We can't put the fall in attendances down to demographics.
The 'new' locals may not be interested in football - but numbers won't have changed significantly in the past 12 months.
All the other points must be factors but the question is 'what should the c;lub be doing about the problem now ?'
One thought I had years back was to involve the local college and offer a cash prize (£100 ?) to their business students for the best marketing suggestions to stimulate attendances at Harrow Borough FC.
This in itself would get the club some local exposure with the younger generation and may produce some new ideas.
But then you need volunteers to make things happen !
In addition, surely local Asian lads play football ?
Find the promising players among them and develop some good enough for the first team.
The initiative with Ruislip R. is a move in that direction.
The best solution of all is surely a winning HB team playing attractive football and enjoying an FA Cup run !
Edited by geemickey at 09:36:14 on 14th September 2021
Next article in this thread: Re: Attendances by cappers14/9/2021 10:26Tue Sep 14 10:26:59 2021
- Attendances by geemickey13/9/2021 09:27Mon Sep 13 09:27:50 2021view thread
- Re: Attendances by harrowred13/9/2021 16:26Mon Sep 13 16:26:53 2021
- Re: Attendances by Terrance13/9/2021 17:03Mon Sep 13 17:03:44 2021
- Re: Attendances by Terrance13/9/2021 11:16Mon Sep 13 11:16:24 2021
- Re: Attendances by Earlsmead part-timer13/9/2021 14:28Mon Sep 13 14:28:11 2021
- Re: Attendances by Terrance13/9/2021 14:39Mon Sep 13 14:39:06 2021
- Re: Attendances by Middx Wanderer13/9/2021 14:26Mon Sep 13 14:26:03 2021
- Re: Attendances by Morgs13/9/2021 17:24Mon Sep 13 17:24:44 2021
- Re: Attendances by geemickey14/9/2021 08:52Tue Sep 14 08:52:56 2021
- Re: Attendances by cappers14/9/2021 10:26Tue Sep 14 10:26:59 2021
- Re: Attendances by Terrance14/9/2021 11:26Tue Sep 14 11:26:01 2021