League Cup Final Venue
The Powers That Be tend to wait until most of the likely contenders have been eliminated before making any sort of decision.
Ideally, they like to wait until the finalists are known.
It's a midweek game, after all: a possible long schlep for one or both clubs and the blazers mightn't want a delay caused by a team getting stuck in M25 traffic if the supply of decent vino in the clubhouse is only going to last three hours.
It will be at a current Ryman League ground, though.
Maidstone was always going to be favourite last season, though they didn't announce the venue officially until the finalists were known - about five or six weeks before the final.
Dartford was another nice new ground Messrs. Turvey, Badcock and Robinson would've fancied sampling the hospitality in. As it happens, it was about half-way between the finalists for Ramsgate v. Sudbury.
Your win last night shortens the odds on the traditional market leader in the "Who Will Host The Final?" book. With a lack of shiny, new stadiums this term I'd expect another trip to Thames Ditton may have been pencilled-in.
However, the other quarter-finalists are all east of the A10/A23. I'd expect the Politburo to hang on for a while. Champion Hill might be a fair each-way bet.
Next article in this thread: Re: League Cup Final Venue by Middlesex Wanderer15/1/2014 15:28Wed Jan 15 15:28:33 2014
- League Cup by Anonymous14/1/2014 22:31Tue Jan 14 22:31:46 2014view thread
- Re: League Cup by Cappers15/1/2014 05:52Wed Jan 15 05:52:49 2014
- Re: League Cup by Anonymous15/1/2014 10:23Wed Jan 15 10:23:16 2014
- Re: League Cup by Cappers15/1/2014 11:30Wed Jan 15 11:30:42 2014
- League Cup Final Venue by alan ainsworth15/1/2014 14:33Wed Jan 15 14:33:59 2014
- Re: League Cup Final Venue by Middlesex Wanderer15/1/2014 15:28Wed Jan 15 15:28:33 2014