ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Unofficial Dulwich Hamlet FC Fans Forum

THIS FORUM IS FOR FANS OF DULWICH HAMLET FC TO AIR THEIR VIEWS BUT IS COMPLETELY INDEPENDENT FOR THE FOOTBALL CLUB

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Accounting Homework Help by Topxlisting13/11 07:14Wed Nov 13 07:14:29 2019view thread

Oldest article: billericay away by champion20136/4/2014 22:35Sun Apr 6 22:35:44 2014view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Gavin Rose praises Dulwich Hamlet defender Ethan Pinnock on scooping end of season awards by footballexclusives.com25/5/2015 17:53Mon May 25 17:53:57 2015view thread

Playoff final

By LinesmanIan18/5/2015 16:21Mon May 18 16:21:12 2015

Views: 1391

/t.co/yzWRXTnKzf

Highlights of the playoff final. Sending off at about 18 seconds. make your own mind up

Edited by LinesmanIan at 16:21:29 on 18th May 2015

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Playoff final

By Lee Farmie (WhyteleafeFC)23/5/2015 16:42Sat May 23 16:42:31 2015In response to Playoff finalTop of thread

Views: 1145

Personally I think you can't tell from the footage. What you actually see looks innocuous but you don't see what led up to it and you don't see the extent to which he went to stamp on the bloke which was presumably the reason for the straight red.

Short YouTube clips can be misleading.

The Whyteleafe Beer Festival 2015 - May 29/30 - 30 real ales - £2 advance tickets

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Long established forum contributor | NL24 Grump of the month - August 2010 | Radius Regular | @WhyteleafeFC | @SportingLeafe
high quality legitimate banter since 1973

By Jock Jim Cannon's Jockstrap (Deadman)18/5/2015 20:47Mon May 18 20:47:55 2015In response to Playoff finalTop of thread

Views: 1237

Just trod on the bloke by mistake. Not a stamp, not a lunge, just a simple mistake and a yellow card not a red. Spoiled what promised to be a good game but that's what can happen if you put a team of kids in charge of a game like that.

By Pink Panther19/5/2015 12:17Tue May 19 12:17:49 2015In response to Re: Playoff finalTop of thread

Views: 1263

Looks very harsh to me. Just chased the ball a bit too hard after losing it. 'A forward's tackle.' I've read other comments about the referee being young and inexperienced. A game like that should have a Football league referee, or at the very least a senior man with experience at a higher level. Young refs often seem to give impetuous decisions like that; I get the feeling they think they can progress more quickly if they're seen as proactive and decisive instead of giving people the benefit of the doubt.

Why is the Hendon keeper wearing a green shirt again? Alright, it's a slightly ighter shade than the rest of their kit, but not by much. Even if Hendon are wearing their away kit they're likely to be playing against opponents in green. Of all the colours available for a goalkeeper's shirt why on earth did someone at Hendon order a green one?

Edited by Pink Panther at 12:18:09 on 19th May 2015

By Hendonboy19/5/2015 21:29Tue May 19 21:29:00 2015In response to Re: Playoff finalTop of thread

Views: 1229

I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think we did - our kit tends to be based on whatever Adidas have an excess of each summer in their warehouse in Germany. The only guarantee is that we get a Green home kit - although we request designs and keeper/away colours we don't always get what we asked for, reason being that we don't tend to have to pay for the first team strips thanks to a sponsorship deal.

Red card

By LinesmanIan23/5/2015 07:59Sat May 23 07:59:20 2015In response to Re: Playoff finalTop of thread

Views: 1209

overturned on the FE video footage. So after 14 minutes Hendon are down to 10 men because of a shocker of a decision. I know that can happen many times during the season but this would be a tough one to take. Poor ref

Re: Red card

By Pink Panther23/5/2015 11:40Sat May 23 11:40:06 2015In response to Red cardTop of thread

Views: 1381

There seem to be far fewer red cards shown for serious foul play at our level than in the Premier League. I only recall seeing two last season: Shawn McCoulsky at Hornchurch, which looked totally innocuous and barely even worth a free kick or even a yellow card; and the Hendon bloke at Earlsmead, of which I didn't have a great view, although nobody really seemed to argue about it. The worst single foul I saw was the Harrow player on Dean Lodge on the first day of the season, and he only got a yellow. That was a shocker, a spiteful and nasty lunge throught the back of the legs on a dangerous opponent accelerating away, no chance whatsoever of winning the ball cleanly. I felt that was a clear red card offence as soon as it happened and before realising the extent of the injury. Lodge had to go off and was out for four months as a result. (And then suffered a fractured collarbone in a friendly and hasn't played again since.)

The fact that it came so early in the play off final makes it seem worse but shouldn't be a factor, it's just unfortunate. It simply wasn't that bad a foul in the first place. If the ref had just shown a yellow I don't think any reasonable person would have been moaning that it should have been more.

Re: Red card

By Hendonboy23/5/2015 17:31Sat May 23 17:31:49 2015In response to Re: Red cardTop of thread

Views: 1192

Your second paragraph gets to the crux of it really. To be honest, there've been worse decisions made this season, but this referee was unfortunate that he did it in probably the biggest game he's had all season. On the flip side of what you say about a yellow probably being right, I honestly don't think anyone would have been moaning too much if Ryan Moss had just gone for his relatively similar challenge moments beforehand either - at least the ref would have had been able to say he'd been fairly consistent about his application of the laws - although of course Aaron may not have made that challenge in that scenario.

It's obviously frustrating from our point of view that it made what was already looking like a tough job (Margate shading what I saw of the early exchanges) near impossible and it took away a number of options for us, but unfortunately that's the way football works at time. The only thing that's really soured the experience for me is Margate failing to acknowledge they called it horribly wrong, even after both their own and the footballexclusives video footage showed no "terrible stamp". They owe Aaron an apology for that.

Previous thread: Pre Season by LinesmanIan18/5/2015 18:32Mon May 18 18:32:52 2015view thread