I don't remember the Town (as they were then) getting large crowds, except in local derbies against Wealdstone. I can remember a cup match against them when we lost about 7-2 at home (they were in a higher league than us) where the crowd completely surrounded the pitch. I believe that Kenny Gee played against us that day. My father used to take me to some away matches (I believe we could travel in the team coach - there wasn't much away support in those days). We saw the match against Corinthian Casuals (mentioned in 'On this day in 1958) at Surrey's cricket ground at the Kennington Oval.
Next article in this thread: Re: memories by Earlsmead part-timer11/1/2017 12:16Wed Jan 11 12:16:08 2017
- memories by harrowexcile10/1/2017 14:58Tue Jan 10 14:58:08 2017view thread
- Re: memories 1958/59 by Middx Wanderer12/1/2017 17:56Thu Jan 12 17:56:48 2017
- Re: memories by Earlsmead part-timer10/1/2017 22:51Tue Jan 10 22:51:18 2017
- Re: memories by harrowexcile11/1/2017 10:50Wed Jan 11 10:50:51 2017
- Re: memories by Earlsmead part-timer11/1/2017 12:16Wed Jan 11 12:16:08 2017