Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Next Season by Middx WandererYesterday 13:00Yesterday at 13:00:01view thread

Oldest article: Travelling to Harrow Borough by harrowborofcadmin2/4/2015 20:48Thu Apr 2 20:48:03 2015view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Kings Langley v Harrow Borough Match Preview by Terrance19/10/2021 09:41Tue Oct 19 09:41:34 2021view thread

Re: Portsmouth Away

By cappers17/10/2021 15:45Sun Oct 17 15:45:36 2021In response to Re: Portsmouth Away

Views: 1484

Oh well, there goes my dream of seeing us winning the FA Cup without leaving London after three home wins and a win in the London Borough of Bexley. I guess we'll have to win it now by travelling around the country starting with the south coast!

It's a great draw for the club being pitted against such an illustrious club as Portsmouth. As has been mentioned, they won the FA Cup as recently as 2008 and were an established Premier League club.

I remember in 2002 going to Havant & Waterlooville to see us lose 2-1 to them in the FA Cup. Portsmouth were at home that day and there were a lot of Portsmouth fans around. After the match, whilst waiting for the train back to London at Havant station, I was reading the match programme and someone came up to me (thinking it was the Portsmouth programme) and asked me what the Pompey score was. I said I don't know because I was at the Havant & Waterlooville game. I remember thinking at the time, if only we had played Portsmouth at Fratton Park instead of Havant & Waterlooville. Now that dream is about to come true!

There is a lot of negativity on their forums and Twitter. A lot of their fans even think we're going to win! Those comments shouldn't be taken seriously though as football fans in general tend to be very negative when things are not going so well (unless you're Terry). At the end of the day they are a professional team in mid table, four divisions above us. All I ask is that we give it absolutely everything and leave the pitch without any regrets. Oh and a goal would be nice as well!

As for the game being on tv. I'd be surprised as they normally go for games where the non league team is at home. Therefore, if we had drawn them at home, I'd have been fairly certain the game would have been televised.

I'm so proud of our little club. It's a truly great achievement to be in the First Round of the FA Cup and about to play against Portsmouth at Fratton Park.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Portsmouth Away by harrowred17/10/2021 18:47Sun Oct 17 18:47:58 2021

Previous thread: All Bases Covered! by Terrance18/10/2021 08:56Mon Oct 18 08:56:33 2021view thread