctly and a fair response or outcome is reached.

BTW - your fans were quality on Saturday and I love the games between us both, as its a proper football match and even at 4-0 you still carried on in the correct way. Good Luck for the rest of the season.

Edited by Gupster81 at 23:07:41 on 5th March 2015
Edited by Gupster81 at 23:10:44 on 5th March 2015

By Griff6/3/2015 10:03Fri Mar 6 10:03:56 2015In response to Re: Past conductTop of thread

Views: 1757

Interesting comment re own fans. None of the fans behind the goal seems to wearing "colours" bar one chap with either a red hat or scarf (can't recall which). Might be jumping to conclusions with that but that seems to be the thing with this incident.

By LinesmanIan6/3/2015 13:28Fri Mar 6 13:28:18 2015In response to Re: Past conductTop of thread

Views: 1793

So no fans on the pitch, no spitting. So Tolfrey jumped the barrier because 'he couldnt take the bantz' after playing how many hundred games at this level. Mmmm excuse my cynicism. Ill be interesting to see this one unfold

By Gupster816/3/2015 14:01Fri Mar 6 14:01:40 2015In response to Re: Past conductTop of thread

Views: 1843

No fans on pitch - confirmed by everybody at the game.from managers to players to fans.

Spitting allegation - Sky Sports reported a statement directly from Mr Tolfrey confirmed this. This statement has never been published anywhere else and Mr Tolfrey has never even commented to the media about anything at al, so how Sky Sports have this 'exclusive' I'll never know.

As regards the actual incident let's see how it unfolds and I too will be intrigued as to how it pans out.

By Gupster8113/3/2015 05:56Fri Mar 13 05:56:25 2015In response to Re: Past conductTop of thread

Views: 1721

http://bognorfc.proboards.com/thread/5331/fas-decision-on-kingstonian-incident

Bognor to face no further action or charges at all.

By Griff13/3/2015 15:33Fri Mar 13 15:33:31 2015In response to Re: Past conductTop of thread

Views: 1685

Call me suspicious but why does this release refer to the "main incident"? Were there others that have not been mentioned?

By Gupster8113/3/2015 19:38Fri Mar 13 19:38:52 2015In response to Re: Past conductTop of thread

Views: 1695

No, no and no - there are no further incidents at all. No further investigations and just a report/result of Tolfrey actions.

Previous thread: DHFC Friendlies this week by Jamie Wyatt8/3/2015 13:17Sun Mar 8 13:17:16 2015view thread