ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on Forums.Football Web Pages.co.uk

Welcome To The Harrow Borough FC Fans Forum

Come on you Reds!

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: What To Learn From England. by Terry17/6 22:13Mon Jun 17 22:13:36 2019view thread

Oldest article: BBC Non League Show by Town Colours25/7/2012 20:58Wed Jul 25 20:58:44 2012view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Wingate and Hayes by Cappers29/5/2014 12:48Thu May 29 12:48:47 2014view thread

Albert Adomah Interviewed yesterday

By middx wanderer (legacy user)9/6/2014 17:38Mon Jun 9 17:38:41 2014

Views: 2023

Next Week Albert Adomah will become the first Harrow Borough player to progress from Earlsmead to play in the World Cup Finals.

Albert Adomah Interview
Currently with the Ghana Squad training in Miami for the final warm up game with South Korea before they head off to their base in Brazil, Albert found time to speak to me about his time at Harrow and his career since. After apologising for being late calling me ( they were training in the morning today) we were soon reminiscing about his time with Borough.

He was already ambitious and wanting to become a professional footballer when he started playing in our youth team in 2005. Nico Coleman was his Strike Partner , Albert recalls Nico not being the quickest player but a clinical finisher, and together they created many goals for each other. Later that season he progressed through the reserves into the first team , Kwasi Frempong playing in both teams with him and, he recalls, being especially supportive of the new boy in the team. Albert named Elliot Onochie as the player he most enjoyed playing alongside in the first team . His favourite moment during his Borough career was the goal he scored at AFC Wimbledon , he still regards it as the best goal he has ever scored. He was not only delighted to score such a great goal to win the match but to do it in front of the biggest crowd that he had played in front of up to that time.

Dave Howell was very supportive to Albert and is clearly someone that Albert respects. He is grateful for his advice when considering his options when the opportunity to move into the professional ranks arose. Leaving Borough for Barnet he believes was the biggest step up in his career , even bigger than going from Championship football to International . The fact he joined Barnet in League Two and was immediately part of the first team squad is a decision he was very pleased with, and he happily recalled scoring on his debut against Hereford before I even asked about it.

Albert was born in London, but grew up in Ghana. He returned to London three days before his tenth birthday already knowing that if the dream of international football came his way it would only be for Ghana. I asked if anybody had contacted the Ghana F.A. to alert them of his progress, but Albert said with a Ghanaian name like Adomah appearing in the goalscoring columns that was not necessary . He was approached whilst at Bristol City by the Ghanaian FA to ask if being London- born he had ambitions to play for England: he confirmed this was not the case. Albert made his Ghana debut against Brazil in a match played at Craven Cottage. On meeting up with the squad that included Asamoah Gyan , Sulley Muntari, John Painstil, John Mensah and Kevin-Prince Boateng, Albert admits he was star-struck meeting them so had to take photos of everyone. We joked that as Albert had Steve Claridge as a team mate early in his career he was used to mixing with stars, recalling an assist from Claridge in one of his two goals late in a game against Margate.

Having experienced playing against Brazil , Albert went on to be part of the squad for the African Nations Cup. He now heads off for his first visit to Brazil with a squad that has a reputation that they can perform on a world stage. Albert refused to be drawn on which team or opponent will be their biggest challenge but feels the team has the ability to get through a very tough group stage. Albert much prefers his wide position , but knows that he may well be required to operate more centrally in some match situations. Whoever he comes up against he knows he will need to be at his best.

Looking ahead to any post match interviews with British media , I challenged Albert to try to mention Harrow Borough: our former winger cheerfully said he definately would!
Finally I asked Albert if he remembered borrowing a Zidane DVD from our very own DVD man Darren. He did rememberand assured me it was now part of his own DVD collection ( I assume that means you are not getting it back, Darren !!).
Albert asked to pass his best wishes to Peter the Chairman and everybody at Harrow Borough , as soon as time allows he will be back to visit.
I wished him a memorable tournament , reminded him that everyone at the club is proud of what he has achieved and look forward to him returning one day

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: Albert Adomah Interviewed yesterday by Anonymous9/6/2014 23:07Mon Jun 9 23:07:46 2014

Previous thread: Home Pre Season Friendlies by hbfc admin16/5/2014 10:42Fri May 16 10:42:27 2014view thread