My HBFC highs & lows of 2016. Whats yours?
With the end of the year fast approaching I just wondered what was everybodys "Boro" highs and lows for the year.
Got to be Merstham away in September. I havent seen the lads play so badly. In fact i dont think I've seen many teams play so badly (except England in the Euros last summer!)
Merstham could have scored 10 that day, add to that the nightmare journey there, plus it was their "family fun day" and a couple of ten year old kids saying "Your team really are sh#&e mister!" it don't get much worse than that!
Being in the relegation zone.
Admittedly this could change with a couple of games in hand but we're in a relegation scrap and the table don't lie. We need to get out of it quick.
Also East Thurrock at home in February. Cold and lost 5-2. Then very hot as I spilt hot tea down me trousers at HT. Nasty..... very nasty.
Got to be this seasons FAcup run.
Speaks for itself really, fantastic. Missed some of the games but of the ones I saw. The comeback against. Winchester City - Meite's last gasp winner.
Margate at home 2-2, and of course the 3-1 win in the 4QR replay. Babalola, Driver and Meite! " Jumpers for goalposts" fantastic.
Doesn't really get much better than that .
And of course the day( not result) at Northampton Town. Great atmosphere, nearly 400 Harrow fans? behind the goal in the away end. Brilliant.
Dulwich Hamlet away in January. Lost 4-0 but my first away game with the " train travellers" despite the result really enjoyed the day.
Amazed at the 2000 plus crowd and appreciated it when our keeperat thetime Brendon Hazlett.watchedthe the rest of the game on the terraces with the fans after being (harshly imo) sent off, he also apologised. You don't see that in the premiership!
Our. 4-1 win away also against Dulwich this September. An outstanding performance incredibly coming off the back of that 5-0 drubbing at Merstham. Couldn't quite believe I was watching more or less the same team.
Well thats me done.
Anybody want to add?
Next article in this thread: Re: My HBFC highs & lows of 2016. Whats yours? by Middx Wanderer24/12/2016 10:18Sat Dec 24 10:18:28 2016
- My HBFC highs & lows of 2016. Whats yours? by Earlsmead part-timer22/12/2016 21:37Thu Dec 22 21:37:27 2016view thread
- Re: My HBFC highs & lows of 2016. Whats yours? by Middx Wanderer24/12/2016 10:18Sat Dec 24 10:18:28 2016
- Re: My HBFC highs & lows of 2016. Whats yours? by cappers24/12/2016 12:29Sat Dec 24 12:29:33 2016
- Boxing Hall of Shame by Middx Wanderer24/12/2016 13:50Sat Dec 24 13:50:16 2016
- & even worse ! by Middx Wanderer24/12/2016 13:54Sat Dec 24 13:54:08 2016
- Re: & even worse ! by John Rogers24/12/2016 14:08Sat Dec 24 14:08:23 2016
- Re: & even worse ! or perhaps not by Earlsmead part-timer26/12/2016 17:29Mon Dec 26 17:29:32 2016
- Re: & even worse ! or perhaps not by John Rogers26/12/2016 21:18Mon Dec 26 21:18:49 2016 1 person
- A Boxing Day win by Middx Wanderer27/12/2016 01:04Tue Dec 27 01:04:01 2016
- Re: A Boxing Day win by Middx Wanderer27/12/2016 17:05Tue Dec 27 17:05:20 2016 1 person