In the end a decent result, puts us in the draw for the 1st round proper on Monday night and gives us another crack at qualifying on Tuesday night. Margate are a decent side, but we were only trailing due to unforced errors. The opening goal was a clanger. Ochoa, playing at left back, in hindsight should have just put the ball out for a throw. Its always risky with a pass back to the keeper and they capitalised from his mistake. I thought we played well overall but struggled with the ball over the top. Once again undone for the second as Webb and Preddie both left it to each other and Williams was unlucky in my opinion as I wasn't sure there was much contact from where I was standing. Thought we really battled hard though and more than deserved the equaliser. Peacock could have put us into the 1st round if he hadn't gone for so much power in the last minute from 10 yards out but all in all a good performance. They will really have the home support on Tuesday but that didn't harm Boro at Dulwich a few weeks ago. Another 100% effort on Tuesday, minimise the mistakes and we have a good chance.
There was a lot of height in our team today, feel that gave us a good advantage at set pieces. It may be the way to go again on Tuesday. Think we can expose their backline with a few more through balls for Meite to get after. MCS wasn't as his best but hard to see Driver getting into the team upfront even though he scored.
Next article in this thread: Re: Margate Match by Earlsmead part-timer15/10/2016 19:11Sat Oct 15 19:11:58 2016
- Margate Match by RedHarrow15/10/2016 17:50Sat Oct 15 17:50:03 2016view thread
- Re: Margate Match by Earlsmead part-timer15/10/2016 19:11Sat Oct 15 19:11:58 2016
- Re: Margate Match by RedHarrow15/10/2016 22:18Sat Oct 15 22:18:45 2016
- Re: Margate Match by Earlsmead part-timer15/10/2016 22:26Sat Oct 15 22:26:41 2016
- Re: Margate Match by Middx Wanderer15/10/2016 20:51Sat Oct 15 20:51:54 2016
- Re: Margate Match by cappers15/10/2016 22:52Sat Oct 15 22:52:03 2016