ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Unofficial Dulwich Hamlet FC Fans Forum

THIS FORUM IS FOR FANS OF DULWICH HAMLET FC TO AIR THEIR VIEWS BUT IS COMPLETELY INDEPENDENT FOR THE FOOTBALL CLUB

Return to front page

Newest article: Accounting Homework Help by bailyd1714/10 08:17Mon Oct 14 08:17:50 2019view thread

Oldest article: billericay away by champion20136/4/2014 22:35Sun Apr 6 22:35:44 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Maidstone tickets to go on general sale Saturday by Edgar Kail18/3/2015 13:47Wed Mar 18 13:47:16 2015view thread

v East Thurrock...

By Jamie Wyatt21/3/2015 19:37Sat Mar 21 19:37:41 2015

Views: 1429

Finished 3-3, an own goal and 2 penalties. Not a great improvement on past weeks but probably a fair result over all.

Team was...Wilson, Abnett, Shaw, Hibbert, Forbes, Pinnock, Clunis, Carew, Benjamin, James, Jarrett.

Subs...Wanadio, Vidal, Kamara, Dixon, McCoulsky.

First time I had seen Benjamin, a big lump upfront much the same as Conner French was, seem to run out of steam after 60/70 mins but then did win penalty near the end. Not a long term answer in my opinion but something different at the moment! No idea where Harry Ottaway was.

Hopefully Pink Panther will be back with his excellent match reports!!

www.facebook.com/DulwichHamletFC

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: v East Thurrock...

By sportywagon21/3/2015 21:49Sat Mar 21 21:49:07 2015In response to v East Thurrock...Top of thread

Views: 1445

Dreadful 1st half from us again but did rally and show some intent in the 2nd half. Joe Benjamin had a good performance in my opinion leading the line and showed the steal lacking from a few others at the moment,
MOTM for me. Albert did well again too.
A generally poor performance from the ref Mr Forrester let a lot of cynical fouls go and then booked Joe B after the final whistle for nothing it appeared.
Poor Phil W had a right old bang to the face(10 minutes of stoppage time) and did well to continue for 20 odd minutes due to us not having Oshane B on the bench, which is a mistake in my opinion. Phil has a broken nose and has had to have stitches too .
Get fit soon Phil.

By LinesmanIan21/3/2015 21:48Sat Mar 21 21:48:27 2015In response to v East Thurrock...Top of thread

Views: 1316

Again disappointing. 2 mistakes from arguably our best 2 defenders cost us goals and our inability to conjure a chance from open play was poor. The problems seem to be in the minds rather than the feet. The players do not become bad overnight. Its now a man management task rather than a pure football one.

By Edgar Kail22/3/2015 10:24Sun Mar 22 10:24:52 2015In response to Re: v East Thurrock...Top of thread

Views: 1285

Agree that you don't become poor overnight. East Thurrock are chasing a play off place and we didn't lose, a positive we need to take forward to next Saturday. In regards to Joe Benjamin he did say when he came to the club he needs to work on his fitness, so hopefully we will see more from him in the near future!
Onwards and upwards to Wingate!

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Pink Panther22/3/2015 10:46Sun Mar 22 10:46:53 2015In response to Re: v East Thurrock...Top of thread

Views: 1364

Agree with Ian. I think there's a confidence issue at the moment. We haven't lost any key players or had anyone out injured for a significant length of time since winning at Margate.

I was glad to see us revert to the back four that served us so well during our winning spell either side of the new year, although they were ripped apart three times in the first ten minutes by a dangerous attacking side. I'd still rather persevere with these personnel than keep tinkering as in recent weeks though. I thought we panicked after getting stuffed at Bognor, with five of that starting XI dropped for the next game and others shifted to unfamiliar positions.

I thought the own goal to bring us level might be the stroke of luck we needed, but both ETU's second and third goals just about went in off the inside of the post. We weren't really worth more than one point, but had either of those shots been a few inches either way they'd have been saved or bounced back out.

I thought The Tank did a good job. He lacks technical subtlety, but he's not slow and repeatedly forced his way past defenders when running with the ball. Probably not a long term answer as a starting number 9, but like Connor French a potentially useful addition to the squad.

1 person likes this 1 person   

Phil Wilson

By Edgar Kail22/3/2015 21:51Sun Mar 22 21:51:57 2015In response to Re: v East Thurrock...Top of thread

Views: 1439

After his visit to hospital yesterday can confirm that he has a broken nose but didn't require stitches. Got away with steri strips!

Re: Phil Wilson

By Pink Panther23/3/2015 11:16Mon Mar 23 11:16:19 2015In response to Phil WilsonTop of thread

Views: 1291

Let's hope Phil doesn't miss too many (if any) games, but at least we have a reliable alternative in Oshane if needed. It's two years almost to the day that Phil got injured against Maidstone and had to miss the rest of the promotion season, and the 16 games he missed through injury cost us a play off place last season, with a variety of inadequate replacements making a number of costly errors. Three of the four sides that made last season's play-offs had the same goalkeeper for all 46 matches: Ashlee Jones (Lowestoft), Rob Tolfrey (Kingstonian), Inigo Echepare (Hornchurch).

Re: Phil Wilson

By sportywagon23/3/2015 18:11Mon Mar 23 18:11:01 2015In response to Re: Phil WilsonTop of thread

Views: 1366

Hopefully Phil wont miss any more than the Wingate fixture but cant understand why Oshane is not on the bench he is a contracted player and with Phil clearly dazed after such a big hit Oshane may have got down and saved their equalising goal had he been available to come on. Its not always attackers who win games.

Previous thread: Supreme Engraving and Awards UK Man of The Match v East Thurrock United by liamdhfc22/3/2015 12:49Sun Mar 22 12:49:54 2015view thread