Re: FA Cup 3rd Qual Draw
Yep, lets not get ahead of ourselves here, a 4-0 win against Conny South side Truro is no mean feat! They got to this stage by beating United Services Portsmouth 3-0 in the prelim and then knocking out Street 4-2 in the first qualifying round so they are doing well in the FA Cup. Normally I would feel uneasy about this draw but as we have knocked out two sides from the league below in the cup so far, I feel the team is capable of another.
Winchester had their best ever club finish last season, finishing 5th in the Southern League Div 1 South & West. They lost in the playoffs to Banbury United, who are doing reasonably well in the league above and are still in the FA Cup and visiting our neighbours Wealdstone in the 3QR. They did have a change of manager over the summer and I'm sure many comings and goings on the playing staff, most notably losing 44 goal striker Warren Bentley to Gosport Borough.
As previously said, they are not doing great in the league as they currently sit 20th of 22 with only one win and one draw in the league this season. That win did come vs Salisbury and the draw vs Wimborne Town, both who are occupying top 7 spots in the league. Clearly they have some pedigree against higher placed teams, epitomised with their win over Truro. Here's hoping Boro can get some form going and make it into the 4QR! Come on you reds!
- FA Cup 3rd Qual Draw by TOWN COLOURS19/9/2016 12:39Mon Sep 19 12:39:09 2016view thread
- Re: FA Cup 3rd Qual Draw by RedHarrow19/9/2016 16:38Mon Sep 19 16:38:26 2016 1 person
- Re: FA Cup 3rd Qual Draw by Middx Wanderer19/9/2016 19:47Mon Sep 19 19:47:39 2016
- Re: FA Cup 3rd Qual Draw by cappers19/9/2016 12:50Mon Sep 19 12:50:57 2016
- Re: FA Cup 3rd Qual Draw by Middx Wanderer19/9/2016 13:01Mon Sep 19 13:01:40 2016
- Re: FA Cup 3rd Qual Draw by Earlsmead part-timer19/9/2016 14:40Mon Sep 19 14:40:46 2016
- Re: FA Cup 3rd Qual Draw by RedHarrow19/9/2016 16:34Mon Sep 19 16:34:09 2016