RE: New Manager is Steve Baker
Good luck to him, although for many it may well seem like an underwhelming appointment and the cheap option.
Whatever the thinking, he must have impressed to beat out 30 other candidates! Tough job though. Ordinarily it would be nice to have a five game bedding in period to get used to the job, demands of managing at a higher level and to enable the new faces he'll almost certainly bring in to settle too.
In this case, with only 11 games to go, Boro' need points and need them now, not in a few games time. Its also unfortunate that Harrow have played five games more than Witham Town who are currently just outside the drop zone.
It would be some monumental effort if he were to drag Harrow to safety, but stranger things have happened. Can't help but think that Dave Anderson had some input re. Baker as he worked as a coach under Anderson at St Albans (2007-08).
Its a left-field appointment for sure, but sometimes these sorts of appointments work better than a big name. Harrow have gone for someone who may give them long term stability, and should the dreaded relegation come, someone who has experience of the lower level.
Its easy to forget that this'll be just Harrow's third manager in the last 11 and a half years, and fourth in the last 15. In non-league terms thats exceptional.
Hopefully for Harrow's sake Baker is the right appointment and can galvanize the team, regroup and get the necessary points to secure another year at Premier Division level.
Next article in this thread: Re: RE: New Manager is Steve Baker by Anonymous27/1/2015 15:41Tue Jan 27 15:41:21 2015
- New Manager is Steve Baker by Middx Wanderer25/1/2015 11:14Sun Jan 25 11:14:12 2015view thread
- RE: New Manager is Steve Baker by Anonymous26/1/2015 12:39Mon Jan 26 12:39:17 2015
- Re: RE: New Manager is Steve Baker by Anonymous27/1/2015 15:41Tue Jan 27 15:41:21 2015
- Re: RE: New Manager is Steve Baker by Anonymous27/1/2015 22:44Tue Jan 27 22:44:47 2015
- Re: RE: New Manager is Steve Baker by Anonymous27/1/2015 11:08Tue Jan 27 11:08:20 2015
- Re: RE: New Manager is Steve Baker by Cappers27/1/2015 13:29Tue Jan 27 13:29:24 2015
- Re: New Manager is Steve Baker by Anonymous25/1/2015 14:08Sun Jan 25 14:08:37 2015
- Re: New Manager is Steve Baker by Anonymous25/1/2015 17:29Sun Jan 25 17:29:38 2015
- Re: New Manager is Steve Baker by Anonymous25/1/2015 21:28Sun Jan 25 21:28:01 2015